What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

betcats

Referee
tell me when the Panthers weren’t going well was it a sinking ship, it overcome it problems and now it’s the best team, Cronulla will overcome and so will the Dogs.

Of course we were, we had been poorly run for a long time, 2005-2011 is a particularly terrible period and we struggled to get players to come here without paying massive overs. To me your management seems intent on shooting itself in the foot, it’s talking about long term success top four etc it just seems like a huge risk to expect all that from a rookie coach.

Or why doesnt every team have there own NYC team, you know so they can develop nrl local talent, or even draft that talent from elsewhere, instead of dropping their younger reminance of their 30 man squad back to a random reserve grade team, like milford got dropped a few weeks back, he goes and play for Souths Magpies, how does that help the Broncos? I know he isn't young for them to go to an NYC team, but if he were, like dearden was, he would be better for the broncos as the combos he would create with other players directly affiliated with the hand picked broncos NYC team, not some other random magpie half that the broncs aren't even interested in.
Didn't they replace the NYC with State Based U21, U18 and U16 competitions because the stress of living away from home was affecting their mental health?

@I Bleed Maroon will be happy about A Reynolds signing with the Bronx. Best signing his mob have made in years.

South Sydney have probably passed their premiership window, so it makes sense for Reynolds to put financial security at a rebuilding club with resources over staying in Sydney on a 1 year deal, especially as he's getting older and could have a career ending injury at any time. Hopefully he can take Croft and Gamble under his wing and help them reach the next level.

Dogs Of War

Coach
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/b...l/news-story/219fc50de05b28c4f64844247b1a49a1

The Brisbane Broncos have reportedly signed Melbourne Storm utility back Brenko Lee on a two-year deal.

The Red Hill outfit has been ramping up its recruitment drive after recently losing a handful of promising young talents — gun teenager Reece Walsh walked to the Warriors while Tom Dearden recently signed with the North Queensland Cowboys.

But on Thursday, Brisbane confirmed they had snared their first significant coup under Kevin Walters, with South Sydney veteran Adam Reynolds joining on a three-year deal.

And the Broncos backline will be further bolstered in 2022 by the addition of Lee, who is capable of playing at centre or wing

How bad are the Broncos doing if they couldn't find someone with his talent level in their junior ranks with way more upside.

nick87

Coach
Brenko Lee was a tremendously talented junior... but i'd be surprised if he thrives away from Bellemy and their development

Branko was a journeyman till he played for Bellamy, then he became a premiership playing, State of Origin player under Bellamy, he has been unlucky to tear his calf as if he played all games for the Melbourne Storm juggernaut this year; he would have scored 5 tries this year but now he finds himself behind Reimis Smith.

It is a good deal for Melbourne Storm because it frees up some salary cap to keep Dale Fanucine

MugaB

Coach
That is the third guy he has signed from his 2008 broncos NYC season Mcullugh, McGuire and now Beale he has no idea what he is going for.
I think he does know exactly what he is doing, yes they might be older talent, but thats good, they'll sync, it probably helps when you got kids you've coached, getting a 2nd chance basically a homecoming, while having guys like duffty, lomax and jack bird around for strike

betcats

Referee
I think he does know exactly what he is doing, yes they might be older talent, but thats good, they'll sync, it probably helps when you got kids you've coached, getting a 2nd chance basically a homecoming, while having guys like duffty, lomax and jack bird around for strike

Yeah McGuire has really synced, playing shit abd getting suspended.

betcats

Referee
Yes well, before him they were winning games, im betting now he has 5 weeks off, they get back to winning

Maybe they will, all I know is when 3/4 of the starting spine is 30 or 31 that should be plenty of leadership and experience they should be looking to rebuild the squad cause they are shit and they will stay shit if he is partial to signing 30 years olds he used to coach.

MugaB

Coach
Maybe they will, all I know is when 3/4 of the starting spine is 30 or 31 that should be plenty of leadership and experience they should be looking to rebuild the squad cause they are shit and they will stay shit if he is partial to signing 30 years olds he used to coach.
Well they aren't the future, look at our team, Soward and Wallace were our spine, whilst our rebuild started

Latest posts