What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

hineyrulz

Post Whore
https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2023/03/15/brad-arthur-extends-until-2025/

Hahahaha this is the best news ever because the fan base is going to literally tear itself to pieces. I wonder which Eels forum POS will go off the deep end first?

#chaos @SLRBRONCOS @hineyrulz
Me FFS!!

scared chaos GIF by South Park

dogslife

Coach
The Prince of Parra will be pushing Liz for longest reigning monarch by the time it's all said and done. Thoroughly deserved!

Bazal

Post Whore
The Prince of Parra will be pushing Liz for longest reigning monarch by the time it's all said and done. Thoroughly deserved!
In all fairness I've never got the hate. I think it's just the way our fanbase is built these days sadly. The fact that the same people who gave it to him for signing Cartwright were giving it to him for not using Cartwright last year speaks volumes.

He's not a great coach but he's a good coach. Is he good enough to win a premiership? Maybe not. Is anyone else available who is? Not really, although if there was we should go after them. Simple equation for me. And apparently that view gets you stalked and abused by LU members 😂

Munky

Coach
In all fairness I've never got the hate. I think it's just the way our fanbase is built these days sadly. The fact that the same people who gave it to him for signing Cartwright were giving it to him for not using Cartwright last year speaks volumes.

Is there an issue with criticising a signing and then being critical of that signing not being used?

I personally think a new Penrith stadium will be an under utilised waste of money. However if it's built I'll have no issue using it and will enjoy the experience.

Bazal

Post Whore
Is there an issue with criticising a signing and then being critical of that signing not being used?

I personally think a new Penrith stadium will be an under utilised waste of money. However if it's built I'll have no issue using it and will enjoy the experience.

Not specifically but when both are used as an attack on the intelligence of the coach I can't see how it makes sense...?

Like, Bryce is a garbage signing WTF is BA doing type posts, into Bryce is a gun he should be playing WTF is BA thinking type posts from literally the same posters.

MugaB

Coach
Didn't even need a win on the board to be extended. Iconic
He only got re-signed coz he triggered his performance clause, they made the GF, he was always going to get re-signed... that said the timing of this news probably means moses os staying on now that his halves partner and coach are around for longer

yobbo84

First Grade
Trent Robinson really has a type, doesn't he? Tall, athletic backs. Skinny halves. And sh*t for brains forwards.

Billythekid

First Grade

He's not a great coach but he's a good coach. Is he good enough to win a premiership? Maybe not. Is anyone else available who is? Not really, although if there was we should go after them. Simple equation for me. And apparently that view gets you stalked and abused by LU members 😂
If he's not capable of winning a premiership how many are? The only thing that stopped Parra getting a premiership last year was a red hot panthers side that is going to go down as one of the greatest teams this century.

BA has had a bad rap since his inception which is unearned. He took over Parra after back to back wooden spoons and some of the worst years they've ever had. A team that hasn't won the premiership in over 30 years. Whilst the first few years were rough he has taken them from that to a regular finals team with a genuine chance of winning the premiership and last year got them to the big dance.

He's no super coach but very few other coaches in the last 10 years can boast a better record (and the ones that do are never going to be on the market). I don't love him but I feel the hate is massively overblown.
BA extending highlights one major issue in the NRL…

Lack of quality coaching depth.
It's easy to see why. Like most sports coaching in the NRL is an incredibly tough gig to start with and there are very limited places. It's also a long difficult road to actually get a decent paying position. On top of that coaches basically get the blame for everything and often get axed and not always with good reason.

This significantly limits who would even attempt to become an NRL coach and the turnover is high. This leads to increasing nepotism as well where it's mostly just a position given to former players.

Last edited:

Exsilium

First Grade
It's easy to see why. Like most sports coaching in the NRL is an incredibly tough gig to start with and there are very limited places. It's also a long difficult road to actually get a decent paying position. On top of that coaches basically get the blame for everything and often get axed and not always with good reason.

This significantly limits who would even attempt to become an NRL coach and the turnover is high. This leads to increasing nepotism as well where it's mostly just a position given to former players.

I do agree with this. I am a believer that to turn an organisation around, whether it be a footy team or any other business, you have to commit to the changes and see a set period through. That being said, it's hard to stomach for some fans, especially for teams like the Tigers.

Billythekid

First Grade
I do agree with this. I am a believer that to turn an organisation around, whether it be a footy team or any other business, you have to commit to the changes and see a set period through. That being said, it's hard to stomach for some fans, especially for teams like the Tigers.
The tigers are the example of the problem. Going to them is basically an impossible task, the club is a f**king basket case on and off the field and you're expected to turn things around IMMEDIATELY or you get the sack. After working your way to the top to get an NRL coaching gig why would you want to throw it away going there.

Tiger5150

Bench
The tigers are the example of the problem. Going to them is basically an impossible task, the club is a f**king basket case on and off the field and you're expected to turn things around IMMEDIATELY or you get the sack. After working your way to the top to get an NRL coaching gig why would you want to throw it away going there.

You do realise the Tigers are locked into a 5 year commitment?