What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Nice Beaver;10866863;13394 said:
:lol::lol:

So it was Bellamy that got the win for the Kiwis?

You have taken your man love for Bellamy to a new level. Well done.

Your analogy to the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight is strange. I did watch both sides and know the Kiwis won because they played with more enthusiasm, heart, skill and will.

Thanks Craig Bellamy for instilling that into the Kiwi team. What a guy.....

Bellamy had 3 currently coached by him in the Kiwi team, and the Kiwi coach was on his coaching staff for some time. Bellamy may not have literally got the win for the Kiwis but his players certainly did their part.

Overall there were 16 current Storm players (17 if Slater had been fit) in the rep teams last weekend, more than any other club. If most can see a Bellamy coached player has the qualities required but you can't, that's your problem - watch you don't choke on it.

The Warriors recruited Hoffman & they got a good one. RTS and Luke will add to the Warriors and to what is hopefully future success for them.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Cloudsurfer;10867568;36165 said:
Bellamy had 3 currently coached by him in the Kiwi team, and the Kiwi coach was on his coaching staff for some time. Bellamy may not have literally got the win for the Kiwis but his players certainly did their part.

Overall there were 16 current Storm players (17 if Slater had been fit) in the rep teams last weekend, more than any other club. If most can see a Bellamy coached player has the qualities required but you can't, that's your problem - watch you don't choke on it.

The Warriors recruited Hoffman & they got a good one. RTS and Luke will add to the Warriors and to what is hopefully future success for them.

Who is disputing they played a part :roll:

What do RTS and Luke have to do with it?

The Warriors have recruited well and good luck to them

POPEYE

Coach
I apologise for winding up toys in this sacred thread . . . and Luke is the only one that has anything to do with it

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Rabbitohs Extend Contracts of Alex Johnston and Cameron McInnes Until End of 2017

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have extended the contracts of two South Sydney juniors today, with Alex Johnston and Cameron McInnes both committing to the Club until at least the end of 2017.

Johnston, 20, has played 27 NRL games since making his debut on ANZAC day against the Broncos last season, scoring 28 tries at a rate of more than one try per game to start his first grade career.

A product of the La Perouse Panthers, Johnston has gone on to make his debut for the Australian Kangaroos in the ANZAC Test this year.

McInnes, 21, has played 12 NRL matches to date, all of which have been for the Rabbitohs, having made his first grade debut against the Dragons in round five, 2014.

McInnes, originally from the Botany Rams club, captained the Rabbitohs’ under 20s squad for two seasons, was named in the Holden Cup Team of the Year in 2013, and went on to captain the Junior Kangaroos against the Junior Kiwis in 2014.

Rabbitohs Head Coach Michael Maguire sees big futures ahead for both Johnston and McInnes.

“We’re absolutely delighted to be extending the contracts of both ‘AJ’ and ‘Cam’,” Coach Maguire said.

“It always something special when you see Souths juniors coming through the ranks, and I’m really looking forward to working with both of them on a long term basis.

“Both of them have worked very hard to achieve what they have so far, and we know they are capable of much more as their careers progress.

“Both are young leaders amongst the playing group, and have served great apprenticeships in recent seasons under senior players like Greg Inglis, Nathan Merritt and Issac Luke.

“They’re both ready to take on greater roles on field now and we couldn’t be happier to have them commit to the Club long term.”

Johnston is happy to know his future lies in the Rabbitohs jersey.

“I’m really happy to have my future for the next few years sorted out and I’m even happier that the future is with Souths,” Johnston said.

“I love playing with this team, they’re my best mates, and playing for Souths is what I’ve always wanted to do.

“The Club has looked after me and developed me through the grades, along with the guys at Souths Juniors, and I’m looking forward to working hard and repaying the faith they have shown in me over the years.”

McInnes said it has always been his dream to wear the red and green of the Rabbitohs.

“I could not be happier about re-signing with Souths. It’s a dream come true,” McInnes said.

“Growing up playing for the Botany Rams, all we ever wanted to do was play for Souths, and to be able to represent the Club, the Members and the fans every week is something very special.

“I’m really happy to have my future at the Club sorted out and I’m really looking forward to the hard work ahead to help the team achieve its goals.”

DB

First Grade
Johnston's a spoilt brat... Picked for Australia on the wing, in SoO contention on the wing, wants fullback, where he will be behind St Duges, Moylan and Gidley.

McInness is obviously scared of Mitch Rein

Rabbits20

Immortal
DB;10878596;11350 said:
Johnston's a spoilt brat... Picked for Australia on the wing, in SoO contention on the wing, wants fullback, where he will be behind St Duges, Moylan and Gidley.

McInness is obviously scared of Mitch Rein

Sucked in as they're staying with THE PRIDE OF THE LEAGUE:D

You're butthurt!!!

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Johnstone so overrated. We were rumoured to be chasing him. Thank god we didn't get him.

Pacey and a solid defender but that's about it. He is a product of the awesome souths team which has made players like Goodwin look like a star.

Rabbits20

Immortal
canberra_raiders2k2;10878880;5508 said:
Johnstone so overrated. We were rumoured to be chasing him. Thank god we didn't get him.

Pacey and a solid defender but that's about it. He is a product of the awesome souths team which has made players like Goodwin look like a star.

Johnston is quality.

He will be on the wing for the Blues.

Rabbits20

Immortal
lafai;10878923;44691 said:
TripleM apparently has Hoppa and Tupou on the wings.

If that happens good, Souths will have AJ at fullback and Hoppa will be out of the Eels team.

In 9 days Souths play Parra without our origin stars and injured players.

The less players that get selected the better for Souths. SSTID

Son of Minto

Bench
Id be surprised if Myles has gotten past 100m a game this year. I doubt he's got past 100 much since 2012, his best year by far.

Son of Minto;10879116;39566 said:
Id be surprised if Myles has gotten past 100m a game this year. I doubt he's got past 100 much since 2012, his best year by far.
He's not that sort of player really. He's not really what Manly need though, unless it's to entice DCE which is a bit of a stretch.

I think 2010 would be up there with his best years too.