What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Foran is a lock forward. Not a half. It was the brilliance of Stewart and Watmough and their skill and mobility that made Manly so dangerous. It gave a point for Foran and DCE to play off the back of. I have given raps to Foran in the past as a half but put my hand up and say I think I was very wrong. It is really piss poor how he is playing right now. He is either very guilt ridden he took the money and ran or he is truly overrated. Not sure which but he is defo not a half. Manly need to say no way if he is next to backflip.

Last edited:

giggity giggity

Juniors
The Elephant In The room;10833294;37980 said:
Sticky will be spewing that all these SOO/International players have joined the Eels after he left. Imagine what he could have done with them.[/QUOTE]

Not much according to most experts on this forum

rabbitohs95

Bench
ek999;10836449;40301 said:
Manu Vatuvei has signed for another 3 years at the Warriors

Good to see another player most likely becoming a one club player as he'll be 32 when it finishes.

Someone open a new rumoured signings thread please Mods.

Tim Simona to Sharks is apparently good as done.
Pen to paper is just a formality now.

Last edited:

Disco

Bench
The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have today announced the re-signing of exciting local juniors, Clinton Gutherson, and brothers, Jake and Tom Trbojevic until the end of 2017.

The highly sought after trio are all products of the Sea Eagles Junior Development Program, having quickly risen through the ranks to become members of the full time NRL squad.

The retention of the trio has always been a priority for the Club, and ensures that the finest homegrown talent remains on the peninsula for at least another two seasons.

For Mona Vale Raiders juniors, Jake and Tom Trbojevic, the thought of playing for another NRL Club never really entered their thoughts.

“Manly are a great Club and I’m extremely proud to be playing my footy here over the next few seasons,” Jake said.

“Tom and I have grown up in Mona Vale, knowing nothing else than Manly being one of the best teams in the NRL. It’s a privilege to play for our local Club.”

Brother Tom was equally excited about extending his contract with the Sea Eagles after recently making his NRL debut.

“I recently got a taste of what to expect as a NRL player and it was just as exhilarating as Jake had told me,” 18-year old Tom added.

“The opportunity to play alongside my brother in the maroon and white was something I just couldn’t turn down.”

For Gutherson, a junior Kangaroo, his re-signing has given him motivation as he continues his rehabilitation for a torn ACL, sustained in the opening round of the season.

“It’s a great feeling to have recommitted. I’d like to thank the Club for giving me the opportunity to continue my career for the team I have always supported,” Gutherson said.

“My immediate focus is recovering from my knee injury as quickly as possible, so that I can get back on the field and repay the faith the Club has shown in me,” he added.

Sea Eagles CEO Joe Kelly was delighted to have secured the Club’s best local talent to long-term deals.

“A key part of our strategy is to recruit and retain local talent. Clinton, Jake and Tom are all exciting, home-grown juniors with bright futures and we’re delighted that they’re committed to the Sea Eagles,” Kelly said.

“I’m excited that the Sea Eagles Members, supporters and local community will have the opportunity to watch this trio in their backyard of Brookvale Oval,” added Kelly.

Having played his junior football in the same competition as the newly re-signed trio, Head Coach Geoff Toovey believes it’s a step in the right direction for the Club.

“We’ve had a number of great local juniors represent this Club over the years and it’s refreshing to see another three coming through now,” Toovey said.

“They are all fantastic young athletes, who have already had a taste of NRL and have proven that they are ready to embark on lengthy careers at the Club.

Now that their immediate future is sorted, they can continue their learning on the job.”

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/04/28/sea_eagles_re_sign_l.html

nrlnrl

First Grade
Is this just the player manager playing games to jack up the price ?

The_Mole_normal.jpg
The Mole@RLW_Mole · 7h 7 hours ago
For those who have been asking, it's DONE... Kane Elgey to @SeaEagles - two year deal.

The_Mole_normal.jpg
The Mole@RLW_Mole · 5m 5 minutes ago
Elgey was set to join @SeaEagles at 9am, peeps. @GCTitans came up with a big counter-offer. Now he's staying. Stuff happens.

Last edited:
still not convinced DCE will go through with his contract.

but ecstatic that we were able to hold onto LG, he's a Gold Coast boy through & through and a player like him will put bums on seats.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
That's league journos guessing or getting shit information, and backtracking.

The same Mole who said RTS was thinking of back-tracking, only to be told he was talking shit...by RTS himself. And thought he was breaking news of the Warriors flicking Dean Bell when it'd been news in NZ for 2-3 days

BuffaloRules

Coach
Just make it illegal ( through loss of points for clubs, or removal of accreditation for agents) for contracted players to be approached by rival clubs and this stuff disappears...

Might make The Moll have to work a bit harder each week as these stories won't be available to him which is another bonus..

Last edited:

mave

Coach
How would your proposal have any effect on these negotiations between Elgey, Titans, Manly??

eozsmiles

Bench
BuffaloRules;10850705;5503 said:
Just make it illegal ( through loss of points for clubs, or removal of accreditation for agents) for contracted players to be approached by rival clubs and this stuff disappears...

Might make The Moll have to work a bit harder each week as these stories won't be available to him which is another bonus..

So a player can't negotiate a 2016 contract until November 2015? Around the same time pre-season training has started for any team that missed the finals.

Can't see it happening. Not that it would matter.

Mole won't have to work any harder either because the negotiations will still take place, only the official signing will be delayed.

ByronTitan

Juniors
@belaythat: @RLW_Mole @SeaEagles @GCTitans We asked 100 people who to trust on Twitter...."Moley". Our survey said...WaaWaaaaaa.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Their jobs revolve around getting people to listen to them, of course they're going to make shit up if it means they get more coverage.

Latest posts