What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats merkins

drago brelli

Bench
Great speech by Cameron Smith.....the salary cap is working beautifully...the last four years 8 different grand finalists and four different winners.

thorson1987

Coach
I'll come in tomorrow when I've sobered up and ordered the boy his premiers jersey for a better congratulations.

Not gonna lie, the tears were close at full time. But the started when i walked back to the family area and gave the boy a hug and congratulated him, and the mother in law who has been a fan since day 1.

thorson1987

Coach
So now I have sobered up I wanted to come back in and once again offer my congratulations to you pack of merkins.

Well deserved win.

And time to keep rubbing it in Perth Reds f**king nose.

SBD82

Coach
I have to be honest. All week I was hoping for a sharks win. Thought you guys deserved it after so long.

Then on game day, while nursing a terrible hangover, with my good nature taking a battering, I thought (only) of some of the intolerable supporters the sharks have and started hoping you'd lose, so they wouldn't become more insufferable.

I was wrong. I'm really happy for you guys. And all of your supporters have conducted themselves really well following the win. Surprising considering the amount of booze you guys must have consumed.

Huge congratulations to the club and especially the long suffering supporters. Special mention to your three quarter line. I thought their work coming off your line all night was enormous, and laid the platform for your side. Haven't seen much mentioned about them and I think they are more deserving of praise.

beave

Coach
What Thorso said.

Congrats guys, really happy for all you fans that have stuck by through all the shit and tough times. Was a sea of sky blue at the stadium, would have been very daunting for the Melbourne players running out to that. I had a feeling at kickoff that they would come through for you, with all that support it was going to be a massive advantage and as a neutral, it was clear to see and hear that you really gave your boys a lift when they needed it. I also though Cam Smiths made the best losing captain speech I have ever heard, showed a lot of class and humility imo.

Fingers crossed we give you guys more of a fight next year if we play again in the finals. There's a nice little rivalry going on now between the 2 clubs.

Congrats again, very happy for all you guys and girls, been a long time coming!!

Latest posts