What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats Souths from a fanatical Rooster.

Penance

Juniors
Sowards got some toe, Good runner.

I dont think andersons techniques are up-to-date... How long is he signed with the roosters for?

Big Poppa Pump said:
Never thought I'd say this but tonight you were to big, to strong & to fast for us. We were outgunned & outplayed.

Far to shattered to say much else....

true, good sportsmanship champ!

MattJ

Juniors
nice too see such good sportsmanship guys, i logged on looking forward to rubbing it in some roosters fans faces after some of the crap i had read on here throughout the week, but after seeing some humility and reading some genuine comments, those feelings are all but gone. As others have mentioned, the 1 marker gives up way too many easy metres, something souths i didnt think exposed as much as they could have, and puts a lot of pressure on the single marker to stay square and not go early.

shiznit

Coach
i actually like opes's thinking with the one marker. if someone can use it properly it could change the game. it adds an extra defender to the line but it makes you vunerable to a quick play the ball and darts from dummy half. they would be vulnerable to a mousetrap play too.

but its good to see some inovation though...

mxlegend99

Referee
Souths really outclassed the Roosters. No doubt.

But i think the Souths of all teams had the most to prove, and they definitely did it. Roosters were unlucky to face them Round 1. It's not over for any team. But those who lost by decent margins this week are going to have to hope to make up points this week because i think F/A is going to help decide the top 8 this year.

Kiwi

First Grade
I think the one marker works for the roosters. They have to be one of the least mobile packs in the comp, if not the worst ( in terms of mobility ). Put the second marker in and suddenly this can be exploited by other teams in a big way with less defenders in the line. Anderson is just covering the Roosters biggest weakness in defense.

yobbo84

Coach
OVP said:
Good post Pump, agreed mate. Well done Souths ... FAR FAR FAR too good, however you really should have won by a lot more. But for a first hit out .. .you guys get an A- and we get a D.

And Bumble ... your post was 100% correct. Soward would have had a field day. I think its criminal the way our club treats this kid.

We definately wasted a lot of scoring opportunities - but it was in the rain and Round 1 so that's excusable. The one marker ploy is absolute rubbish. Laurie Daley was right - Bowen, Payne, Thurston and co. will have a field day with that.

Aubusson is a good player, I've seen him play a bit for Newtown and he's very good. But he's not ready yet. Soward must play. Amos will add a lot to your attack, as will Mini - the bloke was out for a year so things will take time.

I actually think the Roosters backline, when the right team is fit/picked, will be pretty good. It's your forwards who are slow and a little off the pace. Anderson's use of the bench was a joke too.

yobbo84

Coach
Cloud9 said:
Didn't souths get off to a flyer last season only to be cut up into pieces for rabbit stew mid season?

If losing the first 12 games on the trot is a flyer, then yes.

Godz Illa

Coach
Congrats from a Saints fan also on a convincing, disciplined performance.

On a side note, the Souths uniforms looked terrific imo. The black collar and side panels look brilliant, the numbers were hard to make out but that's a minor concern - we know who the players are anyway. Lookin good in all more ways than one.

0,5001,5422386,00.jpg

Latest posts