What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats Titans!

Not to mention October chokers ;-)

Well thanks Timbo =; for being just like that automated early morning wakeup call when your in a foreign country & hung over & woken up, 5 mins after your head hits the pillow but with no plane to catch ! :lol:

juneauquan

Juniors
The Tits are going great guns and certainly deserve their spot on top of the ladder. But FFS it hardly warrants a thread celebrating their achievement after only 6 rounds.

Just like it doesn't warrant a news article :sarcasm:

'JUST 15 months ago the Gold Coast Titans had not played a single NRL game. This morning they sit on top of the premiership ladder ...'

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23569797-23214,00.html

Of course it is worthy of a mention, especially considering they have never led the competition before. One milestone at a time, I say.

Ice777

Bench
Just like it doesn't warrant a news article :sarcasm:

Well if there's a news article then it must be warranted then :crazy:

Like i said they certainly do deserve their spot in the penthouse and are playing great footy, but even the Tits fans aren't getting too carried away after 6 rounds. Personally i hope they stay there abouts, it's good for the game IMO.

Yes it does...

Go Titans. Keep it up :D

This coming from a bloke who thinks Matt Geyer still warrants a bench spot. Enough said really.

juneauquan

Juniors
Well if there's a news article then it must be warranted then :crazy:
quote]

Every news article piece is forum thread worthy
Not every forum thread is news article worthy

Simply because news editors and writers put a lot of effort (I hope) into their articles and make-up of the newsprints. So only the most 'worthy' articles appear. Worthy = what people want to read.

Thread initiators (on the most part) put hardly any work in their threads and thus any mundane piece of fluff can appear. If no one wants to read their piece of fluff, it gets buried under heaps of 'worthy' threads.

The fact that this little topic appeared in a news article absolutely means it belongs as a thread in this forum. Also, because this thread is onto it's second page also makes it worthy (because people are wanting to read and reply to it).

And for that I must give a little thanks to you, Ice777.

Thank you, Ice777, for replying to this thread and validating the 'warrantedness' of this thread.

Ice777

Bench
Also, because this thread is onto it's second page also makes it worthy (because people are wanting to read and reply to it).

WOW! Second page! Well i take it all back then, any thread that makes 2 pages is definitely warranted. The way it's snowballing out of control it'll almost certainly make it's way into the classic threads. Well done on the 2 pages, the way we're going we'll be at number 3 in no time! :clap:

Even the "Best corner posts" thread a couple years ago asking which ground had the best ones racked up 2 pages so i wouldn't get too excited :lol:

juneauquan

Juniors
WOW! Second page! Well i take it all back then, any thread that makes 2 pages is definitely warranted. The way it's snowballing out of control it'll almost certainly make it's way into the classic threads. Well done on the 2 pages, the way we're going we'll be at number 3 in no time! :clap:

Even the "Best corner posts" thread a couple years ago asking which ground had the best ones racked up 2 pages so i wouldn't get too excited :lol:

Maybe if you keep replying we will get to page 3. But I have higher hopes for this thread. I am thinking 10 ... no 20 ... no 30 ... no what the hell i am dreaming of this thread hitting the magical 100 pages. But then you will be complaining that this thread just doesn't belong alongside such worthy threads as:

"Rusty is proving a point, the club needs me!" and
"Prince poopy pants" and
"Why Ice777 is all steam and no n-ice?"

By the way, the three longest threads in the history of this forum (in terms of replies) are:

Rumour signings (3,918)
2007 Crowd Watch (2,746)
Cheerleaders (2,687)

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71&daysprune=-1&order=desc&sort=replycount