What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats to Kris Inu

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
Chris Law used to frustrate the hell out of me, i felt for Blake because he had to make Law look good every week!!!

poor bloke, tried hard but was very much out of his depth in that grade.

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
poor bloke, tried hard but was very much out of his depth in that grade.

The worst thing was that i thought Tavinor was atleast a little better than Law, but they persisted with Law......not sure why though

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
The worst thing was that i thought Tavinor was atleast a little better than Law, but they persisted with Law......not sure why though

true, but i don't think Tav had what it took to may that extra step...he was on the nose with Matt Cameron in 2005 and Troy Pezet in 2006.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
ok sorry, got carried away with the 2004 talk..

Now I know why I have these old ladies that sit in front of me and take down notes of lower grade games in their big league. They probably take out the archiving years later to talk about it on the forums. I might have to try it!

I have to give it to you, you know every player that has ventured in to the club over the last 30yrs from Mathews to FG.

Quiz Question: Who was our Reserve Grade halfback in 1992? :?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm pretty sure Belly had left for Norths back then..I caqn't remember but who ever Sterlos understudy was at the time they weren't good enough to move into firstgrade so they signed Galbraith, I also found it on the weekend that signing Galbraith bput us over the cap and we were subsequently fined.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
I'm pretty sure Belly had left for Norths back then..I caqn't remember but who ever Sterlos understudy was at the time they weren't good enough to move into firstgrade so they signed Galbraith, I also found it on the weekend that signing Galbraith bput us over the cap and we were subsequently fined.

Jason Bell or That 1991 Parra rookie of the year or even David Penna

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
Liddiard left us in 92

that's right he spent a year at Penrith ended up playing reserve grade all season was in the car that Ben Alexander was tragically killed in and than ended up leaving for Norths in 93 and was joined by Belly.

HevyDevy

Coach
lol, Galbraith the Kiwi scum.

He was a dogged little thing but lacked any real playmaking ability.

Then of course we had Tulsen Tollett and Keith Blackett ...

And our greatest ever dummy-half Bill Greentree.

Utey

Coach
Can anyone tell me what happened to Ben Alexander? I saw Mark Guyer get all chuffed about it and looked really emotional. Was it a speeding incident? I know it threw a few players off the rails.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
<UPtheEELS> said:
Can anyone tell me what happened to Ben Alexander? I saw Mark Guyer get all chuffed about it and looked really emotional. Was it a speeding incident? I know it threw a few players off the rails.

Died in a car crash

Stagger eel

Staff member
We played Penrith at Parra that sunday and beat them 20-0, they were under preasure and alot of their younger players weren't stepping up to the mark and there were rumours that Gould had a falling out with several of his players which threatened to derail their premiership defence.

Anyway, that night Penrith players went back to Panthers where there were presented with their premiership blazers and rumour had it that Ben Alexander, Glenn liddiard, Scott Murray and Luke Goodwin all piled into a car and went out for a big night and the accident happened between going to nightclubs.

it made frontpage headlines for about a week.