What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations Jarryd Hayne - 2009 Dally M Medalist

Craig Johnston

First Grade
In regards to Warren the Dill Smith.

What really sh*t me was his statement with regards to "now with the DM award it will push up your price"

Pull your head in Dill. There is NO NEED for this crap on a night like this. especially when he was still gob smacked about even winning the award.

JH was just on 2UE talking about last night. He still surprised and dumbfounded that he even won.

Again...Well Done Jarryd.

Cheers
Coops

i think we saw the limitations of foxsports presenters wrt to mc duties last night.

sure fox didn't help him with some of the logistical screw ups, but seriously, the only person who thinks warren smith is funny, is probably warren smith.

The Colonel

Immortal
His acceptance speech last night spoke volumes as to how he has turned himself around and the people that he acknowledges for it...... if there was ever something that could settle any doubt as to where he will play beyond 2010 that speech would be very close.

domstrama78

Juniors
A True Hero Mr J. Hayne, very inspiring his total turn around finding himself culturally, spiritually and mentally. A true Aussie Sporting Legend in the Making! WELL DONE!

strider

Post Whore
I think he's a deserving winner

he IS the standout player for his team - he doesn't have a star 7, 9 or 6 making his life easier - he has achieved it through his own great play ... tbh we really have a bunch of solid role players around him, no one is currently at the level of being a star .... I guess in a way that makes it a bit easier to win cos you dominate the points if your team wins, but to do that you still need to turn up and make your team win each week

tresurehunt

Juniors
In every interview this season hayne has been very humble when asked about his scintillating form streak,always reverting back to his team player attitude,winning the dally M award also proves to himself he has been the stand out player in the NRL this season.And who would have thought just how far in front he would have been if he started the season in form or in position.

I wonder how long it will be, before that Hollywood clown comes on here and starts bagging Hayne out.

I'm not gonna bag HaHa out but I will say that the Dally M is a joke.

Anyone who thinks rugby league's most "prestigious" award should be decided by the likes of Paul Kent, Josh Massoud, Nick Walshaw, Warren Smith and Phil Rothfield needs their head read.

The media purchased this award and it has no legitimacy. It is a blight upon our game that it exists in the fashion that it does.

Those who want to argue are only going to do so because HaHa won it. However, my posting history clearly shows that this has always been my position irrespective of who was in contention.

Any "victory" is clearly and undoubtedly Pyrrhic.

Avenger

Immortal

Anyone who thinks rugby league's most "prestigious" award should be decided by the likes of Paul Kent, Josh Massoud, Nick Walshaw, Warren Smith and Phil Rothfield needs their head read.

The media purchased this award and it has no legitimacy. It is a blight upon our game that it exists in the fashion that it does.

Those who want to argue are only going to do so because HaHa won it. However, my posting history clearly shows that this has always been my position irrespective of who was in contention.

Well done HJ. It would be too crass to bag our best player. However I think he should at least from now on be referred by you as a man and by his proper name. It's the least you could do. ;-) By the way I reckon the Dally M award is flawed and voting should be done by the players after every game and not journalists.

The players have their award via the RLPA. The fans have their award via the Provan Summons.

However, both of these can obviously be biased. As such, the only objective and competent group of people that could vote would be the referees which is why I advocate the Dally M being chosen by the refs.

It's funny, though. Everyone here absolutely hacks on the likes of Rothfield and Massoud yet they're all of a sudden now acceptable judges for who the best league player is?

Why, because someone from our team won?

I mean, Nick Walshaw can write a great article but his ability to use words in no way makes him a more competent or qualified judge than the likes of Sando88.

Ridiculous.

SDM

First Grade
The players have their award via the RLPA. The fans have their award via the Provan Summons.

However, both of these can obviously be biased. As such, the only objective and competent group of people that could vote would be the referees which is why I advocate the Dally M being chosen by the refs.

It's funny, though. Everyone here absolutely hacks on the likes of Rothfield and Massoud yet they're all of a sudden now acceptable judges for who the best league player is?

Why, because someone from our team won?

I mean, Nick Walshaw can write a great article but his ability to use words in no way makes him a more competent or qualified judge than the likes of Sando88.

Ridiculous.

The refs? They cant even judge clear as day decision like; did he touch the line? And you want them to to analyse who was the best player during a game?

Well, I'd also endorse an official panel of ex-players picking the award as well on the condition that none of them are employed as media commentators etc

If ex-players are good enough to sit on the judiciary in an unbiased fashion then surely they're good enough to pick the Dally M?

J.hardiplank

Juniors

Get a life.

Avenger

Immortal
One year the Refs picked Mike Eden as the best player in the game. That should be the precedent and stamp to never judge again.

Latest posts