What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations Jarryd Hayne - 2009 Dally M Medalist

One year the Refs picked Mike Eden as the best player in the game. That should be the precedent and stamp to never judge again.

:lol:

Point taken.

However, I still have a valid position. As I've also said, a group of totally independant past players would be a perfectly valid option.

Avenger

Immortal
:lol:

Point taken.

However, I still have a valid position. As I've also said, a group of totally independant past players would be a perfectly valid option.

I agree. It is. There has been a group of past players not associated with the media who rate Hayne as the best player in the world. Can we have them or have they been caught out masturbating on the Hayne train ? :lol:

Bigfella

Coach
His acceptance speech last night spoke volumes as to how he has turned himself around and the people that he acknowledges for it...... if there was ever something that could settle any doubt as to where he will play beyond 2010 that speech would be very close.

Agreed.

Although it might have tipped any club wanting to sign him to make Hayden Knowles an offer as well...

ParraAds

Juniors
Since his (hopefully) permanent move to fullback there's not many people out there who could rightfully argue that Jarryd isn't consistently the best player in the game.

His combination of skill, strength, speed have not been seen in a long time.

Well done Jarryd!

I agree. It is. There has been a group of past players not associated with the media who rate Hayne as the best player in the world. Can we have them or have they been caught out masturbating on the Hayne train ? :lol:

If they did endorse her then I would absolute acknowledge that and give credit where it is due.

However, to be fair, those players are mostly ex-Eels and those employed by the media - both groups thus have an agenda.

You would need a good group of, what, 16 ex-players? That way each player wouldn't have to make sure they attend a game every single week (they might have personal commitments that preclude this etc).

Without being an arrogant prick (and once again emphasising that my discussion here is in no way anti-HaHa) there is no way anyone here can argue with me.

5 minutes ago we were all absolutely blasting Rothfield and stating that he has no idea whatsoever about rugby league. Massoud has been hammered from pillar to post on numerous occasions and is acknowledged to be a shallow, gutter-dwelling cockface.

There is no way that we can endorse an award that is decided by the likes of these clowns. To do so would be total hypocrisy.

I remember watching Hayne in the Harold Mathews team in 2004, he was a freak then as he is now. Thing is, if he really concentrates harder and keeps his good attitude the sky is the limit. Congrats Jarryd!!

Delboy

First Grade
Refs and touch judges can't even judge conversions from in front, HJ remember the NYC game against the Panthers, and there is a thought they can think straight.

I am still getting over the awarding of the second try to the Dragqueens last week, and you think Archer etc can see what is in front of them, give me a break

Congrats Hayne, hopefully you will be loyal to your club too

Refs and touch judges can't even judge conversions from in front, HJ remember the NYC game against the Panthers, and there is a thought they can think straight.

I am still getting over the awarding of the second try to the Dragqueens last week, and you think Archer etc can see what is in front of them, give me a break

Congrats Hayne, hopefully you will be loyal to your club too

Point taken.

Well, I guess I've made as much of a point as I can on this subject. In addition, this thread isn't about the validity of the Dally M Award but instead, obviously, about the fact that HaHa won it.

As such, I will graciously depart from this thread and leave you all to endorse the decisions made by the very people you have previously said know nothing about rugby league.

Enjoy.

Avenger

Immortal
Well, I guess I've made as much of a point as I can on this subject. In addition, this thread isn't about the validity of the Dally M Award but instead, obviously, about the fact that HaHa won it.

As such, I will graciously depart from this thread and leave you all to endorse the decisions made by the very people you have previously said know nothing about rugby league.

Enjoy.

Spin it as much as you like but Hayne has made you eat humble pie. We have all had it in some shape or form. So just take it and stop being a bitch.

Nah, look, I'm not having a bitch. I honestly couldn't care less.

What I do care about is the integrity of the game and not having things that should be precious sold off to the media.

I couldn't, however, refuse that last shot before I departed. Come on, who could? :D

(Hang on...if I had departed then why am I still here? :sarcasm: )

Parra Guru

Coach
0,5001,6916971,00.jpg

yy_cheng

Coach

Enjoy.

YEAH !!! and about time ! :D

yy_cheng

Coach
Sorrry for my ignorance but is their a coach's award whereby they cannot pick their own players?

That would be a good indication. Wonder who Bennett would pick?

carpe

Juniors
It's all good JH got the Dally M award, I won't argue that. He has been best player for sometime. However, I am bit disappointed with the speech from Jarryd Hayne. I am not sure whether he mentioned about Ando playing role in his acendency to top. Secondly I am also disappointed with his answer to Smith's question about whether he is going to stay after 2010. I would have expect something like" I like to stay in Parra " ....
That I felt, a douse of arrogancy.
I hope he stays in Parra after 2010, if not there will be another Hayne in making.

Nikki

Coach

Congratulations Jazz!!!

I've only seen snippets of the awards on the news this morning, but he looked so humbled very well spoken. For mine he has a future as a leader in this game and hopefully winning this award keeps him on the right path.

yy_cheng

Coach
It's all good JH got the Dally M award, I won't argue that. He has been best player for sometime. However, I am bit disappointed with the speech from Jarryd Hayne. I am not sure whether he mentioned about Ando playing role in his acendency to top. Secondly I am also disappointed with his answer to Smith's question about whether he is going to stay after 2010. I would have expect something like" I like to stay in Parra " ....
That I felt, a douse of arrogancy.
I hope he stays in Parra after 2010, if not there will be another Hayne in making.

Goto Parraeels website.

His interview is there. He says that DA has helped him alot as well as thanking JT for giving him the chance to break into 1st Grade.

I think he has signed with Parra.

From what I have read:

a) Someone asked Ozzie about whether Hayne was signed up. Ozzie gave him a confident wink.

b) Crowe saying that he can't lure Hayne away to Souths

c) When asked by the interviewers at the Dally M's whether Hayne will be at Parra, Pricey was grinning in the background.

Something posted by Nick.parra90 on 1eyed website:

1983 (Brett Kenny's 4th season)

Final Round - Dragons 33-0 Eels

Premiers: Parramatta

2009 (Jarryd Hayne's 4th season)

Final Round - Dragons 37-0 Eels

Premiers: We'll see