What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations Queenslanders

Bengal

Juniors
Elated at victory but most overwhelming feeling since is one of relief. This is one of the few times where I feel more for the loser than the winner. Well done to both sides and special mention to Daley and his staff - to get that team, arguably one of the worst Blue's teams I've ever seen on paper - so close I think is testament to the prep and game plan he fostered.

MightyBronco

Juniors
QLD played poorly this series - no doubt about it. We got some good glimpses in game 2 but thats it. If QLD were on song NSW would have been destroyed.

Last night QLD had a poor kicking game, gave away heaps of penalties, dropped a few bombs, was pretty lacklustre in attack - but still got away with the win. Great defense and spirit won the day. And having better 5th tackle options than NSW.

Two games in Brisbane next year.

drake

First Grade
Congratulations Queenslanders, your team is just too good. Cracker of a game.

taxidriver

Coach
And? Sterlo was born in Toowoomba, but never played a game for any Qld side. Don't let the door hit your arse...

mate don't bother, you're wasting your time trying to debate with these guys.

the QLD education department must be so proud.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Why the f**k would I congratulate all Queenslanders? Only 16 queenslanders actually played, the rest just use origin victory as the highlight of their pitiful existence.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Chin up Blues fans. Of not for injuries and suspensions you would have had the team to get it done this year.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Qld were better, pretty much have been for 8 years now. The pick and stick policy being applied to the wrong players by the NSW selectors certainly hasn't helped either

Doesn't make it any easier to cop though

gronkathon

First Grade
Cameron Smith applauded NSW selectors for sticking by Pearce. Says it all.

Congratulations to all the born and bred Queenslanders.

To people born and living in NSW claiming to be Maroons fans I continue to hope you get the HIV

Shorty

Staff member
Elated at victory but most overwhelming feeling since is one of relief. This is one of the few times where I feel more for the loser than the winner. Well done to both sides and special mention to Daley and his staff - to get that team, arguably one of the worst Blue's teams I've ever seen on paper - so close I think is testament to the prep and game plan he fostered.

Yeah I was expecting a try from NSW at the death, they should have scored one with that crowd.
That crowd was amazing, oh and by the way it's a good thing there were so many qlders in the crowd.....it looked great.
I'm almost resentful that when this team finally wins its going to be a historic moment and probably have scenes similar to the early 80s.

Of course nothing takes away 8 in a row, and the team deserved to win....Qld forced a lot of the errors from NSW, this is basic sports science....they couldn't score despite having all possession and that caused double and second guessing.

betcats

Referee
Well done queensland, held on desperately when needed and then took their chance when needed, champion team.

f**king hate you merkins though.

the kirwan kid

Juniors
I honestly cannot complain about tonight. I have never seen backs scramble in defence so well as you guys did tonight. No controversy, just a f*cking good game of football.

There is no other sport on the planet that comes close to ours. Union would kill to have something like that.

The best team won, but the mob that came second are so bloody close. Whoever would rather get flogged than lose by two is a f*cking goose.

But well done. :clap::clap:

Great post.

I'ma QLDer and I'm loving it right now but I'm not down with us being cocky supporters. There's bugger all in it and we win due to a touch more class and experience in the key positions. I'd love us to win more - I was 11 when origin started
(I still play in the GC second divison comp - not masters) and still remember us getting flogged the 2/3 years before - but know NSW are in with massive chance every year.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Its great to get on here after a great win like that and find minimal posts bitching about refs decisions from nsw supporters. When the game is reffereed like that and QLD still win its very satisfying. NSW recieved 6 straight penalties at one stage and during this time all Gus could talk about was how dominant nsw were. No mention of the penalties or whether or not they were deserved. For memory NSW recieved 2 penalties for high tackles to QLD 0 and you cant tell me they wernt there.
Anyway a glorious win AGAIN keep em coming QLD and it was great to hear a QLDER in the commentary box for once.

Fire

First Grade
I honestly cannot complain about tonight. I have never seen backs scramble in defence so well as you guys did tonight. No controversy, just a f*cking good game of football.

There is no other sport on the planet that comes close to ours. Union would kill to have something like that.

The best team won, but the mob that came second are so bloody close. Whoever would rather get flogged than lose by two is a f*cking goose.

But well done. :clap::clap:

Yep well done you merkins - easily the better team.

8 in a row. Unbelievable really.

It was like watching Saints. We had nothing in your 20m. And same as Saints, it was only Mez who could get over through his own skills and determination.

Pearce is a hack just like his old man. But at least Wayne had heart to make up for his shit skills. f**k Pearce off.

They got MotM right. I thought Tate or Scott, and it was good they gave it to Tate as he deserved it.