What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations Tigers

Fingerbang

Bench
He packed up mentally 8 weeks ago along with the coach.

They are looking forward to 2012 and a new era of less choking.
And you call yourself a Tigers supporter.

Dragons choked, huh? So you think your team aren't good enough to beat the Dragons on their own merits unless Dragons play crap?

Matchball

Bench
And you call yourself a Tigers supporter.

Dragons choked, huh? So you think your team aren't good enough to beat the Dragons on their own merits unless Dragons play crap?

Tigers were great but Boyd and Coward were non existence in the 2nd half, that cost you guys as you were still in it even at 12 all.
Both Boyd and Bennett gave up months ago.
You guys have choked for months so it has really nothing to do with our win tonight.

We won because we were great but with a little help from the key guys on your squad that keep giving up when it counts.

Fingerbang

Bench
Tigers were great but Boyd and Coward were non existence in the 2nd half, that cost you guys as you were still in it even at 12 all.
Both Boyd and Bennett gave up months ago.
You guys have choked for months so it has really nothing to do with our win tonight.

We won because we were great but with a little help from the key guys on your squad that keep giving up when it counts.
You're still underselling your team. I reckon they would have been more than capble of winning tonight even if Boyd and Soward weren't non existant. You obviously don't have enough faith in your own team. So be it.

typicalfan

Coach
Boyd and Soward were quiet in the 2nd half because the Tigers destroyed the Dragons pack.

I think the Dragons need a bit more variety in their pack. Cuthbertson should have played, they don't really have a Costigan or Smith to rile feathers but some second phase play wouldn't be a bad thing to try either.

gronkathon

First Grade
With the exception of Merrin the entire Dragons forward pack was belted into submission by the Tigers. That and Fein is just an utter dross merchant of late.

Good to see the continuation of good will from fans at the ground through to LU posters.

One thing is obvious though. If that is what the ruck speed and standard is going to be like this series they may as well send the trophy to Melbourne now. It was terrible

Matchball

Bench
You're still underselling your team. I reckon they would have been more than capble of winning tonight even if Boyd and Soward weren't non existant. You obviously don't have enough faith in your own team. So be it.

You guys were the favorites so it's natural.
When your the underdog in the match and being a punter it tells me to undersell the outsider, it's just coincidental its my team that was the underdog in this match.

I have faith in the tigers because i backed my team to win by a 1-12 margin so i must be doing something right.
Not everyone bets with their heart because it leads to losses.

This Year?

Immortal
Congrats Tigers. Started poorly but finished strongly. It was very frustraing to watch as a Saints fan sitting with alot of Tigers fans.

thorson1987

Coach
I just don't understand why gasnier didnt get enough ball. Every time he touched it he looked dangerous and was beating Utai easily.

Except they kept going for that sweeping play on the left hand side which teams have figured out.

no name

Coach
I just don't understand why gasnier didnt get enough ball. Every time he touched it he looked dangerous and was beating Utai easily.

Except they kept going for that sweeping play on the left hand side which teams have figured out.

Exactly, was listening to the radio before the game and they said WT biggest worry was having Utai in the centres, Gus also kept banging on about it. It was obvious before the game and even more so during it.
I know it's not as easy as 'pass it to Gaz' but surely they would have plays to get their right hand edge, particularly Gaz, involved. Poor game plan/execution by the Drags.

mongoose

Coach
The Dragons have no spark this year. As soon as they get behind on the scoreboard deep into the game they look really worried and bereft of ideas.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
They can celebrate the win, but it was hardly an eighty minute performance from the Tigers. To the poor period during the first we can attribute two key factors - poor fifth tackle options and the lack of punch from the bench.

Wests most definitely lose a great deal when Galloway is off the field. In fact Aaron Woods was quite the liability during last nights game. He seemed to have a very poor attitude was seemed susceptible to giving away penalties and making mistakes. I'm amazed he wasn't penalised more for some of his efforts on the tackled player. Their backs were getting folded backwards in trying to take the ball forward, particularly Tuqiri and Utai. They'll need to rectify this aspect if they're to produce an eighty minute performance.

Robbie Farah got more involved in the second half on last tackle plays and this is always a good thing. At times Marshall and Lui are questionable in their judgment of what the side requires and having Farah's cool head tempers this somewhat. It allowed them more freedom and subsequently their play expanded. There was complete disarray during that half hour period and Saints were having a party with the field position.

As good as that second half ball movement was, I wouldn't be locking them in for Premiership honours just yet.

typicalfan

Coach
If the Tigers put together 80 I don't think there is a team that can beat them including Melbourne. They beat Manly a little while back playing awesome football for about 30 minutes or so and they smashed the Dragons with 40 minutes of it.

Woods outplayed Merrin IMO in fact he outplayed every Dragons prop.

innsaneink

Referee
We seemed to rattle the Dragons where the past few weeks theyve looked pretty cool and getting back there mojo.

Dont know how though, there were opportunitys for saints that others have mentioned...but when it was brought up in the commentary about a lack of confidence, it certainly showed on some players faces...like they were looking for someone to lead the way.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Congrats Tigers, steam rolled us that second half. Hopefully we're still alive after tonight/tomorrow.