What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations Titans.

aarondoyle

Juniors
A good crowd too. Nearly 18,000... a sellout they said.

I've got a question though. They said they were going to put in some temporary seating and boost the seating to about 22k. Why didn't they? If you were gonna do it, the first game is the one.

DeeGan

Bench
What a night! History made and the "monkey is off our back!"

Starting out 0 from 2 would of been tough going heading on the road to face the always tough Cantebury and the Panthers who give a strong account of themselves at home.

Unbelievable feeling right about now!

Two weeks in a row we have showed the necessary heart to compete in this competition. The continuity in our play will come as we gel, if we get through these early rounds converting home wins picking up some away from home - who knows what could happen.

I won't get carried away just now, it's round two - A LONG SEASON ahead.

Eelectrica

Referee
aarondoyle said:
A good crowd too. Nearly 18,000... a sellout they said.

I've got a question though. They said they were going to put in some temporary seating and boost the seating to about 22k. Why didn't they? If you were gonna do it, the first game is the one.
Tempory seating was up, I was in that section.
Not really sure where the decrease in crowd capacity comes from. I was there in 2005 at the Dogs-Cowboys game where the official crowd was something like 22000 and tonight, in the same section. Crowds looked about the same.

Maybe they had more tempory seating then that they left in storage for tonight?

Dave Q

Coach
Let electonic history record my heart felt and warmest congratulations on this epic account of your winning tenure in the NRL.

The Sharks are a good side, they take some beating indeed.

Played strong done fine Titans.

And the sharks will be out to destroy us at all costs next week!

Titanic

First Grade
A win is a win is a win. The Nanjing fans salute you - now go and get a good nights sleep NOT !!

BWNB

First Grade
Well done, have the building blocks in place for a good couple of seasons ahead.

Hindyscrack

Bench
Eelectrica said:
Tempory seating was up, I was in that section.
Not really sure where the decrease in crowd capacity comes from. I was there in 2005 at the Dogs-Cowboys game where the official crowd was something like 22000 and tonight, in the same section. Crowds looked about the same.

Maybe they had more tempory seating then that they left in storage for tonight?

Think that is all the temporary seating available.

The crowd at the cowboys v dogs game in 2005 was just on 21K and people were hanging from the rafters. Last night wasnt as squashed on the terraces and i think if pushed you could probably fit in another 1500 people.

On the eastern side of the ground two stands have been built on scaffolding with a hoecker used as a private bar at the top. Traditionally GA's have stood there as well, so it probably reduceces the capacity in the two areas by about 1000 in total.

Dakink

Bench
Still a fantastic crowd for Monday night football - especially with foulf weather around not far away.

good work titans
you guys were probably better than us in attack, and through the middle. however the way we self destructed certainly helped.
when you get your finishing right you will murder teams.

Eelectrica

Referee
Hindyscrack said:
Think that is all the temporary seating available.

The crowd at the cowboys v dogs game in 2005 was just on 21K and people were hanging from the rafters. Last night wasnt as squashed on the terraces and i think if pushed you could probably fit in another 1500 people.

On the eastern side of the ground two stands have been built on scaffolding with a hoecker used as a private bar at the top. Traditionally GA's have stood there as well, so it probably reduceces the capacity in the two areas by about 1000 in total.

Honestly I think 15-18k is what we can expect at Carrarra. Which I think will be good going considering the dilapidated state of the stadium and the higher than average ticket prices.

Next year with a new stadium I think 18000 will be the smallest crowd with a 20k average.

imasharkie

Coach
Congrats to you guys on your 1st win.
I won't be attending anymore games at Carrara. Bring on Robina. I believe the Robina ground will be similar to Suncorp. Hope so. Suncorp is a magnificient ground to watch footy unfortunately Carrara is one of the worst.
Another thing.
You have fans that ruin going to the footy. I know every club does but geez we had some bogans around us last night that weren't there for the game. Your club will have to weed them out or the travelling oppositiion fans will stop coming. I've been to a lot of grounds and would have to say the Titans fans have a lot to learn when it comes to sportsmanship. The Broncos and Cowboys have an excellent supporter base and I love going to their games against us.
Yes I'm a bit of a whinger but I love my footy and my team and there's nothing more painful than punters try to provoke something. I hope things change by the time Robina comes around.

Latest posts