What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations World Club Champions!

BDGS

Bench
Nice of the opposition supporters in here to show the Dragons the respect they have now earned.

Great 12 months for us Dragons fans, well deserved victory this morning and rightfully we can call ourselves the best club side in the world right now. :D

Yeah well don't get too use to it, especially coming from a Canterbury fan :p

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
1st or 16th? :sarcasm::p

Congrats to the dragons. From what I've seen of STGI so far this year a defence of the title will be well within the dragons reach.

Slackboy72

Coach
Why hasn't the club got a world champions t-shirt already? :sarcasm:
r725707_5803194.jpg

Zoggy

Juniors
Wigan played better than I expected. Well done to them.

I also thought the ref was good, he did call held a few times too early though.

top game,St George look good,Wigan pushed them all the way,thought the French Referee had a top game,the professional SKY coverage,even allowing for Stevo,sh*ts all over channel 9.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Tough game, Wigan showed alot of fight but our defense was too good.

We have done the rugby league treble...Minor Premiers, Premiers, World Champions..the first time in nearly 20 years. Choke on that!!

:)

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
looked like a good game from the highlights, thanks ch9...

Pretty entertaining. Lots of end to end footy, the Sky Sports lads - I thought Carney was good actually - giving the most biased assesments of all time (Phil Clarke makes Fatty Vautin calling Origin appear neutral) and a French Ref whom I actually didn't mind even though he made some comical calls that were matched only by Jason Nightingales efforts in trying to ctach bombs (its all good Flo. You're a legend).

Creagh, Hunt and Prior were great but massive mention to Jonny Green who was outstanding off the bench. Fien was good and our left side tore them to shreds. Cameron King is going to be some player too just quietly.

For Wigan, I was very impressed with their props Coley and Prescott. Tomkins tried hard and was heavily involved and George Carmont was very solid. The gap is clear though. With two more games under their belts, Saints would have lapped them. Wigans vets asset is their coach - they play like an Aussie side and are very disciplined. Scored one try from a kick and the other from a loose pass. Didn't look likely apart from that.

Was a good game to watch though, great atmosphere and played very willingly but in a great spirit.

Can't wait to get home tonight and watch it again.

Stagger Lee

Bench
It's great to have won the treble - a flood of trophies after so many years of drought!

And thanks to all the other teams supporters like Timmah, Mr Angry and Flapper and others who have said well done ... It is a classy thing to do :) :D

Th1rteen

Juniors
4 tries to 2, & one of the Wigan tries most arsey try you'll ever see.

Imagine if this game was played in Australia, with 2 games under their belt? The British sides would be lucky to score a point.

I reckon Wigan would scrap into the NRL top 8.

Are all St George Dragon fans as arrogant as you are??

It was 21-15 idiot, and yes whilst you deserved to win, it was marginal and largely an even contest.

If it was in Australia during the NRL season then I am 100% positive that it would have still been an even game.

I take it you don't even watch Super League? No? Then shut up.

Congrats SGI, good luck in 2011.

Last edited:

Latest posts