What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations

Eelementary

Post Whore
Congratulations Manly on a superb performance today. I thought that Manly's guts and determination showed us a thing or two. And although we lost, I'm still proud of how we played - could have been worse. We could have not turned up at all!

A great game of footy played by two great rivals. A top day all in all.

Stagger eel

Staff member
well done guys..deserved your win.

hope to meet again in the finals.

see cliffy, that wasn't too bad wasn't it?? ;-)

Dutchy

Immortal
Cheers Eele, Eela. I was impressed with how Parra took it do us, especially in the middle third. Hayne just keeps getting better and better. Good luck for the rest of 07.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Dutchy said:
Cheers Eele, Eela. I was impressed with how Parra took it do us, especially in the middle third. Hayne just keeps getting better and better. Good luck for the rest of 07.

I only saw the highlights as I had a 12 hour shift today and couldn't make it to the game, heard both teams played with a sh*tload of intensity.

good to see.

slippery nipeel

Juniors
Congrats Eagles!! Edge of the seat stuff from both teams and I hope we get another crack at you in the semis as we were only a shandy off today.

Manly's ability to come back from the amount of defense they did in the 1st half was sensational.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah Manly's mental strength was incredible. Twice there (halftime and after Inu's try) our boys looked like they thought they had the game won but Manly obviously knew we didn't.

For all our faults in that game we still would've smashed most teams by 30 points, considering all the chances we had.

Your goal-line defence and attack were both outstanding and that's the measure of a top side - how well you attack and defend inside the 20. For the first time this year I think Manly are genuine contenders.

Hope you get smashed though, especially that miserable little pig-faced merkin who lets his mates down.

Congratulations on a great performance.

ExiledWool

Juniors
Just watched it over here in UK - great game played by two sides clearly up for it. It also showed where Lyon should be playing

Ryan

Juniors
Cheers for being good sports lads. I would be surprised if y'all lost another game if you go into them with as much intencity as you did against us Eagles.

Well done, and apart from those imbeciles that threw projectiles at the players, a great day all round (still have hangover).

Like I have said all along....Manly vs. Parra grand final !!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ryan said:
Cheers for being good sports lads. I would be surprised if y'all lost another game if you go into them with as much intencity as you did against us Eagles.

Well done, and apart from those imbeciles that threw projectiles at the players, a great day all round (still have hangover).

Like I have said all along....Manly vs. Parra grand final !!!

That really pisses me off. I dislike Lyon (as a man) for how he handled everything, but throwing stuff at him is just unacceptable. Really poor form.

I'm surprised we only ended up losing by 8, to be honest - at times, I have no idea how we managed to even hold on!

chileman

Coach
Eelementary said:
Congratulations Manly on a superb performance today. I thought that Manly's guts and determination showed us a thing or two. And although we lost, I'm still proud of how we played - could have been worse. We could have not turned up at all!

A great game of footy played by two great rivals. A top day all in all.
Gracias amigo.....it was a game fit for a semi final and was great to be able sit and watch it up here in Brisneyland instead of the Broncos for once.....close my eyes for a tic and I was transported back to the 70's sitting on my bed with my little radio listening to the Parra /Manly battles unfold taking down all the stats in my notebook......traditional rivals and I loved it....those were the days :D

CharlieF

Juniors
chileman said:
Gracias amigo.....it was a game fit for a semi final and was great to be able sit and watch it up here in Brisneyland instead of the Broncos for once.....close my eyes for a tic and I was transported back to the 70's sitting on my bed with my little radio listening to the Parra /Manly battles unfold taking down all the stats in my notebook......traditional rivals and I loved it....those were the days :D

I can hear Frank Hyde now......

canteen worker

Juniors
Twas a good game to be at the Stadium and the atmosphere was magic. Despite the fools throwing coins (didn't see them myself) and the 'Jamie is a Wanker' shouts the banter and fun between the supporters was all good. The game was of a high standard and both sides could take a lot of positives out of the match. Cayless was missed (as was King)! Great to get a win at Parra - it happens all too seldom for us.

canteen worker

Juniors
Twas a good game to be at the Stadium and the atmosphere was magic. Despite the fools throwing coins (didn't see them myself) and the 'Jamie is a Wanker' shouts the banter and fun between the supporters was all good. The game was of a high standard and both sides could take a lot of positives out of the match. Cayless was missed (as was King)! Great to get a win at Parra - it happens all too seldom for us.