What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conspiracy theories again.......

thorson1987

Coach
It's not the first ever referee blunder and it happened so early in the game. It's ridiculous to point at that and stomp up and down about conspiracies - I didn't hear Henry or Thurston's quotes but if they were calling Sydney bias that is pretty pathetic.

Melbourne had a lot more reason to question the integrity of the refs after Friday's game and Bellamy/Smith did not buy into it at all

difference being we have another game to worry about.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I think the last thing the NRL wants is Cronulla winning the comp. Not this year with the ASADA investigation looming. They would rather avoid another Melbourne scenario.

firechild

First Grade
c31014ba533b.gif

Bench
oh please, get over it. a decision went against the cowboys. deal with it.

my team has been last for 3 years, dont see me complaining.
I am not a cowboy supporter,but they got dudded,the officials make howlers all the time,souths get a leg up every week,how can a sane person not think the league has an agenda.

typicalfan

Coach
In a thread discussing Thurston, to suggest anyone else is a bigger sook is laughable. But hey, at least those tears can keep flowing for another year.
It is laughable to single out Thurston when your own coach has a far more decorated career in sooking. But I wouldn't expect a Manly supporter to understand.

Paullyboy

Coach
I think the last thing the NRL wants is Cronulla winning the comp. Not this year with the ASADA investigation looming. They would rather avoid another Melbourne scenario.

That's very true, but they would rather them still in ahead of the lowest drawing team in the comp.

Anyone who thinks they aren't pulling for the bunnies to make it is clearly deluded though.

adamkungl

Immortal
How does the Sharks winning make a Souths v Roosters "dream grand final" more likely?
JT is a bitch, bitching at his best.

Yup

The most laughable thing is the idea that the NRL wants Cronulla in :lol:

QLDerp shoulder chip is larger than ever

Bench
do you believe there is a sydney bias? i mean, melbourne have only played in 5 of the past 7 grand finals...
That is true,but never in the last 7 years have the NRL had so much bad PR,cronulla ElephantJuice,the origin players fiasco,Ferguson,the squirrel grip,the poor reffing and more,the NRL need a feel good story to take the heat off.
Souths seem to be the beneficiary of all this bad PR,and the the NRL it would seem want souths to win and wipe away all the troubles of 2013.

firechild

First Grade
It is laughable to single out Thurston when your own coach has a far more decorated career in sooking. But I wouldn't expect a Manly supporter to understand.

Thurston has had on-field tantrums abusing referees, whinged EVERY time things haven't gone his way and blamed everyone but himself when his team has lost. Deflect all you want but Thurston's latest outburst is hardly surprising given his past.

mongoose

Coach
kane linnet must be happy with whats going on. Takes the pressure off him after not scoring a try he should have scored. That was an easy diving try for a winger and he got bundled out by John Morris ffs.

maybe the NRL should interview him...

Apey

Staff member
I feel sorry for most Cowboys fans and their team. Sucks big time and a lot of the rubbish they are saying is based on emotion (understandably) rather than any kind of logical thought. Don't feel sorry for Thurston whatsoever, in fact his tears at the press conference and his sook about the NRL wanting an all sydney GF is like crack to me. Wonder if he will be in any shit for calling the NRL's integrity into question... oh who am I kidding :lol:

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
He's right, and it was Henry saying things like "conspiracy theorist would say......" and "it makes you wonder.....". The fact is, his team was dudded once more by refereeing decisions, and not just interpretations or 50/50 calls that might happen every game and go either way. These were basic, basic errors that just don't happen, video footage of a blatant knock on and then six officials not being able to count to six? Come on.
I thought Thurston and Henry handled it pretty well considering the circumstances. They're entitled to wonder what's going on and question how this could all happen again, wouldn't you?
The media and NRL personalities have been raving on all year about how a roosters v rabbits grand final would be "good for the game" etc.

Apey

Staff member
I would be very surprised if he gets in trouble for implying the NRL are corrupt.

firechild

First Grade
The media and NRL personalities have been raving on all year about how a roosters v rabbits grand final would be "good for the game" etc.

And yet not one of you numpties have explained why refs favouring the Sharks would make a Roosters v Rabbits grand final any more likely.

Apey

Staff member
He's right, and it was Henry saying things like "conspiracy theorist would say......" and "it makes you wonder.....". The fact is, his team was dudded once more by refereeing decisions, and not just interpretations or 50/50 calls that might happen every game and go either way. These were basic, basic errors that just don't happen, video footage of a blatant knock on and then six officials not being able to count to six? Come on.
I thought Thurston and Henry handled it pretty well considering the circumstances. They're entitled to wonder what's going on and question how this could all happen again, wouldn't you?

Thurston has said more than that since then. Just on Nine News, although I figure I should wait to see if I can find a clip/text before posting the quote...

typicalfan

Coach
Thurston has had on-field tantrums abusing referees, whinged EVERY time things haven't gone his way and blamed everyone but himself when his team has lost. Deflect all you want but Thurston's latest outburst is hardly surprising given his past.

I am not deflecting. But a lot of people have some shattered houses. Toovey is always ripping on someone as well. What do you think Toovey would have said if it were Manly and not the Cowboys?