What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract Hunting Season 2007/2008

• Thread starter Deleted member 10972
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10972

With the anti-tampering deadline abolished, some big name players are coming off contract in 2007. There will be some epic saga's surrounding many of the star players coming off contract. So put in your 2c now, & give your thoughts on some of the following:

Matt Utai

Sonnybill Williams

Mark O'Meley

Luke O'Donnell

Craig Wing

Craig Fitzgibbon

Hazem El Masri

Iosia Soliola

Joel Monaghan

Josh Lewis

Post any more if need be.

effnic

Bench
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
With the anti-tampering deadline abolished, some big name players are coming off contract in 2007. There will be some epic saga's surrounding many of the star players coming off contract. So put in your 2c now, & give your thoughts on some of the following:

Matt Utai

Sonnybill Williams

Mark O'Meley

Luke O'Donnell

Craig Wing

Craig Fitzgibbon

Hazem El Masri

Iosia Soliola

Joel Monaghan

Josh Lewis

:sarcasm:

Navjot

Juniors
Would like to see luke o'donnell back at the tigers but id doubt it would happen, shrek and lewis would be handy too.

Balmain_Boy

The O'donnell thing annoys me. It was so obvious he had what it took, yet the club let him go, whilst blokes like Nick Graham and Scott Sattler were signed. Bloody infuriating.

Navjot

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
The O'donnell thing annoys me. It was so obvious he had what it took, yet the club let him go, whilst blokes like Nick Graham and Scott Sattler were signed. Bloody infuriating.

Im hearing ya, i couldnt believe they let him go so meekly, I remember blocker saying at the time "they can build a team around this kid" :crazy:

D

Deleted member 10972

Effnic, O'Donnell is now an Australian rep, Soliola is a Kiwi international, Monaghan would be in high demand, & Josh Lewis is one of the best young halfbacks in the NRL.

Jono078 said:
Be interesting to see who the Knights go for if Johns decides to retire..

They would get an experienced 5/8, Mullen has the potential to be a world class halfback, and just needs someone with experience to help him further.

Smiley

Bench
sanchez moreno said:
he will resign with brissie

Sir Biffo said:
He's due for a new club.

He asked for a long term contract this year but because of the salary cap and his injury problems, the club is playing on the safe side. When they found out Webcke was retiring, They used most of that money to resign Karmicheal Hunt. If he gets through 2007 injury free, they will most probaly offer his a three year contract. I believe it will be either Hunt or Ennis Who will become the next Broncos Captain after Lockyer retires.

stuke

Bench
there will be quite a few more. i think Timana Tahu is up at the end of the year - will be interesting to see how he goes back under the tutelage of Hagan.

also will be interesting if we get the signing of players a season or two out from their contracts expiring....something fraught with danger.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:

Matt Utai

Sonnybill Williams

Mark O'Meley

Luke O'Donnell

Craig Wing

Craig Fitzgibbon

Hazem El Masri

Iosia Soliola

Joel Monaghan

Josh Lewis

Wing will probably leave.. With Fitzgibbon it will be more ESL clubs than NRL being interested in him.. Either he will sign for one more year or go to England. He definitely won't play for another NRL club.

D

Deleted member 10972

I hope Fitzgibbon stays a Rooster till he retires. He just needs a backrow partner with a high workrate to take pressure off him, along with frontrowers that go-forward. We can't rely solely on him to get us going forward on a weekly basis. O'Meley to Roosters or Manly. O'Donnell to Roosters, Manly or Tigers. Tahu to Knights. Utai to god knows where.

Achillies

Juniors
Marshall_magic said:
Utai>Souths, they love players past their best

Coming from a guy who supports the team who fished Jason Moodie out of retirement.

David Fa'alago is the only guy off contract at Souths i am worried about losing.

Latest posts