What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract situation for 2008 inc: Rumours and signings.

Stagger eel

Staff member
hope to clear up any questions and queries , i've decided to tell you what I know. [which is not much :sarcasm: ]

The following players are under contract for next season.

Luke Burt
Jarryd Hayne
Ben Smith
Eric Grothe
Brett Finch
Tim Smith
Daniel Wagon
Chad Robinson
Nathan Hindmarsh
Nathan Cayless
Fuifui Moimoi
Joal Reddy
Krisnan INU
Feleti Mateo
Zeb Taia
Josh Cordoba
Mark Riddell
James Grehan
Todd Lowrie
Weller Hauraki
Matt Keating

PJ Marsh * Negotiating with other clubs even though he is still under contract for 08*

Off contract players

Timana Tahu - Rugby

Ian Hindmarsh - Retirement

Michael Lett

Taulima Tautai

Etu Uesele - Rumoured to be heading to the Dogs

Blake Green - Despite hearing that he could be good as gone, i've heard as late as Thursday arvo that Hages is still very interested in him to say at the club, Wests Tigers are rumoured to be interested.

Richard Fa'aoso

Aaron Cannings

Dave Williams

Junior Paolo - I hear we're talking to him although the dogs have apparently shown some interest.

Justin Tsolous - Gold Coast and Dogs are interested.

Brendon Oake

Kris Keating - still talking but we're very confident in signing him he is a must signing for us imo, several clubs have shown interest including The Dogs and Melbourne.

* I believe that most of the Jersey Flegg and SG Ball squad are tied up for next year also and all of the Part time/Premier League players are all off contract.

If I've missed anyone out from the fulltime squad please let me know.

Stagger eel

Staff member
As you can see there wouldn't be too much room to work with as there are maybe 4 or 5 spots left in the fulltime squad which maybe taken up by flegg players or the odd external signing or 2.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Thanks Eela, thats a good list for 2008, I sure hope that Kris Keating resigns from what i have heard he goes really well, But with his brother resigning you would think he would be in Eels colours next year.

StEely Matt

Juniors
eelavation said:
hope to clear up any questions and queries , i've decided to tell you what I know. [which is not much :sarcasm: ]

The following players are under contract for next season.

Luke Burt
Jarryd Hayne
Ben Smith
Eric Grothe
Brett Finch
Tim Smith
Daniel Wagon
Chad Robinson
Nathan Hindmarsh
Nathan Cayless
Fuifui Moimoi
Joal Reddy
Krisnan INU
Feleti Mateo
Zeb Taia
Josh Cordoba
Mark Riddell
James Grehan
Todd Lowrie
Weller Hauraki
Matt Keating

PJ Marsh * Negotiating with other clubs even though he is still under contract for 08*

Off contract players

Timana Tahu - Rugby

Ian Hindmarsh - Retirement

Michael Lett

Taulima Tautai

Etu Uesele - Rumoured to be heading to the Dogs

Blake Green - Despite hearing that he could be good as gone, i've heard as late as Thursday arvo that Hages is still very interested in him to say at the club, Wests Tigers are rumoured to be interested.

Richard Fa'aoso

Aaron Cannings

Dave Williams

Junior Paolo - I hear we're talking to him although the dogs have apparently shown some interest.

Justin Tsolous - Gold Coast and Dogs are interested.

Brendon Oake

Kris Keating - still talking but we're very confident in signing him he is a must signing for us imo, several clubs have shown interest including The Dogs and Melbourne.

* I believe that most of the Jersey Flegg and SG Ball squad are tied up for next year also and all of the Part time/Premier League players are all off contract.

If I've missed anyone out from the fulltime squad please let me know.

A very tidy looking squad for next season...

It doesn't bother me a bit if we do not sign any external players.

Invest in what we have I say.

Agent Mulder

Bench
StEely Matt said:
A very tidy looking squad for next season...

It doesn't bother me a bit if we do not sign any external players.

Invest in what we have I say.

Exactly what i have said the past 2 seasons, we don't need to sign any players the talent we have in the lower grades is awesome, Finally after all these years we are using this great young talent we have instead of buying players left right and centre.

Go Parra!

Keating - He's good.
Tautai
Paulo
Faaso
Oake

All have to be re-signed IMO, The rest can go. Green is a good player but if he wants to play 1st grade he might have to look elsewhere unfortunately for us and him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm not that concerned about the depth in the frontrow I'm sure we can retain Bubba and Junior or sign a couple of outsiders but I would dearly love to retain kk, we're apparently very confident in retaining him.

strider

Post Whore
i have this feeling that junior paulo would be one of those guys who turns into a star if he left and went elsewhere :lol: ... so i really want him to stay whether he becomes a star here or not :lol:

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Thats a very good summary Eela.

I would still like to see Green stay. I think he has a lot more to offer than some suggest.

We have a well balanced squad and will be a title threat.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
We can also sum it up this way.

If there are 21 contracted players for next year, and the average player salary is 160K, there may only be room for 2 or 3 more top notch players.

Sign Keating, Green, PJ and Junior and the salary cap is pretty dry.

yy_cheng

Coach
strider said:
i have this feeling that junior paulo would be one of those guys who turns into a star if he left and went elsewhere :lol: ... so i really want him to stay whether he becomes a star here or not :lol:

I'd rather someone with more NRL experience. He could also turn into another Jack A.

The fact that
Richard Fa'aoso

Aaron Cannings

Junior Paolo -

Justin Tsolous -

Brendon Oake

are still not signed suggests we are after a few props in the market.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee thats a pretty good squad, lets hope we're able to retain most on that list. KK sounds like a top priority.

Stagger eel

Staff member
join the bandwagon said:
The fact that
Richard Fa'aoso

Aaron Cannings

Junior Paolo -

Justin Tsolous -

Brendon Oake

are still not signed suggests we are after a few props in the market.

maybe or basically keep who his got or bring up someone like Mannah, Brod Wright and Duanne Poeneki from flegg.

Stagger eel

Staff member
stuke said:
we still need to bring at least one new player from outside the surrent squads.

I don't know whether we need a new player but I do believe we need some strengthening upfront.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
geez the dogs want a few of our juniors

good to see them get their arse kicked last night

Latest posts