What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract situation for 2008 inc: Rumours and signings.

cardinal

Juniors
El Diablo said:
That's 1 more than Melbourne.

i hope you're not being serious :?

the Storm have only missed the finals twice since their inception and have appeared in 2 GF's already.

you think they need more success to be popular in Melbourne :?

they are a waste of time and Fitzy knows it

move them ASAP

I like fitzy but kicking the storm out rates alongside merging the eels remember we were nearly the parramatta tigers, fitzy has had some ripers. Who said the storm are not popular 12000 to a game sure beats the roosters 6000 the other week. They are being built a 30000 capacity ground to share with the victory which will get more people to games. Olympic park is crap to watch footy and only holds 14000. It has been fun banging on about this but I am getting a bit bored. When ever you would like to answer my question of why it is ok for sydney clubs including parra to sign young players from other areas and not the storm feel free.

El Diablo

Post Whore
the Storm were minor premiers last year yet came 13/15 in home crowd averages. imagine if they had a couple of bad years.

despite the Roosters only getting 6,000 theother week they are still averaging more than Melbourne this year

D

Deleted member 10972

eelavation said:
maybe or basically keep who his got or bring up someone like Mannah, Brod Wright and Duanne Poeneki from flegg.

Brod Wright, went to my high school :)

Was my swimming instructor when i was in Yr 7 & he was in Yr 9. Good bloke, growing every year, smart guy too.

cardinal

Juniors
El Diablo said:
the Storm were minor premiers last year yet came 13/15 in home crowd averages. imagine if they had a couple of bad years.

despite the Roosters only getting 6,000 theother week they are still averaging more than Melbourne this year

Yep only 2000 less than parra and they compete with 10 afl clubs. Did you notice who was below the storm that would be the mighty dragons. They have been a fairly successfull club hav'nt they. Oh and you still hav'nt answered my question I notice.

El Diablo

Post Whore
When ever you would like to answer my question of why it is ok for sydney clubs including parra to sign young players from other

Errrr the Storm are the only team with NO juniors and it doesn't look like that will EVER change

El Diablo

Post Whore
cardinal said:
Yep only 2000 less than parra and they compete with 10 afl clubs. Did you notice who was below the storm that would be the mighty dragons. They have been a fairly successfull club hav'nt they. Oh and you still hav'nt answered my question I notice.

the AFL clubs excuse lol

no crowds and no juniors = no future

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
While Paea and Parramatta prop Tim Mannah stood out for the Blues, the star of the show was Queensland centre and Northern Territory-product Will Chambers.

Am I the only one wondering why a kid from the NT was playing in a QLD vs NSW game?

Pazza

First Grade
tim mannah

tall or short?
weight?
aussie or kiwi?
worker or hard runner?
work rate?
anyskills?

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
yeah Will Chambers is from Gove, a mate i play rugby with knew him. and he got a contract by the storm and hes now playing the queensland cup so yeah

eelz47

Coach
Pazza said:
tim mannah

tall or short? tall for age
weight? big frame,
aussie or kiwi? id say greek maybe
worker or hard runner? both
work rate? good
anyskills?

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Just a request for the admins. Are we able to make the first couple of posts for this topic a sticky (or whatever it is called) so people can refer to it and if neccessary add any any new signings throughout the year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
Just a request for the admins. Are we able to make the first couple of posts for this topic a sticky (or whatever it is called) so people can refer to it and if neccessary add any any new signings throughout the year.

I'll make this whole tread a sticky...

sooperdooper

First Grade
im with diablo.... it looks as though melbourne are just looking at signing young talent everywhere but melbourne.
I have no problem with them finding talent in victoria and shipping them to qld cup to develop.... but it seems as thought they arent.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
The VRL is probably not at a stage where the players coming through are talented enough to make the leap into NRL. However i have no doubts that with continued development down there (and as it stands at the moment, they are extremely happy with were development is at) im sure there will be players that the Storm can send up to Central Coast Storm and Brisbane Norths.

ANYWAY BACK TO PARRAMATTA

David Williams is a must signing IMO. When he's not injured he's a freaky player, we need him to stay at the club, and not follow his bro over to the dark side!

Latest posts