What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contracts

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Okay, so who is off contract at seasons end??

I know of-
John Wiliams, who I think we should re-sign. I think he is a good, handy player who does his job well.
Anthony Tupou, I think he is gonna go for sure. Unless he takes a huge paycut?

I know of-
John Wiliams, who I think we should re-sign. I think he is a good, handy player who does his job well.

Would like to see Tupou go to make way for Jennings.

Would like to see Williams go to make way for Oldfield from manly.

webShark

I know of-

Surely the whole point of the other threada is that Toops has an option he intends to enforce , thus keeping him on 400k+ for the year. The Sharks will have to work hard to find someone to take him. Personally apart from Jennings I see no alternative. Maybe if the Titans can't pay Taylor something could be done there. I am no fan of Toops but can see why he would exercise his option.

Disagree on John Williams too. Rank average. Easily covered by the likes of Stapo who is equally average.

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Disagree on John Williams too. Rank average. Easily covered by the likes of Stapo who is equally average.
at least they are both better than Mills & anything the local league produces. Good to see we are out scouting juniors to sign, well away from the area.

roboshark

Coach
We really haven't had any super juniors for a long while. For our area and history that is disappointing

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Ricky Stuart went to great lengths to rebuild the pathways for local players to the top grade.
I think the problem was not the pathways at all. The problem was with the lack of quality in the local product at all levels.
uncommitted players, hopeless coaches & self serving officials.

roboshark

Coach
Alsot I think that the desire of some of these kids to play for us hasn't been there for a number of years...probably not sice the late 90s or early 2000s. The dragons and even the dogs were much more attractive

webShark

Ricky Stuart went to great lengths to rebuild the pathways for local players to the top grade.
I think the problem was not the pathways at all. The problem was with the lack of quality in the local product at all levels.
uncommitted players, hopeless coaches & self serving officials.

Now an expert on junior coaches in the shire as well. FYI, Graham Wynn, Barry Russell and Greg Bird have been involved with junior coaching. You would know that of course. Maybe Toop
Or Tautai should be given a go. Couldn't be bothered blocking your posts but many will be soon. Never mind Redback. Perhaps you should get involved in scouting.

Uncommitted players. I have just watched 7 Toyota Cup players run around in A Grade and they were committed. Not been a fan of Lokeni Purcell but he played with great commitment. Rodney Coates got a first run after recovering from glandular fever. The juniors mix freely with the Top 25 and I don't see a lot wrong with that. Stuart had the right idea. You would be the first if we missed a gun local. We won't.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Now an expert on junior coaches in the shire as well. FYI, Graham Wynn, Barry Russell and Greg Bird have been involved with junior coaching. You would know that of course.
& who have they produced? Nobody. is it coaching quality not getting the best of good players or are the juniors in the area just shyte, becuase the standard is so poor?

Couldn't be bothered blocking your posts but many will be soon. Never mind Redback. Perhaps you should get involved in scouting.
I think you are SSB68's brother. But you use full stops.

Uncommitted players. I have just watched 7 Toyota Cup players run around in A Grade and they were committed.
Wow. 20 years old & playing A grade!!

You would be the first if we missed a gun local. We won't.
I agree. We wont miss a gun local ever. They are a unicorn.

Man didn't you get worked up!! I thought you would jump on my band wagon with the way you throw around "average" "hopeless" "worse than average" descriptions about current Sharks players. Seeing that these current Sharks players are actually playing first grade & in all likelihood there will never be another genuine local junior to make it to first grade, what does that say about the local quality? Im seeing if there is balance in your descriptions.

GreatWhiteShark

Juniors
On the topic of juniors, Sitaleki Timani was just named in the Wallabies squad.
The big bopper played for us in the juniors, didn't he? Think he's since changed his first name to Sitaleki from "Star"... if I'm correct.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
On the topic of juniors, Sitaleki Timani was just named in the Wallabies squad.
The big bopper played for us in the juniors, didn't he? Think he's since changed his first name to Sitaleki from "Star"... if I'm correct.

Was alwyas destined to be in the lineout. He is dead set 11 foot.

Latest posts