What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contracts

RUBIKS

Juniors
Is it OT to talk about players off contract or local juniors?

In any case, can someone explain this to me?
We are forced to import talent, usually through endeavour h.

I have never understood how kids going to a school within the Shire are not considered local juniors?

Is Tubbs a junior? Big things for that kid I reckon. Also Morko. Both have massive tickers, always having a go.

Off contract I dunno but I think:
Ike
Stapo
Williams
Callum
Peachey
Penani
Leutele
Best
Pomm
Morris
Taga?
Frizell - Gone
Wade - Staying

shaggs

Coach
Rubiks, the problem with endeavour has always been that kids who go there are usually always contracted prior to the starting at the school.
Not sure why this is, but I would say it is to do with the entrance requirwments. Must have achieved a certain level of representation etc.
There us kids from sharks saints tigers and vulldogs there. Throughout the age groups.

Kids also sign with clubs for a handful of money, just to be in the system.

carcharias

Immortal
I played fullback against Endeavour .

Got hammered...actually got knocked out cold.

Worst footy experience of my life.
The bombs just kept coming and they were huge...virtually no aussies at all.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Kids also sign with clubs for a handful of money, just to be in the system.
That leads to another problem. I think contracts should not be legal until players turn 17.
Then the players go into a draft & the draft system distributes a percentage to junior league systems.
its ridiculous that kids 11 years old are getting contract money to lock them in. They give up on studies etc etc. Same happens in Pro Surfing.

Well, there's no draft reefy.
Proved a restriction of trade in the courts wasn't it.

I reckon it would be a better way of doing things juniors wise. Seems to work in other sports.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I meant a rookie draft.
To play in the NRL you have to come through as a free agent but that means you cannot play school football & be contracted at the same time.
The problem is the Rich schools are so connected & would not go along with it.

Well that's how the college system works for the nfl and nba.

They aren't contracted by any team when at school.
They declare eligibility and then can be drafted on draft day.

School should be for school anyway in this country.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Exactly RCB. You should see some of the kids on the Gold Coast(so many strong Schools Aquinas, TSS, KEebra, PBC etc) The privates are prob better at keeping the kids normal but in the Pro surfing department, they just give theses kids a shytload Merch sign em up to free boards & gear & now they are sponsored. f**k School.

Latest posts