What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cooper cronk an offseason target for the dragons

Dragonsforever

Juniors
Sorry to say all you hard-core Gaz fans but I for one would take Cooper Cronk over Gaz in a heartbeat if given the choice. Fantastic news if true but like everything, time will tell I guess.....

petetheileet

First Grade
my very good source say J Smith is gone at the end of this year, he has one year left on his contract, however ESL are offering 100k more per year and we wont stand in his way...

Cronk would be awesome!!!

id be happy to see Hornby and Cooper move on if we won the comp this year!

dclayw

Juniors
I would hate to see Hornby and Cooper punted, couldn't get any more loyal players then those two. If we win a premiership this year I think they would probably both go of their own accord anyway. They are both still very good players and a premiership this year would make them even more markatable to ESL then they are now.

In a perfect world
Gaz will come back in 2010 for 50k plus 3rd party sponsorship of whatever up to 150 plus 5K per game
We'll win the premiership in 2010
Coops and Hornby would get the premiership ring they so richly deserve this year
Get offered fat contracts in the UK and make some dosh at the back end of their career
JMoz will come back in 2012 (we want him and he wants us)
I know this because I'm incredibly smart
Oh and I picked 0 from 5 on the weekend (Doh!)

You forgot the addition of Cooper Cronk. Now that would be a perfect world.

Slackboy72

Coach
I can't remember the last time we had a proper top-notch halfback.
Barrett played half when we had Mundine.
I remember Goldthorpe who was a halfback although not a top draw one.
There was Linnane. We shan't speak too much more of him, shall we.
Then before him there was Slippery.

Please uncle Wayne, can we have a halfback for christmas?

Cagey Mac

Bench
I would hate to see Hornby and Cooper punted, couldn't get any more loyal players then those two. If we win a premiership this year I think they would probably both go of their own accord anyway. They are both still very good players and a premiership this year would make them even more markatable to ESL then they are now.

You forgot the addition of Cooper Cronk. Now that would be a perfect world.

I told you that I wasn't too bright!

Dragon Dave

Bench
1. Boyd
2. B Moz
3. Gasnier
4. Stanley/Scott
5. Nightingale/FFL
6. Sowie
7. Cronk
8. Horse
9. Fein
10. Hunt
11. Creagh
12. Scott/Prior
13. Young

14. Prior
15. Nev
16. Merrin
17. Stanley/Greenfield/King etc

Not too shabby.

Goldthorpe

Bench
I remember Goldthorpe who was a halfback although not a top draw one.
No, but led us to the 1992, 1993 and 1996 Grand Finals!

We haven’t had very good long term Halfback’s since the 90’s with Ben Hornby being the most capped one although I have never really been a fan of Ben Hornby at HB. Since we have Darius Boyd at Fullback I can’t really see him playing anywhere else?

I truly believe that Cooper Cronk IS the best Halfback in the game, even in front of Johnathan Thurston, I love his game. If we can sign Super Dooper Cooper Cronk in 2011 the Dragons will be in better hands than they are this season [currently #1] and we will win Grand Finals with Cronk in the 7 jersey.

Gaba

First Grade
lol i still feel sorry for hornby ,people are always in such a hurry to ship him somewhere.

TheRev

First Grade
Yes Goldthorpe is the last good halfback we had, and there was an pommy guy, cant remember his name, Im pretty sure he played 7, he was an elusive runner.

Yes well Cronk would be an excellent option, far more useful than Gasnier (and probably the same price), but of all the people the Storm would let go, hes not the one to lose.. you can replace Slater or Inglis, but Smith/Cronk are critical. Unless Cronk wants to shed himself of the club and all the baggage.

J Smith is amazing in form, but its been nearly 2 years now, guess we will see later in 2010, Hornby is heart and soul, if you can keep him for cheap, put him in at hooker?

Goldthorpe

Bench
Ben Kusto
Ben Kusto played 9 games at HB for the Dragons, he only won twice in 1997 [once against South Queensland Crushers and they were ranked #12 out of 12 teams and once against South Sydney Rabbitohs by a field goal by Jamie Ainscough and they were ranked #11 out of 12 teams]. Haha

Latest posts