What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper wanting out!

Hanscholo

Bench
Who's Ya Daddy? said:
I heard a Bulldogs rumour. If he goes to the UK fair enough.

Id say his manager is in talks with numerous NRL sides and ESL as well. He is really the only class centre coming off contract this year and there are a lot of teams needing his services.

_Johnsy

Referee
Not piss him off now, but if he does not want to be at the club. Get rid of him, again we do not need players who do not want to be at our club.

pepe

Juniors
i'm always surprised that players would want out of st george,especially to head to belmore,it's like dropping jenifer hawkins for the fabulous moolah.

pepe

ozbash

Referee
Has he been with the Drags for 10 yrs ?

The NRL should have a waiver so the clubs can at least match any ESL offers.

Hope its just manager blab.

MightyRedVee

Juniors
i hope coops stays great player and a good bloke. If he was to go i doubt he would play in the nrl so its either us or superleague.

lol at the dogs wanting him have they taken enough of our players already patten,holdsworth,te maari,millard,leano and any others i have forgotten

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
My favourite player.

Would be devastated to see him leave.

Looks like his performance last night provided a nice and timely reminder to a few on here who were calling for his head only hours before!

Southernsaint

Staff member
He’s been one of Saints’ most consistent players through the shower-of-sh*t that has been the last 5 or so years.

If he wants a pay-day in England, he should take it and I wouldn’t begrudge him for it.

Lose the rat’s tail, though.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
it is a shame to see people here bagging coops...

he's been a 1 club man... which we are all aware is becoming less and less common these days..

he's re-signed with us in the past, rejecting larger offers...

and i'm sure the quotes in the paper came from his manager, not coops himself... and the manager would be more than happy to start these rumours to raise his price....

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Coops is a legend. Has given the Dragons plenty of good service and deserves to end his career at the dragons.

From memory the NRL have an exclusion of 100k for a player of 10yrs at the club. Coops would fit under that category for sure.

petetheileet

First Grade
does it have to be first grade? his debut was in 2000....along with a few others so i doubt Cooper would be the one who gets it when that time rolls around

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
I Dont Think He Will Be Leaving Now That Bennet Is Stepping In, we should get Two More Years Service At Saints from coops

Simo

First Grade
Cooper is now a good player, was a very good player. Good personality and good for the game in general.

Maybe his form has been down because Saints cant seem to find a regular halves paring to get the ball to him but he certainly doesnt go looking for it and can go through a game doing nothing.

Was sh*t in origin last year aswell I thought (attacking wise, defensively he is very good).

Would hope he can get some good runs on the board before he fades off to the UK as he has been great for RL.

Maybe since his rep jerseys are going (Aus definately gone and NSW maybe) and he will just play club footy he has decided its time for a change and the big money.

My wife will also be sad he is gone....

thommo4pm

Coach
I can't believe some people said they would like to see Coops gone.
The guy is all quality.
Everything he does has a touch of class....he needs to learn to pass a little better, but other then that he is pure class....on and off the field.
Always has time for the fans after the games, has taken photos with my kids, always says hello if you try and talk to him.
The guy is a champion.

I agree with all the others who don't want to see him go.
He has some years left in him yet, we need to keep him.

Changa

Juniors
As good as a player Coops is, if him staying means we stand to loose either Stanley, Whare or another talented junior, then I think he should take the packet in ESL. Keeping in mind that post 99' Darren Tracey was still in good form despite his age and the club made a decision to retain him for that 1 or 2 more years instead of opting to resign a young Craig Fitzgibbon. Just hope the club has learnt from this mistake if this sort of situation comes around again.

Latest posts