What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman??

Bench
Just because a player is on big bucks shouldn’t mean that he can’t be dropped, it’s obvious super coach’s game plan has not been working for years now, we need an injection of some youth, Clune for example
I believe a new coach would improve our team very quickly.

CronullaSaint

Juniors
Don't worry about the players. Does not matter until we have a decent coach.
Our team has been flogging Plan A & if that didn't work it was the player fault so they would train hard to make Plan A work next week & if that didn't work our coach would want a team that would make Plan A work & if that didn't work we would still go to Plan A & if that didn't work it was the player fault.

Phantom V

Juniors
He will never be an elite player, not even under Bellamy. He has no fire about him, a lot of skills but ive never once seen him really try to take the bull by the horns and demand the ball.
Agree with you FCD. What a mess. Bellamy wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole and this is what differentiates the successful coaches from the rest of the pack. They look at personality and attitude of a player above all else when recruiting, something we have failed to do IMHO. In saying that, the problem runs rather deep I’m afraid as Norman is only one player. The team as a whole is not performing and I’m more convinced than ever that Mcegghead has lost the dressing shed.

blue bags

First Grade
Replying to @LeagueUnlimited @feldt092

#NRL MATCH REVIEW
2696.png
@Normz35
1f432.png
SGI
G1 Tripping
72' on M Hiroti (CRO)
Base $750
1 x non-similar prior last 2yrs (20% loading)

Guilty / no contest = $900
Guilty - early plea = $700#NRLDragonsSharks

RedVDave

First Grade
Way to much for Corey Norman on here, his kicking game was sublime yesterday I thought he worked well with Clune and stepped up at times.

Was he poor the first 4 rounds prior? Yes. But aside from McInnes who wasn't?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Futhermore
Half Burton at Penrith came in for injured Cleary. He can run, bomb and tackle better than norman. Get this guy.
His drop kicks missed but is only young. Big future.
Even though he missed he banged them with conviction and they weren’t far off. I don’t think Hunt has even attempted that many shots in his career. You gotta be in it to win it as they say.

getsmarty

Immortal
normanc-200730_gt_08.jpg

DRAGONS

Norman fears Dragons form may cost him his Maroons spot
Author
Brad Walter NRL.com Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Thu 17 Sep 2020, 07:00 PM
walterbrad-head.png

Queensland playmaker Corey Norman fears his form for St George Illawarra may cost him his place in the Maroons squad for the State of Origin series and is aiming to impress incoming Dragons coach Anthony Griffin.

Norman was Queensland five-eighth in the third match of last year’s series at ANZ Stadium after being 18th man in Origin II in Perth but he faces competition from Gold Coast utility AJ Brimson and Cowboys captain Michael Morgan for a spot in the squad.

Manly captain Daly Cherry-Evans and Melbourne five-eighth Cameron Munster, who played fullback in last year’s series decider, are almost certain to be the Queensland halves but the Maroons and NSW will both select 27-man squads for the historic end-of-season Origin campaign.

With Wests Tigers rookie Harry Grant, Parramatta’s Reed Mahoney and Roosters veteran Jake Friend vying for the hooking role, Norman's teammate Ben Hunt may revert to the bench utility role – although he won Queensland’s player of the series from dummy half last year.

Hunt, Morgan and the in-form Brimson can all cover for Cherry-Evans and Munster in the halves, while the return of Valentine Holmes provides another fullback option if Kalyn Ponga is unavailable again.

normanc-1gp_7508.jpg

Corey Norman on debut for the Maroons in 2019. :copyright:Gregg Porteous/NRL Photos
“That is not on my mind,” Norman said when asked about his Origin prospects. “I probably haven’t played enough good football to be there so I am just worried about here [the Dragons]. I’d never say no but we will see what happens.”

St George Illawarra team-mate Zac Lomax has also been mentioned for Blues selection but the 20-year-old also played down his prospects with the Dragons season set to finish in two weeks after failing to make the play-offs.

NSW coach Brad Fittler is a fan of Lomax and has confirmed that the young gun is under consideration for a place in the extended squad but he insisted his focus is on sending interim coach Dean Young out as a winner.

"The Blues team is really good at the moment, you look at the players they have in their squad, they've won two series back to back and that's no fluke,” Lomax said.

"There's some absolute classy players in that team and everyone that's in that squad deserves to be there.

"That'll take care of itself and whatever will be, will be. I'm just worried about being the best teammate I can for the Dragons and just competing play-to-play. We've still got two games to go so that's my focus."

Fittler and Queensland coach Kevin Walters will begin naming players in train-on squads once their club commitments finish but there are fears some may not want to enter another bubble for Origin if they are unlikely to play.

However, Lomax said he would not hesitate if selected in the NSW squad.

“We have done it since we came back so a few more week isn’t going to be a drama,” Lomax said.

“You want to be able to see your parents, my parents and most of my family is back in Temora, which is a few hours away, so once the bubble is over here at the Dragons obviously I will go home and see my family.

“That will be exciting to be able to get back and see them, but the main focus is to finish these two games on a positive,”

Meanwhile, Dragons forward Jackson Ford said he was keen to play as an edge backrower next season after the departure of Australian and NSW second-rower Tyson Frizell to Newcastle.

Ford has played most of this season at lock but his preference is to play on an edge.

“With Friz leaving next year there is a bit of an opening there so I have just got to rip into the pre-season training and keep putting my foot forward, and hopefully I can develop a spot in the backrow,” Ford said.

“I prefer back row but I’ll play wherever is best for the team and I guess seeing as we have two of the best backrowers in NSW at the moment [Frizell and Tariq Sims] I have just got to keep learning and getting better each week.”

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/17/norman-fears-dragons-form-may-cost-him-his-maroons-spot/

getsmarty

Immortal
Norman aims to raise game before Griffin reunion at Dragons
Adrian Proszenko
September 17, 2020 — 6.42pm
Leave a comment

NRL ScoreboardNRLFull fixtures
Corey Norman says he is "happy" with St George Illawarra's appointment of coach Anthony Griffin, but will need to lift his form to prevent history repeating.

The Dragons have unsuccessfully attempted to offload Norman, who is off-contract at the end of next year, as he struggles to live up to his pay cheque. The maligned playmaker has been named to partner Adam Clune in the halves for Sunday’s clash with Newcastle, but it remains to be seen how Griffin will use him in 2021.

a8813dd8d2c446915009cc4004872ecfffd866f1

Corey Norman needs to lift his form ahead of Anthony Griffin's arrival.Credit:ninevms

The pair worked together at Brisbane with mixed results. Norman ended the 2013 season in Queensland Cup after committing to Parramatta the following season. Norman and Ben Hunt played together in the halves for much of their stint together at the Broncos, but there are no guarantees under Griffin next season.

“We want to finish strong as a team and individually,” Norman said.

“We’ve got a new coach coming in next year and I definitely want to put a couple of good games together. I’ll leave it up to Hook [Griffin].”

Asked if he wanted to reprise the Broncos partnership with Hunt under Griffin, Norman said: “You would have to ask Hook about that. We’re just going to finish strong, get into preseason and see what he comes up with.”

Griffin will replace long-serving Dragons mentor Paul McGregor. Caretaker coach Dean Young will leave the club after missing out on the top job. Norman backed Griffin’s appointment.

NRL 2020
Griffin believes he can get Hunt, Norman firing again at Dragons
“I think it’s good,” he said. “The club needed a fresh face to come in as coach, someone from the outside, and they got Hook.

“I’ve had Hook before and he will certainly do the job. I’m happy.”

Speaking to the Herald last week, Griffin said he was hopeful Norman could return to his best.

“I'm looking forward to working with him,” Griffin said. “I'm not sure what's happened, I haven't been in there, but Corey is a really classy player.

"He's got a great kicking game and is coming into a real sweet spot in terms of experience, he's 29 years old. He's got a good few years in front of him. Most playmakers at that stage of their career get towards their best. We'll see what happens.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/no...iffin-reunion-at-dragons-20200917-p55wqt.html