What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

Mjab

Juniors
Norman is having a slightly better year than recent years I admit but
We need to have a clean out and move on from a bad period due to peanut and some others like Norman

I’d rather play a young kid like Sullivan or Amone there and I hope if at some stage the finals are lost we truly do play some of these kids it their right spots for experience Nd see what they can deliver

Clune has shortcomings in defence but at least he seems to be trying all the time like Hunt . I would rather see what those 2 or juniors do in the halves than continue with Norman.

I just want Norman gone , he plays like he doesn’t care and his taking the piss and a pocket load cash he never deserved

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Every year rightly or wrongly there seems to be LU scapegoat that cops all the hate and brunt regardless in years gone by it's been Matt Prior, Jason Ryles, Euan Aitken, Trent Barrett, Mitch Rein. Whilst others have stated "we won't ever win a premiership with Dean Young at hooker" or "Ben Hornby is not a halfback"

After watching my beloved dragons be woeful under 2 peanuts for a decade I'm willing to persist with an experienced and proven coach not everything in life is a quick fix.
I'm not unleashing on Griffin because he inherited a mess and we are low on troops.

Fair reasons, let's hope they don't turn into excuses.

denis preston

First Grade
I’m sorry but there are some quite ridiculous comments being made about our juniors. Ponga is a seasoned first grader now. As is Dufty. The other players mentioned are all just early on and it’s too soon to tell with Walker, Walsh et al. To me Walker looked like a major liability against the Broncos. A couple of teams have already shown he’s probably in there too early.

It’s all well and good when your team is stacked with rep players and putting the cleaners through teams. It’s another thing bringing in juniors up alongside a patched up squad. So ‘killing it’ is rather subjective. Even Ponga isn’t in the best five fullbacks in the comp at this point with three seasons under his belt.

It’s the right call to let Dufty go. Ramsey, Max and Mat, Amone and Sullivan have all shown they can handle first grade within a handful of appearances. Let’s see how they are going after the 25-50 game mark in full strength teams.

We will miss Dufty’s running and pace but once Ramsey finds his feet, in his proper position, we have a player with far more upside, who goes at the ball, contests bombs and can cope with the rough stuff. His pace and running game are well documented.

Even now, Max and Mat are better prospects than Pereira et al. There’s more than a good chance Amone will unseat Norman by year’s end. The guy’s played three or four games out of position. Max is yet to regularly line up in the centres.

it’s a bit much expecting these guys to dominate the second they walk into first grade. We just have to be thankful that with Griffin we have an experienced hand at developing juniors. We’ve already seen a generation of juniors cruelled by a rookie coaching crew, and I include Dufty in that bracket.

If we really look at all our young players , because of the cancelation of reserve grade last year, it's scary how few games they have played against MEN. The fact that some have already acquitted themselves well shows their potential.

Iron Mike

Juniors
Norman is having a slightly better year than recent years I admit but
We need to have a clean out and move on from a bad period due to peanut and some others like Norman

I’d rather play a young kid like Sullivan or Amone there and I hope if at some stage the finals are lost we truly do play some of these kids it their right spots for experience Nd see what they can deliver

Clune has shortcomings in defence but at least he seems to be trying all the time like Hunt . I would rather see what those 2 or juniors do in the halves than continue with Norman.

I just want Norman gone , he plays like he doesn’t care and his taking the piss and a pocket load cash he never deserved
After watching Sullivan in NSW cup yesterday , I walked away very impressed. He set up two of the three tries we scored and looked very sharp in general. At one stage early in the second half he caught the ball from the kick off and ran it back straight and hard into the middle of the Wests Forwards , copped a high shot yet got back on his feet and played on . Really hope Hook plays him at 6 in first grade from here on .

thebigredv

First Grade
After watching Sullivan in NSW cup yesterday , I walked away very impressed. He set up two of the three tries we scored and looked very sharp in general. At one stage early in the second half he caught the ball from the kick off and ran it back straight and hard into the middle of the Wests Forwards , copped a high shot yet got back on his feet and played on . Really hope Hook plays him at 6 in first grade from here on .
Thanks Iron Mike

Reading that has given me the most excitement this round of footy.
Itching to see him next to Ben Hunt soon. Norman on orange duty.

denis preston

First Grade
Where were you when we were pleading for a match report yesterday !!

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Why Norman is playing first grade still is unbelievable he is not a f**king first grade player it’s ridiculous and it can’t continue. Well that’s my take on it

Towards the end of the Tigers game, Norman was "defending", (at least that's what he calls it) on the Dragons left wing and the Tigers attack went to their right and left him grasping at thin air as Noafoluma scored in the corner. The expression on his face was priceless. Something along the lines of "how did they do that" as he went into the teapot pose.

redv13

Bench
Towards the end of the Tigers game, Norman was "defending", (at least that's what he calls it) on the Dragons left wing and the Tigers attack went to their right and left him grasping at thin air as Noafoluma scored in the corner. The expression on his face was priceless. Something along the lines of "how did they do that" as he went into the teapot pose.
Yep I noticed that and immediately I said “ this flop can get f**ked right now”.
Hopefully with Rava and Max Feagai back this week plus hopefully Sullivan and more than likely Lomax next week Norman can really get the f**k out of here

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yep I noticed that and immediately I said “ this flop can get f**ked right now”.
Hopefully with Rava and Max Feagai back this week plus hopefully Sullivan and more than likely Lomax next week Norman can really get the f**k out of here
That is sort of why I don't mind if Hunt gets picked for origin. I almost would take a loss to give Sullivan a run which hopefully ends up an extended one outside Hunt. I want no chance of him being re-signed, we need him off our books if we are to progress further as a club.

SAP58

Juniors
I totally agree with all the comments that Norman must go however I have a really bad feeling we will offer him a greatly reduced contract and he will get no other offers and take it. I REALLY hope I am wrong and Bud it put in his place over the next couple of weeks and stays there for the rest of the year. If he did play well on the weekend that’s a bonus with Hook there to watch him and JDB.

thebigredv

First Grade
I totally agree with all the comments that Norman must go however I have a really bad feeling we will offer him a greatly reduced contract and he will get no other offers and take it. I REALLY hope I am wrong and Bud it put in his place over the next couple of weeks and stays there for the rest of the year. If he did play well on the weekend that’s a bonus with Hook there to watch him and JDB.

I really hope you are wrong but it almost feels that way. I think the Norman issue is bigger than him underperforming for his price tag. Him being retained, regardless of price, would be very symbolic of what this club stands for and what we are willing to tolerate as we look to become a club that gets back to challenging for glory.

For this to happen he can't be part of the team long or short term for the reasons already harped on in this thread - no body committment, nonchalant attitude, dumb selfish plays, poor service, cartwheeling out of tackles...

One more reason I'm happy to let him go is that we have Sullivan. We don't have a ready made replacement for fullback and we need a decent forward or two to join us asap. We can cover for Norman's lack of impact over the last few years.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I
If JDB can get back to peak form he will have a Radley like effect on our halves. He is a great ball player, hopefully Sullivan can benefit.

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
Corey Norman would be great for a club like... the Sheffield Eagles. A lower tier English club who might like to reach the quarter finals of the Challenge Cup or something, and would call that a successful year

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
Norman has been solid this year but hasn’t done enough to earn a new contract. Certainly not on the coin he’s on. He is unfairly maligned at times but you have to be honest and the fact is for all the talent the fella has, he’s a rocks and diamonds player. Sometimes he looks rep quality and at other times a park footballer. Often in the same half of football. Save the salary and go with the home grown kids. Amone and Sullivan should be ready to step up and Clune is an experienced backup.
I just don't see how you can say he's been solid a big liability in defence a couple of try assists when game was over he's just got no balls for first grade.

SEAT 1A

Bench
The sad thing about Norman is that he's off contract, seems no other team is after him and I haven't seen any energy or trying to get more involved.

Merrin said the game has moved on and other things were more important which is fair however, I saw more from Merrin.

The calm one

Juniors
Owen disagrees remember what he said about Corey and Mat many moons ago. Stay calm