What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

He kicked well-but he let in 2 tries-should get a job as a turnstile. He was standing still both times.Yet people complain about Duftys defence. Norman is useless!! So glad to see him replaced tonight-finally

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
He came off injured...and one of our better players tonight.

He's playing for his future- if he couldn't play well with that motivation, when would he play well?
The problem is that the week in, week out Norman performance is below NRL average- in attack, apart from his short kicking game, he offers very little- no pace or evasive skills-just shovelling the ball out most times- in effect playing Rugby. In defence, my most recent memory of him is him on our left wing against the Tigers and the ridiculous "how did they do that " look on his face when a pass was thrown across him to Noafoluma who scored in the corner.
Time to replace him with Dufty or Sullivan imo.

Gareth67

First Grade
He's playing for his future- if he couldn't play well with that motivation, when would he play well?
The problem is that the week in, week out Norman performance is below NRL average- in attack, apart from his short kicking game, he offers very little- no pace or evasive skills-just shovelling the ball out most times- in effect playing Rugby. In defence, my most recent memory of him is him on our left wing against the Tigers and the ridiculous "how did they do that " look on his face when a pass was thrown across him to Noafoluma who scored in the corner.

Yes redandwhite4evr , I did see the look on his face in that play of the game . Although he played a far better game against the broncs and unbelievable kicked 7 from 8 it was a one off and I fear that he will return to his bad old habits .

The man has had more their enough opportunities to cement his place in the team since arriving from the eels , but hasn’t done enough imo .

Thursday’s night game may had been a ‘flash in the pan’ and nothing more , however if he expects his contract to be extended then he needs to play that way on a weekly basis - not once every 3 years .

getsmarty

Immortal

Agree...I was just pointing out he was in our top 3 players on Thursday night.

As to the question " would I keep him ?" No...dependent on what happens with Clune and whether Norman would except a Low Ball offer for 1 year as cover....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He kicked well-but he let in 2 tries-should get a job as a turnstile. He was standing still both times.Yet people complain about Duftys defence. Norman is useless!! So glad to see him replaced tonight-finally
Norman didn't let in any tries. There was one where it was two-on-one because Bird fell for a decoy, creating an overlap for the Broncos and leaving our outside defenders exposed.

Don't know where he let in a second try. I don't think either happened.

Plus he was replaced because he was injured.

Norman has been disapointing and I think we can do better, but he had a good game on Thursday night and he deserves some credit. I prefer to reserve my criticism for those games where the stuff ups are real.

Como Connection

First Grade
Norman didn't let in any tries. There was one where it was two-on-one because Bird fell for a decoy, creating an overlap for the Broncos and leaving our outside defenders exposed.

Norman has been disapointing and I think we can do better, but he had a good game on Thursday night and he deserves some credit. I prefer to reserve my criticism for those games where the stuff ups are real.
Very good game Normy, got my 2 in the voting.
CC

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
If we really look at all our young players , because of the cancelation of reserve grade last year, it's scary how few games they have played against MEN. The fact that some have already acquitted themselves well shows their potential.
It also highlights the fact that Mary gave very little 1st grade opportunities to some of our fringe players when he could have......on most occassions when they did get a chance they were sitting on the bench pulling splinters out of their arses till the game was almost over

mightydragon

Juniors

Robati ran straight through Norman for his first try and Norman just stood there and watched him back up for his second try. He played better than usual but he is pedestrian in attack and barely offers much

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Agree...I was just pointing out he was in our top 3 players on Thursday night.

As to the question " would I keep him ?" No...dependent on what happens with Clune and whether Norman would except a Low Ball offer for 1 year as cover....

I admit that I go a bit stir crazy whenever Norman does anything that is likely to get him another gig with the club. The guy is lazy but blessed with gambler's luck- won over $20K on the poker machines only recently.
I can only hope that Hook isn't swayed unduly by one good game and that my theory that he may be being used in a Hook strategy to low ball Dufty is correct.

Latest posts