What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Oates

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
So by your logic, if he’s gone from Brisbane, and we offer the biggest cheque and have the highest chance of winning a premiership with our roster, he won’t come here because he’s been here before.

I would say i’d be puzzled by your logic, but then I remember you’re the guy who thinks smartphones are mechanical and doesn’t believe in the number zero..

Coming from the self confessed “Village Idiot”, that’s kinda cute.

Elsewhere, your first paragraph is predicated by supposition, and your second only reaffirms that I was right thrice times over.

Thanks for the reminder.

dannyt

Coach
Coming from the self confessed “Village Idiot”, that’s kinda cute.

Elsewhere, your first paragraph is predicated by supposition, and your second only reaffirms that I was right thrice times over.

Thanks for the reminder.
F@#$ing how does that make any sense?

ouryears

Bench
Why are people still speculating Bennett will return?

Sheesh.
I did want him back but seeing us dismantle his team by nearly 50 I have changed my mind.
Especially after listening to his bullshit excuses post match.
Can we find our own Seibold clone?!!

dannyt

Coach
English isn’t your first language?
What you say is understandable, but how you wrote it makes no sense.

One of the first rules of communication is to keep it simple. This means you don't use the biggest words you can find or use a word that was in vogue in the 18th century.

Otherwise, you just look like a pretentious wanker.

Never mind.

aquiin

Juniors
Souths mates recons he's a done deal at the Rabbits next year to play in the 2nd row.

That was the tip a long time ago but it went quiet. There are certainly down a backrower, even if they were to shift Murray to start or Burgess out wide. Sutton may only have a season left.

They did a good bit of business signing Corey Allan earlier in the year. I thought we may have been onto that one, if he wanted to play fullback.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
What you say is understandable, but how you wrote it makes no sense.

One of the first rules of communication is to keep it simple. This means you don't use the biggest words you can find or use a word that was in vogue in the 18th century.

Otherwise, you just look like a pretentious wanker.

Never mind.

Lemme guess....it was either supposition or predicated, right?

They’re not terribly big or uncommon words.

Buy a dictionary or simply read more.

Oh, my original post wasn’t directed to you anyway.

Thanks for your valuable input.

dannyt

Coach
Lemme guess....it was either supposition or predicated, right?

They’re not terribly big or uncommon words.

Buy a dictionary or simply read more.

Oh, my original post wasn’t directed to you anyway.

Thanks for your valuable input.
Happy to share my valuable input, so here goes.

You wouldn't buy a dictionary to expand your vocabulary. This only helps in telling you what the words mean.

You would buy a thesaurus to expand your vocabulary.

So how do you justify using the word "thrice"?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Happy to share my valuable input, so here goes.

You wouldn't buy a dictionary to expand your vocabulary. This only helps in telling you what the words mean.

You would buy a thesaurus to expand your vocabulary.

So how do you justify using the word "thrice"?

So, you’re criticising simply because I have an expanded vocabulary? Should I apologise too? Didn’t you say something about being a pretentious wanker?

No justification needed for thrice. It’s simply a synonym for “three”.

You’ve also conveniently ignored the fact my original post wasn’t directed to you.

Never mind:

dannyt

Coach
So, you’re criticising simply because I have an expanded vocabulary? Should I apologise too? Didn’t you say something about being a pretentious wanker?

No justification needed for thrice. It’s simply a synonym for “three”.
Nah- just messing with you. It's been fun.

I read your original post at about 2 am last night. Let's just say that my ability to logically interpret the written language was somewhat skewed after consuming copious amounts of beer and other beverages.

Your post did make a lot more sense this morning, and I realise you didn't direct at me.

However, the potential banter was too good an opportunity not take advantage on a cold Sunday morning after the disappointment of last night.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Nah- just messing with you. It's been fun.

I read your original post at about 2 am last night. Let's just say that my ability to logically interpret the written language was somewhat skewed after consuming copious amounts of beer and other beverages.

Your post did make a lot more sense this morning, and I realise you didn't direct at me.

However, the potential banter was too good an opportunity not take advantage on a cold Sunday morning after the disappointment of last night.

The ol’ “Oh, I was pissed as a newt and shouldn’t have been on ine Internet” furphy.

I learnt this one as a younger man in the mid 90s. I’m now 46.