1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

INCLUDES team lists, match previews, match reports, key stats and news from around the National Rugby League - 36 pages and packed full.

EDITION 2 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Corona Virus and NRL Games

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by mickeylane, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Gareth67

Gareth67 Bench

With respect Jimmy , to carry on as normal as one possibly can under the present circumstances , will become increasingly harder as each week passes due to , as you have pointed out the panic associated with this disease.

By the same token this C-Virus is indeed claiming many lives worldwide and it will be only a matter of time before Australia’s death rate increases , only a matter of time . Our hospitals simply will not be able to cope once the virus establishes itself in this country , the medical profession has quite recently stated that they have only “ just enough “ supplies to combat the illness as it is now . Lord help us when those supplies have been exhausted .

Carry on as normal by all means , but look very carefully at the road ahead , as the signs are already beginning to appear .

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    ALSGI, to_ddeath, R&WTILLIDIE and 2 others like this.
  2. ViceVersa

ViceVersa Juniors

RedVDave likes this.
  3. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

A friend of mine on FB has posted a Corona virus data pack, which outlines the disease comparatively to other “world ending” problems such as SARS, Ebola etc. if I can find a link to it, I’ll endeavour to post it here.

In a nutshell:

81% of symptoms are MILD, under 5% are critical.

Of total worldwide confirmed cases (since 9/3), 40% are currently ill, of that figure around 57% are recovering. About 3.5% have died.

Both chickenpox and measles (in terms of a mortality rate) leave COVID-19 for dead....excuse the pun

Now, here’s the real problem: in terms of the media, Corona virus has had twice as many mentions as SARS, and three times with HIV.

Postscript: I found the link. Let’s hope BrutaiTops reads it for his edification.

https://informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/covid-19-coronavirus-infographic-datapack/

Gareth67 likes this.
  4. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

Please refer to my reply to Gareth67.

In the interim, here’s a song for ya. Torn apart? If you say so.

5. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

I’d say, MASS HYSTERIA for a condition that is in no way as serious as both chickenpox and measles combined.

Sometimes, caps are a good tool to express EXASPERATION (especially when responding to non thinking folk).

6. R&WTILLIDIE

R&WTILLIDIE Bench

you’re talking about non thinking folk?

VERY INTERESTING!

7. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

I’d say say too. Have you taken a squiz at the Corona virus data link provided!

8. R&WTILLIDIE

R&WTILLIDIE Bench

Yep. Also did my own research which lines up with what Brutalitops wrote. Did you read Brutalitops post? My guess is no you didn’t, and you won’t.

cussy likes this.
  9. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

Good guess, but no, I read his “there’s no point responding to you” essay rather dispassionately.

10. R&WTILLIDIE

R&WTILLIDIE Bench

k mate. All good. No point in arguing. Enjoy the game today.

11. Gareth67

Gareth67 Bench

A8700037-2862-4789-A0D9-FC46418E8271.jpeg
    The Spanish Influenza we had people wearing face mask protection , this will become the norm here in the not too distant future .

12. jeffdragon

jeffdragon Juniors

Round 2 to go ahead with no fans.
    NZ will be based at the gold coast

13. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Bench

I’m tipping after round 2 that the NRL season will be suspended until further notice. The Warriors scenario and their families will be a huge obstacle and the risk factor to players will only escalate.

14. mickeylane

mickeylane Bench

The NRL back pedalling big time in this media Conference - I must admit Vlandys showing his weakness that the media runs the game and to the detriment of human health.. the inevitable is looking it’s either rd3,4,5 the comp will cease.. putting off the obvious here..

Coffs dragon likes this.
  15. mickeylane

mickeylane Bench

100%

16. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

I'm thinking more that its less time we would have to see/hear from Mc85

Coffs dragon likes this.
  17. R&WTILLIDIE

R&WTILLIDIE Bench

If the Warriors don’t turn up to play, will there be any difference if they do?

TruSaint and Coffs dragon like this.
  18. Willow

Willow Administrator

On second reading...
    I don't recall any mass hysteria during those events.

Quite clearly you and your friends on facebook are very worried about this mass hysteria to the point that you see it as a greater threat than all those diseases.

You preppers should stock up on supplies and bunker down until the mass hysteria passes, assuming you already haven't done so.

19. R&WTILLIDIE

R&WTILLIDIE Bench

he’s not a preppier mate, he’s quite the opposite. His mentality is, she’ll be right mate. 3 percent of the population dying is ok. Hospitals over capacity isn’t an issue either. As long as he’s only got a fever and a cough, he’ll be ok. Screw everyone else.

20. Slippery Morris

Slippery Morris First Grade

It is amazing the impact this is having to the world. From memory when SARS, HIV, etc came out it was a much scarier disease and we came out ok without banning every event and stocking up in toilet paper. Once you caught those you were less likely to survive. This disease has a much higher survival rate. Are they saying more people were more cautious then and knew to stay indoors if there was a hint of contamination where as we no longer trust people that if they are ill they will go out and spread their germs to contaminate everyone? If anything these measure will make us feel more that there is more to this virus than we know hence the extreme measures taken which is scary. From all I know is if you get it and you are not elderly, a baby or have another medical condition prior to contracting this, you will be fine and it is like a common flu. But they are making it worse than HIV, SARS etc

Saint_JimmyG likes this.