1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Coronavirus and NRL

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Knight76, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Haynetrain

Haynetrain Referee

He thought bald people were immune to Covid 19

2. Danish

Danish Referee

Bennett getting busted after hanging shit on the warriors and telling players to deal with it or leave the comp is just delicious

jargan83, Haynetrain and Someguy like this.
  3. aqua_duck

aqua_duck Coach

Wayne Bennett quote from a few weeks ago:

"You’ve just got to remember, it is what it is and you can have all the bad moments and all the down thoughts you want to have, but the bottom line is that it’s not going to change, so you just have to adapt to it and get on with it,”

“We’ve got a lot of biosecurity rules around us and I’m happy with that.

“If we don’t want that choice, we can just retire from football and go and do something else.”

Guess it's time for him to retire and do something else the senile hypocrite

4. ACTPanthers

ACTPanthers Bench

But but he was confused...

Old merkin obviously has some kind of dementia, so you're right, it's time he hung up the clipboard and f**ked off.

5. aqua_duck

aqua_duck Coach

At his press conference he said he was confident he knew the rules and so he should given he's part of the project Apollo panel yet he also admits he didn't know the rules and hence the reason for the breach. Typical Wayne acting holier than thou, he's so petulant like a child who can't just admit they did something wrong but has to add 15 disclaimers on to it

jargan83 and ACTPanthers like this.
  6. ACTPanthers

ACTPanthers Bench

100%

I get it with my kids - "Yeah I know it was wrong, but I only did it because this, this and this... so it's not my fault"

7. Captain Apollo

Captain Apollo First Grade

8. Captain Apollo

9. sup42

sup42 Juniors

Wayne will be at home with his feet up and his hands behind his head watching Clint Eastwood re runs and ordering Bat soup take out.

jargan83 likes this.
  10. Vee

Vee Bench

Unlikely he would have scored a try?

Another masterpiece from the bunker clowns.

11. Game_Breaker

Game_Breaker First Grade

Diesel and siv like this.
  12. Fangs

Fangs Bench

Langer? Bennett?

Why are we allowing QLDers ruin our great game? Perhaps we need a blanket ban on all QLD players and staff. Relocation also an option.

13. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

^^^

Brisbane Broncos Club Statement
    Author broncos.com.au

Fri 7 Aug 2020, 02:18 PM
    Three Broncos staff members will undergo COVID-19 testing after attending a private function in Brisbane.

The Club became aware of the matter today involving football staff Allan Langer, Ryan Whitley and Blake Duncan, and contacted the NRL immediately.

As a precaution, those staff have been placed on “COVID Holds”, and will undergo testing before returning to the Project Apollo bubble.

To adhere to best practice, the staff members won’t travel for tonight’s game in Sydney against the Rabbitohs.

14. Captain Apollo

Following is from the NRL's website -

15. Saxon

Saxon Juniors

Not nearly harsh enough on Bennett.
    Self centred old cockwomble knows the rules - hell, he helped make them - and chose to ignore them on multiple (he admits) occasions. Addo Carr and Latrell got fined 50K each - Bennett should be fined at least twice that much. AND suspended for the rest of the year.
    Arrogant old f**kwit.

16. King hit

King hit Coach

Do people even listen to anything Bennett says these days? He just comes up with some very bizarre stuff

17. Frederick

Frederick Moderator Staff Member

Senility will do that to people

He should be in a home, getting the best possible care. I hear St Basil's in North Melbourne is pretty good

aqua_duck likes this.
  18. aqua_duck

aqua_duck Coach

Only if he can bring his partner who's young enough to be his daughter.

19. aqua_duck

aqua_duck Coach

Billy Moore certainly didn’t miss him

Former Queensland star Billy Moore wasn’t copping Bennett’s excuses.

“How is that possible? How can the most experienced coach in the competition not be aware of it?” Moore told Mark and Caroline on 92.7 Mix FM.

“Wayne Bennett went on the attack saying, ‘I’m the victim here. The rules have changed, I didn’t know the rules had changed’.

“I coudn’t believe the arrogance that came through from Wayne Bennett ... almost like, ‘The rules don’t apply to me”

“We saw the real character of Wayne Bennett, which is disappointing.

“What we saw, when attacked for doing something wrong, we saw the dark side of Wayne and I thought it was very poor.”

glad more and more people are finally calling out Bennett for what he is and that is a self righteous hypocrite of the highest order who’s been allowed to get away with being that way because he’s been fortunate enough over his career to be blessed with having good players in his teams

20. unforgiven

unforgiven Bench

Sterlo gave it to him on triple m as well calling his behaviour petulant and childish.