What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

beave

Coach
I agree in principle to NZ hosting BUT if the Warriors can’t play at home and teams travel over there, how the hell can an Origin be held there? And if the borders shut and they get stuck in NZ for a few weeks, NRL clubs would be ropable (rightfully so).

Townsville origin was the easy option due to the early commitment by the QLD gov for the cash they stumped up. The NRL was looking at a huge loss handing back $$$ for the Melbourne tickets so this coin was a huge sweetener.

I am 100% in the camp that 2 games in QLD in a row is highly unfair, if it was the other way around you wouldn’t hear the end of it from us QLD fans. IMO blues fans need to blame their state gov for not going in hard early with a similar offer, Newy would have been a good choice as well.

I’ve also heard a few around work today here in brissy whinging that the $8mil or whatever it was, was a waste of money and shouldn’t have been spent. Considering stadiums are state gov responsibilities and the QLD gov were $100 mil short on the funding of that stadium and we had to rely on the feds to make up said $100mil short fall, we’ll call this even eh?

Last edited:

azza29

Juniors
Email from Ticketek received, MCG Origin has been cancelled, stand by for a refund.

Townsville will be a great alternative.
And another email from the NRL letting me know the Townsville presale is about to start… :rolling_eyes:

National tRoll League

moffla

Bench
And another email from the NRL letting me know the Townsville presale is about to start… :rolling_eyes:

National tRoll League
Remember getting emails from them last year about NRL grad final tickets. Targeted EDM fail!
Hoping to get to game 3 if it's a live series. Fingers crossed we can cross the border by that stage.

Remember getting emails from them last year about NRL grad final tickets. Targeted EDM fail!
Hoping to get to game 3 if it's a live series. Fingers crossed we can cross the border by that stage.

Just finished a zoom call with a client on mine in Melbourne n he just told me they’ve just had an extended 7 days of lockdown ... bugger for everyone down there like you..

moffla

Bench
Just finished a zoom call with a client on mine in Melbourne n he just told me they’ve just had an extended 7 days of lockdown ... bugger for everyone down there like you..
What makes it worse is playing the blame game. I don't really care for that - I'm just sick of this shit and want solutions.

Nuke

Staff member
So...
Origin III in Sydney in a few weeks' time: if the game or capacity is in jeopardy, do they move the game to the Gold Coast to keep all 3 games in Queensland this year?!

siv

First Grade
So...
Origin III in Sydney in a few weeks' time: if the game or capacity is in jeopardy, do they move the game to the Gold Coast to keep all 3 games in Queensland this year?!

Looks like it may go to Newcastle

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So NSW gets no games at all. If Sydney is a no no just play in Newcastle. They deserve it
I think if Townsville hadn't already happened in this scenario this year they might be open to it - but the loss of income around it I reckon means the NRL will go for a different option.

azza29

Juniors
If it can't be in Sydney it should go to Melbourne given Game I got taken away 👀
As much as I'd love this to happen it seems unlikely, MCG probably out of the question without the influx of supporters from NSW and QLD. Atmosphere at a "full" AAMI Park would be fantastic though.

Latest posts