What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

t-ba

Post Whore
Just got a vision of JDB hiding under the floorboards and some Hans Landaesque dude from the NSW Police pumping Vaughan for information on the whereabouts of his teammates.

hans-landa.gif

industria ditat

Juniors
Should've been much harder imo - Vaughan, JDB, Norman's contracts should all have been torn up.

Lived through peak covid in the UK, near 70k cases a day at one stage, if something like this had lead to containment lines being broken and covid becoming rampant, then the entire country is rooted. Know many people who lost their job, know some who lost or will lose family members, know from my personal experience what covid is actually like when it's rife and what it actually does to society - none of this Disneyland-type covid thing most people in Australia have experienced. So I'm much harder than 99.9999 per cent of people on the covid stuff.

Don't give a f**k about careers if it means my friends and family members never have to live through what I did, if it means clubs don't go broke because the country had to shit down, etc. We've blown our load on public borrowing too.

If it broke through, we'd be calling for prison sentences.

I'm with you on this one. I'm a nurse in the UK ( wife also a nurse, son a doctor) and it amazes me that these guys don't realise what a privileged position they are in and what they have to lose.

Send them all to help out for a full week on a covid ward, 12.5 hour shifts in full PPE and maybe, just maybe, they might start to get it.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I'm with you on this one. I'm a nurse in the UK ( wife also a nurse, son a doctor) and it amazes me that these guys don't realise what a privileged position they are in and what they have to lose.

Send them all to help out for a full week on a covid ward, 12.5 hour shifts in full PPE and maybe, just maybe, they might start to get it.
100 per cent.

souths_reborn

Juniors
Fox have finally got a juicy story that finally takes some focus away from the absolute bollocks that is the current state of the game on the park right now …

So naturally they’d wring the living daylights out of it. Truth being optional…
You definitely have a point there. Did you see how excited Slothfield, merkiny and the bald idiot all got when detailing the incident and talking about the sanctions handed down? You can always tell when Slothfield gets excited because his voice becomes more screechy! Also, does anyone find it amusing how the Fox Sports website takes pictures of merkiny's face mid-rant as a way of trying to get people to read the ridiculous dribble he comes up with?

You definitely have a point there. Did you see how excited Slothfield, merkiny and the bald idiot all got when detailing the incident and talking about the sanctions handed down? You can always tell when Slothfield gets excited because his voice becomes more screechy! Also, does anyone find it amusing how the Fox Sports website takes pictures of merkiny's face mid-rant as a way of trying to get people to read the ridiculous dribble he comes up with?

I didn't see it - haven't watched that show for a while now (and wont since they appointed Sampson as the new host) but very familiar with their playbook.

Especially James Hooper. His "go-to" has always been the "Dragons in crisis" angle, pulls it out of his draw when he's not got much else to talk about. That he is so loathed by a large proportion of NRL players is not surprising..

They also create strories from their shows. News Ltd sites etc with stories and clickbait of...

"Kent and Rothfield clash over (insert some inane topic)"

I've heard and read that since Kayo came in, the shows on the NRL Fox channel have been suffering from ratings decline. I've even had Foxtel mail and text me (numerous times) to try and get me to sign back up again....

So they send out these guys each week to push the outrage barrow to attract attention. They haven't had much outrage to talk about in a while considering how stuffed the game is - which is what most of the public is talking about. So they've latched onto this one - and will squeeze every drop of mileage they can out of it...

It reminds me of - this simpsons episode... (hardly unique to have a simpsons reference on LU I know..).

mkcd.gif

Last edited:

roofromoz

First Grade
I didn't see it - haven't watched that show for a while now (and wont since they appointed Sampson as the new host) but very familiar with their playbook.

Especially James Hooper. His "go-to" has always been the "Dragons in crisis" angle, pulls it out of his draw when he's not got much else to talk about. That he is so loathed by a large proportion of NRL players is not surprising..

They also create strories from their shows. News Ltd sites etc with stories and clickbait of...

"Kent and Rothfield clash over (insert some inane topic)"

I've heard and read that since Kayo came in, the shows on the NRL Fox channel have been suffering from ratings decline. I've even had Foxtel mail and text me (numerous) to try and get me to sign back up again....

So they send out these guys each week to push the outrage barrow to attract attention. They haven't had much outrage to talk about in a while considering how stuffed the game is - which is what most of the public is talking about. So they've latched onto this one - and will squeeze every drop of mileage they can out of it...

It reminds me of - this simpsons episode... (hardly unique to have a simpsons reference on LU I know..).

mkcd.gif

If only there was a 'clean' version of their website where it was just reporting the actual news, and not just reporting what was said on NRL360 or the latest "all time" something from Fletch and Hindy.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Sometimes you just cannot fathom how human beings can be so stupid.

JDB could have been in the next jail cell over from Hayne. He's out, back playing footy, should be absolutely rejoiceful about that...then he gets involved in this. Honestly. Even if he was a completely innocent person in terms of the law in the incident with Callum Sinclair, there's no argument he was morally guilty. You think that would be as good an opportunity to pull your head in as was possible...but apparently not. What a muppet.

If only there was a 'clean' version of their website where it was just reporting the actual news, and not just reporting what was said on NRL360 or the latest "all time" something from Fletch and Hindy.

Yep - with headlines usually including (but not limited to) the following buzzwords...

"Slams" (real translation - "has a different opinion to....")
"Backlash" (real translation - "some people have a different opinion to...")
"Crisis" (real translation - "an issue to resolve")
"Snubs" (real translation - "someone else was preferred")
"Fears" (real translation - "some/minimal risk of an unfavourable outcome")
"Reveals" (real translation - "answered a question")
"Doesn't rule out" (real translation - "options are naturally being explored")