What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Danish

Referee
Yes, in NSW where the grand final is normally played, and is kinda my point - if we had pursued a decent vaccine procurement policy - one not based on 'it's not a race' and just a few vaccine suppliers - perhaps we avoid lockdown, and perhaps we avoid the moving of the competition. People spent months and months and months trying to get one and, well, here we are.

true enough, although it we’d also just stuck to the original 70% targets that were floated months ago then we’d be playing it at ANZ now too.

a complete clusterf**k of leadership from head to tail across the country

Spanner in the works

First Grade
true enough, although it we’d also just stuck to the original 70% targets that were floated months ago then we’d be playing it at ANZ now too.

a complete clusterf**k of leadership from head to tail across the country
100 per cent, and it's really short-changed a lot of fans and clubs, not just those participating in grand finals. Had two jobs - roll-out the vaccines well and protect the economy. Sadly the latter will succumb to the poor delivery of the former, including NRL clubs, pubs, etc who could've done with that boost.

Iamback

Coach
80% coverage:
Portugal 84.3%
UAE 84.3%
Singapore 79.4%
Malta 83.6%

Over 70% coverage:
Spain 78.2%
Ireland 73.8%
Denmark 75.1%
Canada 70.7%
Uruguay 73.7%
Chile 73.5%

Thanks for that no major country. Let live as as per normal

Still seems an overreaction here. Look at Texas as an example:

10,000 rolling 7 day case numbers. in 3 weeks host an international event ( F1) meanwhile the NFL teams are playing in front of 90k people with a full vaxx rate of 55%.

Yet we are cutting crowds due to 6 cases with over half of the population covered, We really have messed Covid response up on all levels

shear_joy9

Coach

10,000 rolling 7 day case numbers. in 3 weeks host an international event ( F1) meanwhile the NFL teams are playing in front of 90k people with a full vaxx rate of 55%.

Yet we are cutting crowds due to 6 cases with over half of the population covered, We really have messed Covid response up on all levels
Texas are averaging nearly 300 deaths from covid per day. They care more about guns and football than human life.
I'd like to think Australia is better than that. You obviously don't.

Dugtrio

Juniors

We are 33rd out of 37 OECD countries:

And looking to Texas for medical advice? Their approach to medicine is not something I’d ever like to endure.

Iamback

Coach

We are 33rd out of 37 OECD countries:

And looking to Texas for medical advice? Their approach to medicine is not something I’d ever like to endure.

Uk then? France? Many countries have opened at lower vax rates then we are.

We were too slow to start the vaxx for a few reasons, since then we over react at the slighest issue

Texas are averaging nearly 300 deaths from covid per day. They care more about guns and football than human life.
I'd like to think Australia is better than that. You obviously don't.
300 deaths per day out of a population of 30 million with almost all ... tin foil hat wearing morons.

WE need to get on with it
If people don't care about their own safety & life & choose not to get vaccinated
then this Australian doesn't give a F about them

to reduce our GF's crowd by 13K & threaten to reduce it to nil for a hand full of cases
its beyond nonsense.

F QLD

pull it now

play it in Sydney on October 10th

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
You can't compare our situation with other countries who have already let covid ravage their population. Our country doesn't have the nearly the same level of natural immunity nor have we let as big of a chunk of our vulnerable population die as other countries. Also get some perspective, a crowd at the GF isn't as important as peoples health.

You can't compare our situation with other countries who have already let covid ravage their population. Our country doesn't have the nearly the same level of natural immunity nor have we let as big of a chunk of our vulnerable population die as other countries. Also get some perspective, a crowd at the GF isn't as important as peoples health.
when people don't care about their own health why should we ?
& what natural immunity , there isn't one to delta.

How does a fully vaccinated capacity crowd at the GF threaten anyones health ?

Dugtrio

Juniors
300 deaths per day out of a population of 30 million with almost all ... tin foil hat wearing morons.

WE need to get on with it
If people don't care about their own safety & life & choose not to get vaccinated
then this Australian doesn't give a F about them

to reduce our GF's crowd by 13K & threaten to reduce it to nil for a hand full of cases
its beyond nonsense.

F QLD

pull it now

play it in Sydney on October 10th
If I can’t get into a hospital because it’s full of people who don’t care about their own safety then I do give an f about them.

Any other life threatening reason apart from Covid? That's his point I think
I know what he meant

our hospitals are going to be over run anyway
we are not
not going to re open once we hit 70% double vaccinated regardless ..
this is about our GF not what the Govt is going to do wether its played in brisbane , sydney or on mars

shear_joy9

Coach
why would you need a hospital ?
aren't you vaccinated ?

if you aren't
why aren't you ?
brainlet-skull-cap-off-smooth-brain.png