What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Perth Red

Post Whore
CLUBS CONCERNED ABOUT ALL STARS CLASH

Concerns from club bosses could force the NRL to scrap the Indigenous vs Maori All Stars clash on February 12.
The Sydney Morning Herald reports the NRL and club bosses will meet via a phone hook-up on Friday with the Covid-19 protocols surrounding the All Stars clash on the agenda.
It’s understood the clubs want clarification on what protocols have been put in place before they release star players to go into a week-long All Stars camp.
The concerns come as every club deals with repeated Covid-related interruptions during pre-season.
An anonymous club boss share their concerns to the Herald about All Stars commitments impacting a player’s preparation with their NRL club.
“We appreciate the game and what it represents, but it’s not ideal under the circumstances because of everything that is going on everywhere,” they said.
“There has been so much disruption already, and I’m talking about every club, not just ours.
“You have to wonder if the players will have had enough training under the belt because of all the disruptions. Nine times out of 10 you’d say they haven’t. Then you have to put up with having them away from your footy club another week.”

The_Frog

First Grade
CLUBS CONCERNED ABOUT ALL STARS CLASH

Concerns from club bosses could force the NRL to scrap the Indigenous vs Maori All Stars clash on February 12.
The Sydney Morning Herald reports the NRL and club bosses will meet via a phone hook-up on Friday with the Covid-19 protocols surrounding the All Stars clash on the agenda.
It’s understood the clubs want clarification on what protocols have been put in place before they release star players to go into a week-long All Stars camp.
The concerns come as every club deals with repeated Covid-related interruptions during pre-season.
An anonymous club boss share their concerns to the Herald about All Stars commitments impacting a player’s preparation with their NRL club.
“We appreciate the game and what it represents, but it’s not ideal under the circumstances because of everything that is going on everywhere,” they said.
“There has been so much disruption already, and I’m talking about every club, not just ours.
“You have to wonder if the players will have had enough training under the belt because of all the disruptions. Nine times out of 10 you’d say they haven’t. Then you have to put up with having them away from your footy club another week.”

Suspect this event will be sacrificed in order to buy a bit more time.

Diesel

Coach
Vlandys will probably move it to after the GF and use it as an excuse to bail on the RLWC again!
If we still have a Sunday origin, Could it be played on the Friday or Saturday during one of the Orgin weekends? Or during a split round?

The_Frog

First Grade
Clubs won't want to play an exhibition game mid-season. The time to play it is exactly when it is, but the situation is pretty precarious this year.

Wizardman

First Grade
There is a photo on the cows website of Taumalolo training with other players. He has either had the jab or the Cowbows will be in the shit.

Nuke

Staff member
Origin 2 might be on the move due to WA's continued border restrictions

I fully expected it would be in doubt the moment they announced it in the midst of the pandemic. Of course I want to go ahead as planned in front of a full stadium, but I'm not expecting it to.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Phew, maybe the extra money likely to be thrown at him due to Storm losing most of their pack next year has helped sway him?

gerg

Juniors
Phew, maybe the extra money likely to be thrown at him due to Storm losing most of their pack next year has helped sway him?

It is a very carefully worded statement. I have no insight whatsoever but is it still an option for players to sign a vaccine exemption form?