What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Valheru

Coach
Probably not. Vaccination does not stop you carrying it and infecting others. The only way to stop this happening, short of herd immunity, is to stop people entering from overseas.
It reduces the chance of you carrying it and effecting others.

I mean, it is such a simple thing to enact. If old mate was vaccinated and still passed it on then so be it, at least the public would know the state government did all they could in that scenario. As it stands, it very well could have been prevented by enforcing a simple, logical criteria for the job.

It reduces the chance of you carrying it and effecting others.

I mean, it is such a simple thing to enact. If old mate was vaccinated and still passed it on then so be it, at least the public would know the state government did all they could in that scenario. As it stands, it very well could have been prevented by enforcing a simple, logical criteria for the job.
Apparently wearing a mask wasn’t a requirement for the driver either. Unfathomably stupid these leaders of ours.

blaza88z

Coach
Surely the season is going to be at risk, there are outbreaks going on in most states with the worst of it taking place in NSW

Valheru

Coach
Surely the season is going to be at risk, there are outbreaks going on in most states with the worst of it taking place in NSW

If the season didn't get cancelled last year then it won't this year. They will just re-implement the bubble and play with no crowds if required.

TheDMC

Bench
If the season didn't get cancelled last year then it won't this year. They will just re-implement the bubble and play with no crowds if required.
Those bubbles might not work as effectively as last year, Delta variant seems to be a different beast...at least 60% more transmissible apparently.

Dugtrio

Juniors
May be difficult over the next couple of weeks if players aren’t all already isolating under guidelines approved by various governments to allow them exemptions. Last year benefited from the break and having time to organise players and staff, and coordinate with government.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Hope Roosters fans aren't going to bring their covid up to Newy.

Maybe we could in revenge for ending Brett Morris's carreer in that sinkhole of a ground ( only joking ) .

What about the people from the Eastern Suburbs who had to take their daughter to the Hunter for an esquestrian event, seriously some people are f*cked and deserved to be locked up.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Hope Souths make Townsville their base.

Was going to be up there in a few weeks time for the Cowboys Roosters game but not now, just cancelled the Magnetic Island accommodation and have up till the day before to cancel the Townsville accomodation. The airfare i was using was from a cancelled trip from March last year so i guess it will be another credit.

Valheru

Coach
May be difficult over the next couple of weeks if players aren’t all already isolating under guidelines approved by various governments to allow them exemptions. Last year benefited from the break and having time to organise players and staff, and coordinate with government.

Worst case we play it all in NSW without crowds. Th more likely scenario is that this will pass in a couple of weeks and it will be business as usual.

They won't cancel the season.

Was going to be up there in a few weeks time for the Cowboys Roosters game but not now, just cancelled the Magnetic Island accommodation and have up till the day before to cancel the Townsville accomodation. The airfare i was using was from a cancelled trip from March last year so i guess it will be another credit.

It's crap, eh.

I haven't been anywhere since March last year. Was planning on taking my sons on a bit of a trip this school holidays but now that's khyboshed. Plus my wife works in Redfern, so she's home and we're quarantined because the older son has a sniffle.

horrie hastings

First Grade
It's crap, eh.

I haven't been anywhere since March last year. Was planning on taking my sons on a bit of a trip this school holidays but now that's khyboshed. Plus my wife works in Redfern, so she's home and we're quarantined because the older son has a sniffle.

Yeah but what can you do? I remember March last year, we went away up to a place called Grassy Head in between Port Macquarie and Nambucca Heads, headed up the week before everything broke loose, was supposed to stay up there for just over a week then come back to Sydney for a theatre show then head down to Melbourne for 5 days. While we at Grassy Head news started coming through about the lock downs coming in in Sydney, slowly but surely up there the business's started closing or setting up for take away only, when we due to come back to Sydney for the theatre we knew that was already cancelled and Melbourne wouldn't be a chance we stayed an extra 5 days at Grassy Head as we know the people who own the accommodation and they were happy for us to stay longer and we had access to the pool and nearby beach, it was so eerie driving back into Sydney as when we left Grassy even though some restrictions had kicked in it still seemed fairly normal where we were.

Apart from that we decided we would go back to Grassy Head last November because you couldn't travel interstate, had 3 days in Port Macquarie then onto Grassy, it was sought of funny as when we were there in March last year, we got the last meat raffles in at the club before they had to stop them then we went up in November it was only the second week that the meat raffles had started again since March.

Apart from Grassy in November had a couple of very short breaks, one down in Mollymook in March this year and a couple of days in the Hunter Valley in May, feel lucky i went to the Hunter now.

Actually wasn't even thinking of going to Townsville earlier but seeing things seem to have stabilized for a while the better half said do you want to use the Virgin airfare credits from the cancelled Melbourne trip to get away somewhere warm and get a Roosters fix also, i was still a bit spooked about flying again but thought we still have to use the credit at some time so why not.

A shame you cant take a trip away with your sons these school holidays, i think now at the very most i am only to book Grassy Head for later in the year and that is easily cancelled if things stay the same or go more pear shaped, thats about as adventurist as i feel now.

Last edited:
Yeah but what can you do? I remember March last year, we went away up to a place called Grassy Head in between Port Macquarie and Nambucca Heads, headed up the week before everything broke loose, was supposed to stay up there for just over a week then come back to Sydney for a theatre show then head down to Melbourne for 5 days. While we at Grassy Head news started coming through about the lock downs coming in in Sydney, slowly but surely up there the business's started closing or setting up for take away only, when we due to come back to Sydney for the theatre we knew that was already cancelled and Melbourne wouldn't be a chance we stayed an extra 5 days at Grassy Head as we know the people who own the accommodation and they were happy for us to stay longer and we had access to the pool and nearby beach, it was so eerie driving back into Sydney as when we left Grassy even though some restrictions had kicked in it still seemed fairly normal where we were.

Apart from that we decided we would go back to Grassy Head last November because you couldn't travel interstate, had 3 days in Port Macquarie then onto Grassy, it was sought of funny as when we were there in March last year, we got the last meat raffles in at the club before they had to stop them then we went up in November it was only the second week that the meat raffles had started again since March.

Apart from Grassy in November had a couple of very short breaks, one down in Mollymook in March this year and a couple of days in the Hunter Valley in May, feel lucky i went to the Hunter now.

Actually wasn't even thinking of going to Townsville earlier but seeing things seem to have stabilized for a while the better half said do you want to use the Virgin airfare credits from the cancelled Melbourne trip to get away somewhere warm and get a Roosters fix also, i was still a bit spooked about flying again but thought we still have to use the credit at some time so why not.

A shame you cant take a trip away with your sons these school holidays, i think now at the very most i am only to book Grassy Head for later in the year and that is easily cancelled if things stay the same or go more pear shaped, thats about as adventurist as i feel now.

Such is life.

Anyway...I just got our covid tests back. We're all clean.

He's got tonsillitis. Happy holidays LOL!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Vaccinate the players and carry on. As the West Hoxton party outbreak shows the vaccine is almost 100% protective. If your standard is 100% safety then we will be in lockdown forever.

Vaccinated footy players and their families would be more likely to die in a car accident on the way to a game than from covid.

Here we go again…!!

images