What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

mave

Coach
prerty sure players are allowed to see their wife and kids ?? Where do you think they live during the season?

Yeah, of course.
Does that mean the wife and kids are in the players bubble ? Or are they allowed to live their lives normally ?

Seems potential grey areas there

I just heard Norman fled on foot and left his wallet behind? Haha what an idiot if true

No-one ever accused Corey of being smart.

He always struck me as a bum-bag type of guy anyway.

Diesel

Referee
Lol @ the "journalists" spouting this as season ending.

The players in attendance will receive fines ala Dugan and isolate for 2 weeks. That's it.
That’s the minimum expectation. Vaughan is a multiple offender so he might have a longer sit out.

whatever the outcome, they should not be receiving any payment IMO, these guys should be made an example of, but I guess it all comes down to what’s in their contract and how hard the NRL and club are able to come down on them.

moffla

Bench
What irks me most about this is that they are coming off a win against the Warriors, who have been living and working in another country for a while now. Shows complete disregard for the sacarfices they've had to make.

I can forgive the individual cockups - but when a whole team agrees that it's a good idea to flaunt lockdown by having a f**king party - it doesn't sit right.

What irks me most about this is that they are coming off a win against the Warriors, who have been living and working in another country for a while now. Shows complete disregard for the sacarfices they've had to make.

I can forgive the individual cockups - but when a whole team agrees that it's a good idea to flaunt lockdown by having a f**king party - it doesn't sit right.

Yep.

At some point they would have been clearly informed of the new Covid protocols. And then at a point after - a conscious decision was made to break those protocols by not just one player, but a dozen of them. There's no excuses.

While it was held at Vaughan's house - it doesn't mean he was a "ringleader" necessarily. But this is the 2nd time for him, it's just baffling as to what his thought processes were. They are all guilty as each other IMO.

There's a distinct sense of of a holier than though / "up yours" mentality about this..... "we can do what we want" etc. I'm glad they got found out. And should long suspensions/big fines result for all - I'm fully supportive. Even despite selection headaches that may result..

Teams like the Warriors - and indeed the Storm have been out of home a vast majority of the last season and a half. (Apart from an issue with Christian Welch, swiftly dealt with) These clubs have respected the necessary protocols - under far worse (more tempting?) conditions than clubs who have been able to remain local/at home etc. Yet these Dragons did what they did.

Wonder if it was the first time, or just the first time they got caught....

It's not necessarily the crime of the century but given the situation - couldn't be less proud of my club right now (yes - it wasn't the club - but many players in it who've offended here. But they represent the Dragons).

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Zero excuses . They didn’t break nrl protocols (if they did who cares in the scheme of things )
they broke NSW health orders that all of us are subject too.

different to dogs and Dugan situation which was breaking nrl rules

no sympathy to what punishment they get even if over the top

The NRL Biosecurity protocols are there so that games can be played in various states and not have to bring everyone to one city and house them there, like the AFL are doing.

Imagine the carry on from NRL players at all the Australian based clubs if they were told the NRL was going to centralise the comp in one city and they would have to move there for the rest of the year? No kids, no partners, just the players and staff from now till early October? Cause that is what they would face if they carry on ignoring the restrictions. Otherwise games will be called off as state governments refuse to let teams into its state to play games, which would then probably see the broadcast rights holders with hold payments to the NRL, which would ultimately see the players having to consequently take a pay cut.

Yes it is hard, but that is what is happening with many businesses. I mean try working in retail or hospitality trades where lockdowns see people not working at all nor getting paid. As such I have little sympathy for NRL players as a consequence for breaching this stuff.

Latest posts