What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm not one to come to a dickhead footballers defence, especially not Roberts, but going after a bloke because he dared to step out onto the balcony to get some fresh air is a bit of a beat up.
They’ve been told what they can and can’t do. It’s not fricking hard.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
They’ve been told what they can and can’t do. It’s not fricking hard.

Mate, it's a hotel balcony. Completely isolated, outdoors and multiple stories up in the air away from the street. If I was told I couldn't go out there, I would be pissed too. Even the passengers on the Ruby and Diamond Princesses weren't blocked from doing that.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Mate, it's a hotel balcony. Completely isolated, outdoors and multiple stories up in the air away from the street. If I was told I couldn't go out there, I would be pissed too. Even the passengers on the Ruby and Diamond Princesses weren't blocked from doing that.
It doesn’t matter what it is or isn’t, the fact is they are there under the good grace of a govt who has said what it expects of them. If they can’t do that the comp is screwed. He is choosing to be there, just follow the rules ffs!

AJB1102

First Grade
It doesn’t matter what it is or isn’t, the fact is they are there under the good grace of a govt who has said what it expects of them. If they can’t do that the comp is screwed. He is choosing to be there, just follow the rules ffs!
"Good grace" lol 400 footballers, staff and their families all up there buying everything in plus all the footy in QLD attracting crowds. Nothing in it for them at all.

blaza88z

Coach
Regardless of how small the infraction seems to be, they set down some rules and the QLD government made it obvious they have had enough of NRL players not abiding by them

If they are true to their word, it will be interesting to see where they decide to take the game next

Frailty

First Grade
Poor Roberts, he just wanted to go outside. We will forget all the time he gets to spend outside for training, games, etc.

As far as I'm aware this restriction was two weeks for Quarantine purposes. So, other people have it much worse than this poor overpaid footballer.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but just because a government decrees it that doesn't make it right or moral.

In fact if history shows us anything it's that you should always be sceptical of government decisions where they might infringe rights and freedoms, and that they should never, ever, be trusted to be moral arbiters.

Can we tell Roberts he’s not allowed to leave the stadium on game day? Might be an effective use of his football ability in 2021

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Man goes out onto private balcony for fresh air, putting the whole NRL at risk due to fear of spreading COVID. Should have stayed inside in recirculated air of the shared ducted air conditioning system.

World's gone mad, I tell ya....
If it’s anything like the two quarantine hotels I’ve been in, AC gets shut down.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
He walked onto a balcony ffs. You'd do that on instinct. Settle down.

ni
Mate, it's a hotel balcony. Completely isolated, outdoors and multiple stories up in the air away from the street. If I was told I couldn't go out there, I would be pissed too. Even the passengers on the Ruby and Diamond Princesses weren't blocked from doing that
they put that rule in place because the families in same venue were passing items between floors .
maybe if they didn’t pass items and break quarantine rules they wouldn’t have to put in stupid measures that you can’t go out on balcony and gaffer tape the doors

‘’yes and because of what happneed with ruby princess and other returnees not home isolating as per requirements they brought in hotel quarantine
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but just because a government decrees it that doesn't make it right or moral.

In fact if history shows us anything it's that you should always be sceptical of government decisions where they might infringe rights and freedoms, and that they should never, ever, be trusted to be moral arbiters.

doesn’t matter or not.. government has decreed and up to the nrl and players to follow .

also shouldn’t have any sentence to do with an argument including The word moral when it comes to the nrl and it’s players

I'm not one to come to a dickhead footballers defence, especially not Roberts, but going after a bloke because he dared to step out onto the balcony to get some fresh air is a bit of a beat up.

Rightly or wrongly it is one of the conditions Qld Health imposed. The families had the same restrictions imposed on them (Emma Lawrence confirmed this on a number of radio interviews earlier this week). In fact they were supplied with gaffer tape that they had to use to tape up the doors and send a phot to Qld Health proving they had done so.

Diesel

Referee
Regardless of how small the infraction seems to be, they set down some rules and the QLD government made it obvious they have had enough of NRL players not abiding by them

If they are true to their word, it will be interesting to see where they decide to take the game next
Queensland Health say one thing, but their government via their events department (whatever it is called) has offered somewhere in the vicinity of $20m to stage the finals and GF in Brisbane.

typical of government, one department doesn’t speak to the other

Knight76

Juniors
Well it remains to be seen if QLD gov is all bark no bite. But, the NRL players have certainly given them the ammunition to use.

If they kick them out, only have a few selfish players to blame.

An employer I used to work for used to give all employees their warnings to make sure they held the power to sack them due to repeated warnings. Perhaps qld gov is doing this so they have the NRL by the jatz crackers and can politically justify ending the NRL season.

Valheru

Coach
It's an issue of optics more than public health. The new QLD guidelines for home quarantine allow people to use balconies anyway!
Sure so slap him on the wrist and move on with things.

Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill of someone going on to their balcony for some fresh air.