What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

souths_reborn

Juniors
I'm not one to come to a dickhead footballers defence, especially not Roberts, but going after a bloke because he dared to step out onto the balcony to get some fresh air is a bit of a beat up.
Absolutely! I think a lot of these Covid rules are ad-hoc with very little scientific rationale behind them. What that are chances of a player catching or spreading Covid by standing on his balcony? Minimal I would say. What we have to remember is that footy players are human beings and it is easier said than done being forced to live in prison-like conditions for 3 months straight. This is the problem with the so called medical "experts" - they understand the science but they are completely out of touch with reality in terms of the measure they want to implement.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Are you feeling a bit warm & fancy getting some fresh air on the balcony? Instead, why not try opening the fridge door? Close your eyes & imagine you are in the Swiss Alps, breathing that fresh, cool mountain air.

dogslife

Coach
Roberts fined $7.5K & one game suspension. "Must also complete education and training programs."
Like what - a one hour zoom session on avoiding balconies?
DWIdJOxJ-F-hxKZmKt8llB8TZcI=.gif

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Rules and laws are put in place for a reason. Whether it be to keep order, or people safe and protected. You may or may not believe in Covid,or believe it’s only a disease the kills the elderly – that’s up to you. I’m not going to get into an argument with you over that – I do not have the patience. I’m sure there are many that are breaking the rules, and that’s on them. They may get punished eventually, it may be through the police and the courts, or worse yet medically. But at the moment the rules are the rules and everyone knows them. Api knew them and knew what was at stake and he broke them anyway. And his selfishnesses was not only going to affect him, but it could have de-railed the whole competition. In regards to your point about household incomes – I’m sure anyone who is working right now is very grateful, and if their job or work was shut down because of somoene else’s selfishness and stupidity of not following the rules, they would be furious.

souths_reborn

Juniors
Rules and laws are put in place for a reason. Whether it be to keep order, or people safe and protected. You may or may not believe in Covid,or believe it’s only a disease the kills the elderly – that’s up to you. I’m not going to get into an argument with you over that – I do not have the patience. I’m sure there are many that are breaking the rules, and that’s on them. They may get punished eventually, it may be through the police and the courts, or worse yet medically. But at the moment the rules are the rules and everyone knows them. Api knew them and knew what was at stake and he broke them anyway. And his selfishnesses was not only going to affect him, but it could have de-railed the whole competition. In regards to your point about household incomes – I’m sure anyone who is working right now is very grateful, and if their job or work was shut down because of somoene else’s selfishness and stupidity of not following the rules, they would be furious.
The "rules is rules" mentality is a very short-sighted and narrow minded way of thinking. In order for rules to be effective they need to be pragmatic; you can't simply implement something and then expect people to follow it blindly. Remember, people are not robots; they embody conditions from their immediate environment. Hence, denying someone the right to fresh air is not only unrealistic but it is almost verging on a violation of human rights. With regard to smuggling women into the bubble, that is not something that was necessary and he deserved to be punished.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
While I don't entirely disagree with you "Souths reborn" and I think they should be allowed on their balconies. There are too many people (and this is not directed at you) that are too lazy, stupid or just not brought up properly that use the "violation of their rights" as reasons not to follow rules. We do not live in a draconian society but we live in a society with too many dumb arses that have "issues with authority" (translated to they just can't be bothered to do things that don't want to but have to. Too many people that listen to morning tv or tv news to get their information from journalists who would not know their head from their other end.

I think our govt, state and federal could have done better, but I am not Phil Gould and do not want to live in a world of hindsight and I and extremely grateful they have not been as bad as Sweden and other countries that ignored it.

siv

First Grade
Havent they been in Qld for more than 2 weeks yet?

Also they run and train outdoors in front of people

Cannot understand why getting air is a issue

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
The "rules is rules" mentality is a very short-sighted and narrow minded way of thinking. In order for rules to be effective they need to be pragmatic; you can't simply implement something and then expect people to follow it blindly. Remember, people are not robots; they embody conditions from their immediate environment. Hence, denying someone the right to fresh air is not only unrealistic but it is almost verging on a violation of human rights. With regard to smuggling women into the bubble, that is not something that was necessary and he deserved to be punished.

yes Balconies is over the top —- but the option was either that are boot them all , because they were passing items between floors via the balconies. Defeats the purpose of quarantine . Rightit or wrongly these are the draconian measures they put in place so they don’t have to be on months long lockdown like the rest of us in Sydney .

‘’if they don’t like the conditions they can get the next flight back to Sydney and live off same restrictions as the rest of us . 1 more week of inconvience and they will be able to roam around with more freedom then the rest of us .

AJB1102

First Grade
yes Balconies is over the top —- but the option was either that are boot them all , because they were passing items between floors via the balconies. Defeats the purpose of quarantine . Rightit or wrongly these are the draconian measures they put in place so they don’t have to be on months long lockdown like the rest of us in Sydney .

‘’if they don’t like the conditions they can get the next flight back to Sydney and live off same restrictions as the rest of us . 1 more week of inconvience and they will be able to roam around with more freedom then the rest of us .
Just because others are doing it tougher doesn't excuse putting bullshit restrictions on NRL players. Weld Gladys inside her bathroom if you wanna punish someone for the state of things in Sydney.

Latest posts