What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’m sur
You make a lot of good points on here but sarcasm in this instance is not warranted. I'm sure you and your family wouldn't like to be exposed to the conditions that the NRL players. It is true that they get paid a lot of money for what they do but that does not make it any easier on the players and families. There is the mental health aspect to all of this as well. Being confined to poorly accommodated quarters is tough for anyone, regardless of their profession.
I’m sure it’s no fun but seriously comparing spending two weeks in a 4star hotel room to inhumane conditions is a joke and pretty insensitive to people in the world who do actually have no choice in living in genuine inhumane conditions!

souths_reborn

Juniors
I’m sur

I’m sure it’s no fun but seriously comparing spending two weeks in a 4star hotel room to inhumane conditions is a joke and pretty insensitive to people in the world who do actually have no choice in living in genuine inhumane conditions!
Its not a 4 - star hotel room; that is a complete myth. Lets not kid ourselves that players are their families are kicking back and living the life of Riley in there. The fact that players, are at minimum, being forced to duct tape doors shut to deny them getting fresh air is in itself inhumane. Even prison inmates are allowed fresh air!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its not a 4 - star hotel room; that is a complete myth. Lets not kid ourselves that players are their families are kicking back and living the life of Riley in there. The fact that players, are at minimum, being forced to duct tape doors shut to deny them getting fresh air is in itself inhumane. Even prison inmates are allowed fresh air!
Novotel surfers paradise is 4 star.
They’ve got luxury bedrooms with beds with clean sheets, running clean water, toilets, uber eats, everything they need delivered to them, Netflix and so it goes on. It’s hardly inhumane conditions! And lets not forget this is their choice, no one made them go. They were allowed fresh air, until they acted like merkins In the quest for marshmallows.

Last edited:

souths_reborn

Juniors
They’ve got beds with clean sheets, running clean water, toilets, uber eats, everything they need delivered to them, Netflix and so it goes on. It’s hardly inhumane conditions! And lets not forget this is their choice, no one made them go. They were allowed fresh air, until they acted like merkins In the quest for marshmallows.
How do you know this? We've just had reports of families being denied water for 24 hours. I posted the link to the article. I'm not sure if you believe it but I think it would presumptuous to assume that they have everything that they need to being delivered to them.

Yes it was their choice but that does not mean they should railroaded into accept less than ideal conditions. We should also be thankful that the players have agreed to continue on with the season. Yes, they are being paid but proceeding within the NRL bubble is mutually beneficial. Do not underestimate the impact sport has during a time when morale is low.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No taps? Or did they just not get their sparkling Perrier they ordered through room service? Google the hotels bedrooms images and tell us again what hardships and how inhumane it all is lol

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Those entitled merkins should come to China and do centralised quarantine, f**kers got absolutely nothing to whinge about.

souths_reborn

Juniors
No taps? Or did they just not get their sparkling Perrier they ordered through room service? Google the hotels bedrooms images and tell us again what hardships and how inhumane it all is lol
Don't be naïve. What is shown in a picture/advertisement differs greatly to what transpires in real life. If the conditions are so good then why are the players families having issues? I mean it seems an odd thing to make up something like this given how easily it can be verified. I doubt the players and their families woke up one morning and went "Geez I'm bored, lets pretend the conditions in a 4 star hotel are bad!"

souths_reborn

Juniors
Those entitled merkins should come to China and do centralised quarantine, f**kers got absolutely nothing to whinge about.
They're not entitled. They are making sacrifices too to give us entertainment. As I've said before, while they are being paid, the continuation of the game is mutually beneficial. Don't forget their are millions of people stuck in lockdown and watching sport is a welcome relief.

butchmcdick

Immortal
They're not entitled. They are making sacrifices too to give us entertainment. As I've said before, while they are being paid, the continuation of the game is mutually beneficial. Don't forget their are millions of people stuck in lockdown and watching sport is a welcome relief.
So is wanking but nobody is paying me 1.3 million a year to do it like they are Hunt

Follow the rules or f**k off

t-ba

Post Whore
Na, the AFL has been playing a couple of games a round at empty grounds in Melbourne for the last few weeks.

They know there's a shiny grand final sized prize at the end of this.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The NRL is surely in urgent talks to play behind closed doors today and tomorrow as the players and staff are in a bubble.

Latest posts