What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

costly loss?

Southernsaint

Staff member
That loss was a bitter pill to swallow.

One that got away, for sure. Saints will rue that loss in September...

gregstar

Referee
Southernsaint said:
That loss was a bitter pill to swallow.

One that got away, for sure. Saints will rue that loss in September...
they won't make september if hornby is gone for the year. ;-)

Ozzwald

Juniors
Hornby is gone for a month......that's not the year but in reality, it's probably too long anyways for Saints to make the 8. I don't really see us beating Parra or Manly with a make-shift halves combo. We MAY get over the top of Cronulla if we are sensational but I doubt it. We lose those three games & we are GONE.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Prop Jason Ryles identified the early try as the cause of the collapse, saying: "Probably the first try was the worst thing that could have happened to us. We fell into a heap and became the Dragons of old."

Quite frankly, I don't buy that.

gregstar

Referee
he's right in so far as it was the dragons of old (2003).
but what pathetic logic! - in other words, we can only thrash teams if either they score first or we score later into the match?

p*ss poor rylesy! i expected better go forward from you & bails. p*ss poor!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I can tell you why they lost in far simpler terms... they forgot how to tackle.

Very frustrating watching the Saints 'defensive' line looking at Scott Prince setting up play. They kept giving him all the time in the world. To Prince's credit, he took full advantage.

The Tigers on the other hand were coming up very quickly off the line. As soon as it became apparent which team was willing to do the tackling, the match was won and lost.

Mr Saab

Referee
gregstar said:
what pathetic logic! - in other words, we can only thrash teams if either they score first or we score later into the match?

p*ss poor rylesy! i expected better go forward from you & bails. p*ss poor!

yeah was rather odd. What does ryles want? to be down 20 nil and then comeback?

Dakink

Bench
"Current Roosters halfback Brett Firman has left the Sydney-based club for the tropics of North Queensland for the remainder of the National Rugby League season and the ensuing two years.

Firman will provide the Cowboys with added depth in the halves, an area where they have struggled so far this season despite the emergence of Queensland State of Origin star Johnathan Thurston.

But it is also a watershed contract for the Temora junior, who burst onto the scene with a sensational rookie season at the Dragons in 2003. Since then injuries and poor form have hampered his career and only weeks after joining the Roosters found himself in Premier league.

He is currently nursing a thumb injury but he is expected to be fit to make his Cowboys debut in three weeks."

Courtesy of the LU front page....

GAz and Coops meed to stay in the centres. I think Barrett needs to stay at 5\8. It is easier to create a catch and pass halfback (and hence giving Barrett that extra time and space out wide) that can defend rather than create a ball playing 5\8. Im not against moving Ennis into the no.7 shirt as has a fair pass, can kick if needed and can defend.

Our main attack is now going to be through the centres so we want Barrett wide enough to create opps for them.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dakink said:
Im not against moving Ennis into the no.7 shirt as has a fair pass, can kick if needed and can defend.
I think it'll be Gorrell at half back.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Willow,

I think Goz will get the nod as well. If he goes ok, he might just be offered another contract for next year.

I'm stoked Hornby was just on ch10 news he's only out three weeks, and therefore only misses two games.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well thats good news. And if Head can get back in time for the semis, who knows eh?

Well that is good news.

I hope he recovers soon. I still think Hornby-Barrett can be a premiership winning halves combination. It must be more or less as good as Sherwin-Anasta.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Hornby is out for 3 weeks he may only miss 1 game. Nowing Hornby he will be doing all he can to be ready to play Para........