What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could it happen again?

Dazzat

First Grade
Here's a cure for the post origin SLUMP ... give Lockyer a rest. Not that he needs a one because he's playing OK, but it might give the rest of a team a wake up. They might even try something more creative than throwing it to Darren and expect him to do something. They might even support each other in attack ...

Leagueguy

Juniors
1. Hunt
2. Tupou
3. Hodges
4. Tate
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer
7. Perry
8. Webcke
9. Ennis
10. Petero
11. Stagg
12. Parker
13. Caroll

Bench

Berrigan
Eastwood
Carlaw
Thaiday

It makes me want to cry when I think that could be our team right now. I guarantee we wouldn't be in any slump.

Ghoulies

Bench
I guarantee we wouldn't be in any slump.
Oh yeah? :lol:

This isn't a matter of team selections, or injuries! It's rediculous how folks (mainly at BHQ) whinge about minor team selections claiming that if WB would just select one player in the second-row or off the bench, things would be alright.

Our slump has again come down to a miserable gameplan that went out of fashion half-a-decade ago. Elliott absolutely schooled Benny tactics-wise; with the use of clever 2nd man plays as well as a few timely offloads, the Raiders' bunch of "no-names" showed our 'one-out forward play' up as insufficient once again.

Ghoulies said:
Oh yeah? :lol:

This isn't a matter of team selections, or injuries! It's rediculous how folks (mainly at BHQ) whinge about minor team selections claiming that if WB would just select one player in the second-row or off the bench, things would be alright.

Our slump has again come down to a miserable gameplan that went out of fashion half-a-decade ago. Elliott absolutely schooled Benny tactics-wise; with the use of clever 2nd man plays as well as a few timely offloads, the Raiders' bunch of "no-names" showed our 'one-out forward play' up as insufficient once again.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Mr Saab

Referee
salivor said:
It's one of the reasons why I'm finding it so tough to get into the season at the moment, as much as faith as I'd like to have in the team, the last 5 years has shown that theres a huge mental hill to climb this year. We had the same talk from players last year that they were going to beat the end of season slump yet it still happened and I honestly feel it will happen again as we've had no luck with injuries this year and have a very tough draw for the run home. My real worry is if we slide like 2003 or 2001 then we may even fail to make the 8.

You called it correctly it seems.
Storm will hammer us it seems and the dogs...dont even want to imagine that scoreline...so there goes for and against we have.
Eels are on fire and have it all to play for.
Warriors always present us with a problem.
I dont think we will make the 8

broncoman

Juniors
enough is enough, no more excuses its time for action and for people at the club to take responsibility, too many people are in denial at that club, we will never recover until we have mass changes off the field...

i have never been ashamed to be a Broncos fan before today but the team just show no heart, its just not good enough that this club keeps finding itself in this situation. What a disgrace...

salivor

First Grade
The only thing that we've got going for us right now is that the teams that could push us out of the 8 are the Cowboys, Sharks, Panthers and Tigers as well as the Dragons being in pretty poor form at the moment.

salivor

First Grade
broncoman said:
i have never been ashamed to be a Broncos fan before today

It's not often that we agree but I've never been angrier at the club than after today. This is harder to swallow than the Melbourne loss last year, harder to swallow than the 8 straight losses in 2003 and certainly harder to swallow than our previous 5 end of season slumps.

It's time for heads to roll and personally missing the 8 may be what it takes, and if so then I welcome it if it'll bring change to the club.

broncoman

Juniors
salivor said:
It's not often that we agree but I've never been angrier at the club than after today. This is harder to swallow than the Melbourne loss last year, harder to swallow than the 8 straight losses in 2003 and certainly harder to swallow than our previous 5 end of season slumps.

It's time for heads to roll and personally missing the 8 may be what it takes, and if so then I welcome it if it'll bring change to the club.
exactly, too many people at the club seem to be unwilling to move out of their comfort zone, Brisbane have always been a strange club in that they traditionally were so far away from the spotlight in Sydney and they could go about things their own way, unfotunately modern day rugby league wont allow Brisbane to continue doing things the same way and until there are changes we wont be successful.

broncoman

Juniors
Dazzat said:
What are you gonna say next week Broncobutt if the boys win against the Storm?
nice play on words, how long did that take to come up with?

from reading the other threads it seems you are missing the point of the critisisim coming from some of the supporters, we aren't just having a whinge because we lost a game, it's just gotten to a point where as a fan we are expecting to lose our next match, given the talent and results brisbane have always had its not a nice situation to be in.
i think you'll find most of us arent being negative but rather just realists...

salivor

First Grade
Don't waste your breath, apparently we're fair-weather for having a differing opinion. Apparently we're fair-weather for expecting our club, a club that is one of only a few clubs that actually turns in a profit each year, a club that leads the league in crowd averages, a club that has 15 players on it's books with representative experience to not die in the arse for the 6th year in the row.

parra pete

Referee
parra pete said:
Parra pete, were you even alive when the eels last won a comp?
Enjoy Brett Finch for 2007

* Manly will make the top 4
* Melbourne will make the 8 CORRECT
* Sharks will be bottom 3 WRONG
* NZ will win the spoon WRONG
* Inglis will be a QLD player CORRECT
* Qld win origin 2-1 CORRECT...@#$% YEAH
* Parramatta vs Brisbane in the GF WRONG

You obviously think the Broncos are Gooooone judging by your last prediction...and your answer...

Pleased to see you have amended your last prediction.....

This underperforming is hard to swallow. But what makes it very bitter is the club isn't even acknowledging the problem. That to me is the real sting in the tail.

Ponkers

Juniors
Rastus_in_Melbourne said:
This underperforming is hard to swallow. But what makes it very bitter is the club isn't even acknowledging the problem. That to me is the real sting in the tail.

I agree with that fully. If you don't acknowledge the problem, how the hell can you fix it? Wayne Bennett insists this isn't a 'slump'. How do we get out of a slump if our coach doesn't think we are in one?

Admit to the problem and DO SOMETHING Wayne, for the sake of the Broncos and all of your supporters.