What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could it happen again?

parra pete

Referee
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.. The balloon has burst..........
All sing....."When the form tumbles down in July".........

Ghoulies

Bench
parra pete said:
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.. The balloon has burst..........
All sing....."When the form tumbles down in July".........
And your point is?

We're in the slide, the fans have acknowledged it; you're not exactly inciting anger by stating the blatantly obvious.

Somebody shoot me in the head.

You could tell in the first 10 mins that Wests were there to play and Brisbane were there to put in the least amount of effort they could.

The effort in the second half was a lot better but we looked pretty predictable. Frankly, if Wests had been more disciplined and not given away penalities then we would have looked really bad.

Hey, it's ok though, Bennett will have some excuse.

Oh , one thing. I will give credit to Minto for his running the ball back at the line very hard and having some impact doing it. Never seen him do it that hard before, so I'll give him a tick for that despite an error or 2.

But the culture is gone in Brisbane. It's not the 90s anymore.

balmainbenny

Juniors
Bad luck Broncos.

Im so frikkin happy that we won, but I do like the Broncs.

I hope you snap out of it and kick some sydney ass (except the tigs, of course)

parra pete

Referee
Ghoulies said:
And your point is?

We're in the slide, the fans have acknowledged it; you're not exactly inciting anger by stating the blatantly obvious.

The question the thread asks is "Could it happen again"???
Is this thread only for people to answer NO...

I am not trying to incite anger..Just musing as to why these collapses occur?
Do you have an answer?????

Why is it the Bronco lose all form in the run to the finals..Is it a mental thing???
It is HAPPENING again in 2006.....btw...

Meanie

Juniors
parra pete said:
The question the thread asks is "Could it happen again"???
Is this thread only for people to answer NO...

I am not trying to incite anger..Just musing as to why these collapses occur?
Do you have an answer?????

Why is it the Bronco lose all form in the run to the finals..Is it a mental thing???
It is HAPPENING again in 2006.....btw...

The self belief and confidence just seem to go out the window and they start playing either stupidly, or far too reserved. I mean how many times today did the Broncos throw intercepts or with Parkers double movement, they just start trying too hard. They've gotta realise that without execution, effort means jack diddly squat.

parra pete

Referee
When is K Hunt back for the Bronco's. They are missing him....and surely there is a better winger in the joint then Scott Minto..
Pray nothing happens to S Webcke or D Lockyer...same as I am praying nothing happens to N Hindmarsh and N Cayless at the Eels. The loss of Fuifui will be massive for the Eels chances for the rest of the year. Just when they were getting on a roll...
Doesn't the form of all most Clubs rotate on the axis of several players who are vital to their premiership hopes! Interesting to see... Just adds to the pressure and excitement to the games and for the fans...

lockyno1

Post Whore
There is a better winger- Steve Michaels but Bennett refuses to play him. We'll be fine when Hunt comes back. Until then if we win 1 game I am happy. Perry should be back this week which means berrigan can go back to being a hooker where he is at his best.

Mr Saab

Referee
Hunt coming back isnt going to automatically switch the light on.
He will have been out for 2 months and will be rusty. It will take 2-3 weeks before he finds his form again and by then it will be too late.

Big Pete

Referee
Hunt will add more though IMO as he has that good combination with Lockyer. He returns Round 25 meaning he'll get some game time before the finals.

Perry coming back is a major boost.

broncoman

Juniors
we arent even going to make the finals at this rate, i suspected this might happen again this year but geez i was really hoping it wouldnt...

we have a good record in Canberra of late so this is a winable game but Canberra should start favourites...

The results in other matches went our way really, still 3rd but SFA form at the moment. This comp changes month to month so while at this point in time I'd say Brisbane will win 2 more games then crash in the finals again, anything can happen.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
well it's purely a mental thing from here on in. Against the storm they were beaten by the better team but put up a good effort. their display against the cowboys was shocking and despite being touched up yesterday there were still some good signs but the execution wasnt coming off.

what really has become obcvious over tyhe past efw eyars and it seems that nmothinsg been done to address this is that brisbane have almost ZERO second phase play. You rarely see any support players coming through and very few times do you see brisbane players looking to offload the ball (with the exception of hodges).

the bash and barge mentality works for half the season then stops working once everyone else realises thats what we're doing again. The try webcke scored came off an offload, but I reckon brisbane would be the lowest offloading team in the elague

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Leagueguy said:
Could someone get those offload statistics. I'd really like to see it.

having a quick look at the nrl site (which doesnt ahve team stats for offloads) I was looking at the comparison of the last round with individual stats and it seems brisbane actually ahd a lot of offloads against the tigers and looked like they offloaded more than a lot of other teams in the past round.

I would be inetrested in looking at any stats comparing teams anyone could find. could be that I'm completely wrong in my earlier statement, but it just seems to me that we dont offload much

Ponkers

Juniors
I agree with the lack of offloads (generally) and lack of support play. When someone makes a break he needs two men coming each side of him to take the pass. Lockyer was great at this when he was playing fullback and at times is still doing it from 5/8, but it needs to happen a whole lot more.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Peirced its probably because we dont capatilise from them as much as some other teams. They do it quite qa bit, but unlike say, teams like the tIgers would go and and break the line or score, we have not been. Usually this is due to a forward getting the ball and running straight back into the defensive line.

renouf

Juniors
Perry will make a difference.. I guarantee that much. Lockyer is playing out of position and its having a negative effect on our attack. Lockyer should rarely ever be at first receiver...