What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could Manly get both????

Special K

Coach
CC_Eagle said:
Torrens will retire at the end of this year so that will free up another 100-150K, and don't forget that McGuiness was on 350-380K.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Earl

Coach
Raider_69 said:
keeney said:
Big Mick said:
Potentially a really good team:

1. Stewart
2. Hicks
3. Tahu
4. Walker
5. Monoghan
6. Monoghan
7. Williams
8. Kite
9. Randell
10. King
11. Harris
12. Menzies
13. Kennedy

14. Haumoono
15. Heckenberg
16. Watmough
17. Donnelly

tahu is a mediocre centre, swap him with hicks

no swap him with monnas, monnas is a poor winger, he is a MUCH MUCH better centre.... but i think/hope/pray we will keep monnas :(

He has proved that this year. When he was on the wing he was solid without being exciting. Drop James Evans and move him to the centres and HELLO, he explodes.

Joel Monaghan is a centre :clap:

CC_Eagle said:
Torrens will retire at the end of this year so that will free up another 100-150K, and don't forget that McGuiness was on 350-380K.

There is no way McGuiness was on that much money. That would make him top 3 paid players in the game. Even Torrens isn't worth that much.

Jordovski

Juniors
McGuiness was on something stupidly ridiculous, but it wasn't $350k. I heard it was $250k, which I think is still too much for him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Southern Rooster said:
CC_Eagle said:

There is no way McGuiness was on that much money. That would make him top 3 paid players in the game. Even Torrens isn't worth that much.

actually they're right! McGuiness was on an unbelivable amount of money!! they were obviously that desperate for a centre at the time that they forked out on him.

Parra are about 800K to 1million under the Cap for next year! they will clean out a lot of crap at the end of the year as well let go some under achievers and I guess there's a lot of them. Riddell will take up 270K of that and they have made a big play on Tahu and Morrison.

legend

Coach
Too much money for a winger/centre who spends half the year on the sidelines with injury. Much like Ben Kennedy.

Langers

Juniors
Word is Williamson will be staying and I don't think the Manly club would let him go. He is a pretty underrated player but his efforts don't go unnoticed by most Manly fans.
If we are to sign both Tahu and Monaghan, Donald will without doubt be leaving, which is a loss but not as bad as most people might think.
I'm also hoping Manly sign Hoppa on match payments as an enforcer from the bench and to cover the wing position if needed to due to injuries.

OVP

Coach
legend said:
What about Jamie Lyon? If Parra get Tahu, they will almost certainly release Lyon from the remaining years of his contract and he would in turn sign with Manly.

You forgot the Rooster equation, Legend. We'll probably gazump Lyon right at the last minute with a 10 year 10 million dollar contract(paid for by Uncle Nick's gardener, Spiros Politisakithi) :lol:

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Langers said:
I very much doubt Parra would offer any more than $300K. $400K is simply ridiculous.

well Parra's backs play like they are on $2.40 contracts....i'm sure they have the dough!

HOT028

Juniors
i thought he left the tigers because maly offered more money i believe he was on $250k at the tigers

greeneyed

First Grade
And Monaghan has indicated on Canberra TV news his choice is between the Raiders and the Roosters. Manly will miss out.

groggo

Juniors
OVP said:
legend said:
What about Jamie Lyon? If Parra get Tahu, they will almost certainly release Lyon from the remaining years of his contract and he would in turn sign with Manly.

You forgot the Rooster equation, Legend. We'll probably gazump Lyon right at the last minute with a 10 year 10 million dollar contract(paid for by Uncle Nick's gardener, Spiros Politisakithi) :lol:

:badgrin: heheh ovp that was a classic

Tahu going to Manly would be a huge boost...they are putting together a good side but don't have the depth to threaten the top sides.

;-)