What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could the scandal actually help?

kruzin

Juniors
What i see here, is now Melbourne and all of Victoria rallying to keep their team, and rallying to keep NRL down there, they blame David Gallop for the punishment (which i totally agree was 110% correct) & are in denial, but...the publicity has being bringing AFL fans and people who know nothing about NRL to rally for their state and side..will this publicity and that strengthen Melbourne? Will it promote NRL even more?

Maybe its a conspiracy and there was no rort at all, its just a big promotion thing..(doubt it)

Just a theory...

flamin

Juniors
It'd still be better for them if it never happened at all in their immediate future.

The long run will tell how the story ends.

Thought the future has changed so completely we will never know.

FamilyFirst

Juniors
What i see here, is now Melbourne and all of Victoria rallying to keep their team, and rallying to keep NRL down there, they blame David Gallop for the punishment (which i totally agree was 110% correct) & are in denial, but...the publicity has being bringing AFL fans and people who know nothing about NRL to rally for their state and side..will this publicity and that strengthen Melbourne? Will it promote NRL even more?

Maybe its a conspiracy and there was no rort at all, its just a big promotion thing..(doubt it)

Just a theory...

You nailed it kruzin! Everyone will be goin' crazy for the storm now. Who wouldn't want to be associated with a bunch of cheats? Any publicity is good publicity!

stormbati

Bench
Everyone in the country knows who the storm are. They see the jersey or logo or hear the name they will know! That's awareness if you ask me.
There's so much interest in the game tomorrow. There's so much interest what happens now, even from outsiders.
The way the players and fans have united, they could actually wake Melbourne up.

bobbis

Juniors
There might be interest for a couple of weeks while the scandal drags on. There might be some show of solidarity too. After that though.... what happens when the media attention dies down which eventually it will, they'll be left with a team playing for nothing.

stormbati

Bench
There might be interest for a couple of weeks while the scandal drags on. There might be some show of solidarity too. After that though.... what happens when the media attention dies down which eventually it will, they'll be left with a team playing for nothing.
Yes, and when it gets to that point, the Nrl will be f**ked. Theyve gotta come up with something so that the Storm are competing, otherwise, therell be more harm than good.

Plus, most of Melbourne didnt know who the Storm were before this happened. Now the whole country know who they are. This is given them massive exposure.

nqcowboy87

Bench
Plus, most of Melbourne didnt know who the Storm were before this happened. Now the whole country know who they are. This is given them massive exposure.

yeh but alot of people whove have just found out about the storm think the whole club is a bunch of criminals and dont like them

Latest posts