What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could we have played worse and won?

I cannot comprehend how there are already calls for people to be dropped or whatever the gibberish was #-o . It is the first round, we got 2 points, what's the problem? We beat the team that is favoured for the top 4. I read a post earlier saying we played the same as last year....and? Problem? None I see. If it was that bad you would think that the dragons would of beaten us, but no, we smashed them. Sure Marty had a shocker when attempting boot-to-ball contact, but that's to be expected. Has there been a first game of the year for a while where that has not happened? I can't remember one. We normally miss a kick or two for touch early in the season, it happens. Those whinging about Marty obviously didn't see how much work he did. The little bloke kept getting smashed when attempting tackles. One shot on Bailey produced a big slap between heads, but he kept soldiering on. He played a lot of the second half pretty groggy from the big hits he was taking, and performed admirably in my opinion. Whoever is whinging give yourselves one gigantic uppercut. 2 points is 2 points.

How good was Schif? He was tremendous once more, but what more do we expect?

The thing I loved was how quiet the st george 'army' were the whole game. After reading some of their thoughts about the SGB last week, it was interesting to hear nothing but perhaps 3 'St George' chants, and that was it. For the 60 or more raiders fans on the hill, we outplayed them in the fan stakes as well. Then on the radio ESPN washup thingy with the fat man, we were blamed for booing at half time. But it was the grandstand that was doing the booing. I rang 'em up and set them straight, what did we have to boo at half time for? We were winning, they agreed with me :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
well team after this week- i got a party going on ill be saving some cash to get the meterial for a banner about Ben Cross

it will be in full swing in rd8 v the roosters 8)

anyone know the best way to go about making one?

edabomb

First Grade
yea it reminds me alot of last season, we put a team off their game. name a side that played well against us last year - penrith did once and melbourne did everytime. aslong as they win its alllll gooooood

Raider_69

Post Whore
it was a scrappy win, but thats to be expected in rd 1
its a good sign that we can play shithouse and still win, that differentiates the best from the good, Roosters did it and so did we 8)

I will expect a better effort this week, no one should really deserves to be dropped but Lawrance will if Drew is fit

Macca will definatly have to have a better kicking game this week, but im sure he is working on that :mrgreen:

brenno

Juniors
to be fair to marty his kicking game wasnt too bad in the 1st half. His bomb that the dragons winger dropped was a beauty and a couple of grubbers in the goal that forced repeat sets were pretty good as well. His 2nd half exhibition though was disgraceful, except for the matchwinner grubber in behind the line. Still, i hope he kicks well throughout the entire match this friday night.