What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could we still end up with inglis???

Tony Bongo

Bench
After Crowe announced it to his Hollywood mates and the world on US TV there's no way Inglis won't be a bunny next year. If possible Crowe will look like a bigger goose than he already does.
The question is who will leave the burrow to make room for Inglis and his ego.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ingliss wants to be a bunny and they want him, no way he will play anywhere else.

They will sell off players rather than not sign Ingliss.

BJP76A

Juniors
Just to let him know what a goose he is Parramatta should publicly offer him a 1 year 200k deal with a performance based 2 year extension at 500k a season and he is welcome to negotiate his own third party deals.

Under no circumstances should Parramatta or any other club with room under the cap offer any of the players that souths want to release any sort of exit, they are under contract to souths and souths should be forced to honour them, of course they are more than welcome to come here if souths cap money is still paying for them !

Gaffman

Juniors
Inglis is just a silly fat wanker with a decent fend.

I wouldn't mind seeing Crocker in blue n' gold. We could have some of the best depth in forwards in the league.

But common, we all know which Bunny we really want.... Isaac Luke!!!! He's a mate of Kearney's after all...

don't want Crocker on $300k but, $150k maybe, he misses more games than he plays.
Issac Luke is the player we should get, Ozzie should ring Luke's manager and tell him he is welcome here on a 5 year deal for $400k a year.

Noise

Coach
Just to clarify:

If no other nrl club wants either champion, lowe or crocker for their asking price, and/or those players dont want to leave because they are under contract , then souths are forced to keep them, inglis is still contracted to the storm for 2011 and then they r over the salary cap again??? Man that would be sweet:lol::lol:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Just to clarify:

If no other nrl club wants either champion, lowe or crocker for their asking price, and/or those players dont want to leave because they are under contract , then souths are forced to keep them, inglis is still contracted to the storm for 2011 and then they r over the salary cap again??? Man that would be sweet:lol::lol:

Yes then they might have to release Cronk to us. Well we can dream.

Bigfella

Coach
I can't see any club doing souths favours here.

No one will pay the overs souths have apparently paid for the players they are reportedly tryig to offload. A few clubs - like us - may be hoping to nab a cronk or Luke by forcin souths or melbourne to free up space.

Plus if
nothing else no other club will want to do anything to help souths actually get inglis.

I think we've played it right. I also reckon Luke or cronk would do us a lot more good than a questionably motivated inglis.

lingard

Coach
All this stuff sounds very interesting. But Parramatta needs one top-class centre and one top-class half or five-eight. Beau Champion is one of the best centres running around and would be far better value than Inglis. I`m sure the Cowboys would just love to sign Champion now that Tate is out for the year. I say grab him quick.

Noise

Coach
All this stuff sounds very interesting. But Parramatta needs one top-class centre and one top-class half or five-eight. Beau Champion is one of the best centres running around and would be far better value than Inglis. I`m sure the Cowboys would just love to sign Champion now that Tate is out for the year. I say grab him quick.

I was thinking the cowboys would be pretty keen for champion too, but they still have to pay for tate even though he is unlikely to play much (if at all) so i can't see how they would have that much left in the salary cap to afford champion

Agent Mulder

Bench
No you haven't, there is no end to the depth of what Parramatta fans think.:sarcasm:

Nothing wrong with depth mate, These players arent on big contracts if they dont work out then cut them.

I have no issues with players we have signed.

I remember when Moi Moi was a nothing player until he came to Parra and now i think alot of teams wouldnt mind having him on there roster.

Galeforce

Bench
Eels can take gamble and buy noone hoping to get Luke or Inglis , they may end up with none.
Chances are Lowe to Melbourne, Champion to Cowboys and Crocker to Sharks , which allows Souths to close on Inglis and then Luke .

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Nothing wrong with depth mate, These players arent on big contracts if they dont work out then cut them.

I have no issues with players we have signed.

I remember when Moi Moi was a nothing player until he came to Parra and now i think alot of teams wouldnt mind having him on there roster.

My comment was not directed at the depth of our squad/s and yes, I agree with you, the more depth we build up all the better. I think it is great we are getting a stack of quality players on budget prices, and I think we should go after a few more like Ben Lowe & Michael Crocker, if they are on no more than $150k. Front loading our contracts is working to our advantage too.

The players we should try to get for the next 3 to 5 years are Issac Luke ($350k/$400k), Quade Cooper ($500k 3rd party deals to cover up to $200k) & Cooper Cronk ($400k). Otherwise get Greg Inglis if he decides to stay with the NRL and can't join Souths.

Whatever happens, it seems more than likely that we are going to score a few top class players shortly.

Last edited:

dazeely

First Grade
Correct me if im wrong isnt Walker faster then Reddy??

I think Walker will do better next year then alot of people think.

Well let him prove it first before replacing one of our most consistent and reliable players in reddy.

And who cares if he's faster. Means jack sh*t IMO.