What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covell Goalkicking Record Countdown

Corbin

Juniors
As much as i cant stand the Covell Brigade i'm giving him a Leyton Hewitt "cmon" every time he gets it through the posts.
Thats what BBSF 27 in a row?

I'd like more than anything to see him beat one of my hated players ever record

I cant believe im saying this but...

Go Covell!

Corbin

Slappy

Juniors
I'd like to see Covell do it too!
Regardless of the nonsense that goes on around here, Covell is a no nonsense hard worker with an exceptional boot. Good luck to him, and the sharkies.

Frederick

Staff member
I hope he fails. The last thing we need around here is more material for the cWo to wank over :|

Corbin

Juniors
im pretty sure El Masri holds it with 36 he beat Henry Paul who had it with 35 (i could be COMPLETELTY wrong on this!)

mattyg

Bench
El Masri got 35 in a row...the sooner Covell misses one the better. Things around here will be horrible if he breaks the record. Jee i hate the cWo

mattyg

Bench
haha i think its great. Bulldogs/Roosters rivalry seems to be back. Something the comp has been lacking the past 2 years since the grand final haha. i cant wait for the game tomorrow. Morley is fired up and so is our Big Willie. Should be an awesome game

aussies1st

Staff member
I thought there was some guy that beat Hazem record a few days or maybe a week later.

Mr Saab

Referee
aussies1st said:
I thought there was some guy that beat Hazem record a few days or maybe a week later.

Maybe, but the ARL/NRL record is 35 in a row. El Masri set that vs the eagles.
What happens overseas with records is irrelevant.

I hope Covell misses soon

salivor

First Grade
Will he even get enough shots this season to break the record the way the Sharks are going lol?

Inferno

Coach
He will, but it will probably take till the last round. He would have 31 in a row if it wasn't for Albert meandering away after making a break instead of putting the foot down.

stormman

Juniors
It is Barry Eaton who hold the record with 36. He played for Batley in England's NL1 comp. He beat El Masri about 3 month after EL MASRI did hes.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
The thing is that El Masri did it in completely different circumstances.

Covell is just out there kicking for the fun of it, because he knows the Sharks are so bad that 2 points will hardly make a difference in the scheme of things.

As soon as the pressure is on, Covell will choke. That is why El Masri is so much better - he actually performs when its really necessary.

Covell might be able to kick a goal, but he can't handle pressure situations.

Inferno

Coach
bigdogsgottaeat said:
The thing is that El Masri did it in completely different circumstances.

Covell is just out there kicking for the fun of it, because he knows the Sharks are so bad that 2 points will hardly make a difference in the scheme of things.

As soon as the pressure is on, Covell will choke. That is why El Masri is so much better - he actually performs when its really necessary.

Covell might be able to kick a goal, but he can't handle pressure situations.

Yeah just like players score tries "for fun" :roll:

stormman

Juniors
jason taylor said:
Henry Paul Got like 40 in a row in the ESL before going to Union

Henry Paul was the record holder when El Masri passed henry and then Barry Eaton passed el masri not long after

Latest posts