What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

COVID-19

simmo1

First Grade
If what they have been saying (at WT's) is true, we may be one of the few clubs to survive?

That'd be right. All the other clubs get to merge/relocate into super clubs, while we get to make up the numbers playing out of Campbelltown.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If Tigers end up going bust over the next few months, it is only fitting that the final game typified their existence over the last 20 years.

Theclub has been fairly boastful about our financial position I’ve the past 2-3 years. From memory we are one of only a handful of clubs whose football department made a (very small) profit. This is all without the funding of A Balmain Leagues Club too and I believe little to no input from the Wests Clubs as they control the Juniors.

As of mid 2021 we will also have the COE which will be close to if not the best facilities in the game.

Big clubs like Penrith, Eels and Dogs would have to be at risk as their football clubs lose Millions every year yet the Leagues Clubs prop them up. From memory the Eels lost like $9mil last year. Now guess what is also closed? Yep, no more pokies bailing you out.

Note - some of this could be wrong, I’m going off memory from an article or two I read last year

axl rose

Bench
Wasted all their tv money on huge over-inflated player salaries. And how did the NRL manage to burn through 100 million for their digital arm myspace page? the videos don't even load half the time, Jamie Soward is one of their presenters and who is worth about two bucks a year and their staff writers are worse than News Ltd.

Baffling. Empty Greenbergs pockets, that money has to be hiding somewhere.

Last edited:

Rhyno

First Grade
Well looks like Mitchy and Matto have won a premiership with parra we were in first place when season canceled

There might be a few clubs who will have to take a holiday for awhile, even post-virus, but eventually the rivers of gold will flow again. the fat ceo in his Mercedes duck class.

As @stryker might agree, the only mystery is why it took so long to suspend it and why so many players etc were put at risk when the evidence was clear as day, it was out of control, at least two or three weeks ago.

And then the boofs blame state governments when they should have acted at the first sign the bastard thing was called bad over in the people’s republic of China.

In the real world:

We were all sent home and I think the sackings are on the cards. Kinda times like this when the powers that be are getting more vigilant about staff and effort. So pull thy finger out!

Get onto to your bank and anyone you owe money to and tell them things are tough. Get as many breaks as you can...because cash is going to be king for awhile.

The next government measures will be curfew and restrictions on local travel. They might road block suburbs to keep people in and out. They will define emergency and essential services more thoroughly. Cops will get new powers. Laws are being written. Schools will have to shut down. Courts etc can’t cope ( 1 million people use nsw courts every year), so big changes for awhile, so long as we get our freedoms back.

Theres some supply chain issues, but so far as I’ve heard and read we are a long long way from famine and running out of medicines etc. I think I made an earlier point that if you can afford it, try to eat well as it generally helps the immune system ( without stopping the virus).

The league will be back. I’d say a salary cap drop of 70% minimum, match payments etc. I mean some of the salaries are outrageous anyway.

Nothing much anyone can do about it for the foreseeable future.

No point being anxious. Be careful and try to avoid getting the virus so long as possible to help others.

If anybody is scared, our deaths are very low and declining per diagnosis. So forget this Italy comparison nonsense. Just focus on what you can do, something you can control.

If you get it, you would be very unlucky to pass away. It’s a strange thing. Healthy young people can die from it, aged sick people can survive it with little or no effect although the overwhelming number of people are older. But it’s not inevitable is my point.

Indonesia is doing it tougher than many.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Linseed boys and girls ...Thats what’s going to save you especially smokers .. ...It actually mends the lungs ...check the research they’ve done the experiments on rats lungs they dropped acid or whatever on ....grind it in a grinder 5 generous tablespoons a day in your “quick 2 minute” porridge ...Ive heard it also generates the female hormone Estrogen but if your alive with tits after this nightmare don’t worry there’s always the women’s comp you can follow..I’m back on it

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
The game is over for now, but...
LeagueUnlimited Team | March 23 2020 7:59PM

While rugby league takes an enforced break due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we're still here and we're gonna keep on keeping on as long as we can.

Yes, the NRL season was suspended today, along with previous announcements from the NSWRL, QRL and UK leagues, but LeagueUnlimited.com is soldiering on.

The first thing? Our forums are still here. They're the biggest around, and they're online 24/7. And there's more than just footy to talk about too.

As for the website, we're still going to be bringing you a bunch of content as the new normal evolves. Opinion pieces, analysis, news from around the NRL and its clubs, and of course rolling updates on the COVID-19 pandemic and what it means for the NRL, as it comes to hand.

For now - you can look back through several years of match reports here, check out the "Rugby League: That's The Way It Was" podcast here, and 22+ seasons of NRL results here.

And of course - you can follow us on Twitter right here.

At LU, we have a team of fantastic, passionate and committed live bloggers and writers and from time to time they'll be sharing their views on the game - including the current lockdown - so keep an eye out, right here, on LeagueUnlimited.com.

Most importantly - stay safe, stay healthy, and PLEASE listen to and follow government advice. We need to do everything we can to curb the spread of COVID-19. The sooner we do, the sooner the footy is back.

- Yours in rugby league
LeagueUnlimited.com

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34525-the-game-is-over-for-now-but/

Linseed boys and girls ...Thats what’s going to save you especially smokers .. ...It actually mends the lungs ...check the research they’ve done the experiments on rats lungs they dropped acid or whatever on ....grind it in a grinder 5 tablespoons a day in your “quick 2 minute” porridge ...Ive heard it also generates the female hormone Estrogen but if your alive with tits after this nightmare don’t worry there’s always the women’s comp you can follow..I’m back on it

Working from home. Kids trying to second the work laptop. Begone spawn of evil!

Home school.

One rule is no games and crap until after 3.00.

No fraternising with other kids during the day, unless it’s an essential service.

I will move to curfew later on.

I’m expecting to make plenty of arrests in the first day.

I’m sure @Rhyno has a few old plastic raincoats for protection left over from his days as the Cumberland Flasher.

Open his raincoat and there’s a picture of ray price being carried off after origin. I won’t disclose what the eel is.

Momo stuck in Melbourne.

Linseed boys and girls ...Thats what’s going to save you especially smokers .. ...It actually mends the lungs ...check the research they’ve done the experiments on rats lungs they dropped acid or whatever on ....grind it in a grinder 5 generous tablespoons a day in your “quick 2 minute” porridge ...Ive heard it also generates the female hormone Estrogen but if your alive with tits after this nightmare don’t worry there’s always the women’s comp you can follow..I’m back on it

@WA Tiger shout out to our friends closing their borders to keep us out. So much for our Commonwealth!

Ok I am giving it a try for fun. $3.30 a packet at Woolies. It tastes ok, lmouth guard flavour after the fifth game. Still, why waste a good wives tale!

I’d be ok to turn into a women for a few months so long there’s social distancing and the missus didn’t turn.

But if I turn into a rat, I may have to report your post to one of beloved mods.

We don’t need the fat police sargeant out there keeping the nsw curfew, we just need @macnaz and his team of forum informants keeping the peace on the high street.

I get around the forum, they’ve got undercover mods out there boys. Keep it clean, your next post could be your last!

axl rose

Bench
haha been self-isolating for a few days have we

Last edited: