What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys are the NRL darlings

Fairfax

Juniors
Why is their no outrage at Aaron Payne representing the club at the captain's call?

He's not the captain.

Can anybody else remember the hiding Freddie Fittler took when he didn't go and the club sent Ricketson. This forum went off. The Telegraph attacked the club.

Where is the outrage now?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If you want to be picky, Asotasi and/or Kidwell should've shown their face alongside or in place of Cusack too.... :crazy:

ByRd

First Grade
I was wondering this when i saw Payne there, why was he there and not Thurston???

nqboy

First Grade
Fairfax said:
Why is their no outrage at Aaron Payne representing the club at the captain's call?

He's not the captain.

Can anybody else remember the hiding Freddie Fittler took when he didn't go and the club sent Ricketson. This forum went off. The Telegraph attacked the club.

Dunno, start some.

Fairfax

Juniors
Timmah said:
If you want to be picky, Asotasi and/or Kidwell should've shown their face alongside or in place of Cusack too.... :crazy:

No, they sent their captain... As much as I love to bag the Bunnies, they did meet their obligations.

innsaneink

Referee
Freddie was sitting in a pool next door at the SCG with the captains at the sfs...I guess Thursty had some other commitments maybe something to do with Dally Ms....didnt even notice tbh

Fairfax

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Freddie was sitting in a pool next door at the SCG with the captains at the sfs...I guess Thursty had some other commitments maybe something to do with Dally Ms....didnt even notice tbh

That'd be favourable treatment from News Ltd, wouldn't it, if that was the case. It's a bit hypocritical isn't it?

Quidgybo

Bench
innsaneink said:
....didnt even notice tbh
And there's the answer to the question posed by this thread. Far from being the darlings of the comp or igniting outrage, everybody is far too busy ignoring them - even as we move into the final weeks of the season.

Leigh.

beave

Coach
Fairfax said:

He's not the captain.

Moron.

So monday the captains have to have their media $hit done at the SFS, so more than likely Thurston would have had to have flown down Sunday night for the monday morning crap, then hang around til tuesday night for the Dally M's, and then get back to townsville wednesday midday or there abouts?? U honestly think the cowboys would let their best player/halfback/captain be away from training and so forth for nearly 4 days in a row at finals time??? It was done to share the burden of absence.

Who gives a $hit if he wasn't there to get his photo taken, Let's get real pedantic eh?? was lockyer there for brisbane??? No but Petro was, but remember he doesn't stay on the field the whole game, so brisbane are going to have to send down yet another player as well who takes over when Petro isn't there and so on. You are whinging about sweet F A. Payney is also in the NRL ad that has been playing all year lifting the trophy up, I bet you didn't notice, but the same thing applies WHO CARES!!!!. As long as their is someone down there to represent the team, that's all that matters.

beave

Coach
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
no he's only the prop and captain of the year. easily replaceable

major difference between the game of a halfback and a prop. Does price call all the shots/ organise in attack??

Price is an awesome player, but there is a major difference between the 2 positions.

Latest posts