What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys dont deserve to be premiers!!

Pantherjim.

Referee
LRC said:
Im sorry to any cow cow fans...i do like the team and what they bring to the game...but.... really...they dont deserve to be there.
There form all year has been up and down... they have not been consistant enough and have been given a couple of floggings including one just a couple of weeks ago.

You don't win the Telstra cup for consistency. That's what the Top 8 and the finals are all about. To give the premiership to the team that has the courage, strength and tenacity to go on with it and win the title.

If Parramatta, as Minor Premiers were going to launch themselves into the Grand Final, they should have played like Minor Premiers on the day and not get beaten 29-Zip! :lol:

having said that I have sympathy for Parra supporters, but you've gotta admit guys, the better team won on the day and they definately deserve their Grand Final Berth.

If you're looking for someone to blame, blame the players and Brian Smith, not the system!

Pantherjim.

QldRabbit

Juniors
This is the most stupid thread in the history of the world wide web. For anyone to get on here and say teams who are in the GF don't deserve it need to have a good hard look at themselves. St George and Parramatta were the form teams YES, but stumbled at the last post. Thats the beauty of this years season, there has been twist after twist. The Cowboys deserve to be there as do the Tigers, they have worked hard, recruited well and have obviously put in place a long term plan to restore or gain a competitive team in the NRL. I think it's great that two teams that no one expected to make the GF are there, rather than ovious two and the other six making up the numbers.

Nickeel

Juniors
QldRabbit said:
I think it's great that two teams that no one expected to make the GF are there, rather than ovious two and the other six making up the numbers.

Um, explain this bit again? :lol:

Nick

lotti

Bench
Parramatta and St George Illawarra didn't play like the number 1 and 2 teams in the comp on the week-end the curse of having a week off caught up with them pure and simple but for the minor premiers not to score a point against the number 5 team in the comp, that's laughable.

Mr Saab

Referee
lotti said:
Parramatta and St George Illawarra didn't play like the number 1 and 2 teams in the comp on the week-end the curse of having a week off caught up with them pure and simple but for the minor premiers not to score a point against the number 5 team in the comp, that's laughable.

whats laughable is that god wasted putting some kind of brain in your head.

there is no "weel off curse"
Since 1999 the teams that have had a week off have won 7 and lost 7.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Barry Mundi said:

Barry Mundi said:
Let's forget reality and go back to pre school rules to solve it for all the people with blinkers on by just pretending they didn't thrash the eels on sunday.

It's got nothing to do with the mcyntyre system, it's just a basic fact that most parra supporters can't accept they copped a hiding.

Both the players, and supporters were too cocky and were caught on the their back foot and now want someone or something to vent their anger on.

It could have just as easily tipped the way. The cowboys found their rythym after a nervous start, the eels didn't

If you can't deal with it, don't display your lack of self discipline & childlike understanding of real life situations on the internet, ring up and have a private conversation with someone from over here

Your post was directed at LRC. Go read it if you have forgotten.

lotti

Bench
yeah but LRC wasn't labeled a Parra fan in that post. El Diablo the Eels are out 2 players already next year, Marsh has been suspended for 2 weeks.

Nickeel

Juniors
Barry Mundi said:

To be honest, you didn't 'claim' LRC was a Parramatta fan, but it was your unveiled insinuation. You said that Parramatta lost, and if he couldn't handle it he should talk to someone at Lifeline.

Nick

Jobdog

Live Update Team
LRC said:
Im sorry to any cow cow fans...i do like the team and what they bring to the game...but.... really...they dont deserve to be there.
There form all year has been up and down... they have not been consistant enough and have been given a couple of floggings including one just a couple of weeks ago.

The cow cows have no where near been as good as the other 3 teams and yet are potential champions.Even the Broncos and Storm have been better most the year.

Is it time to go to a premier league system to reward the true champions who back up week in and out??
I dont know..
I do like the finals series, and the premiers and grandinalists of the last few years have been worthy ...but if the tigers arent premiers this year, then a great injustice will have been done.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....both teams turn up and play your hearts out.
Something we havent seen consistantly all season even as late as last week.
You really are kidding urself arent u. The Cowboys aren't a worthy premiership winning team??? FFS they just smashed the minor premiers and the team who thought would win the whole freaking competition. Sure they have been inconsistent, but to say they're not a worthy possible premiership winning side is an absolute joke. Give urself a triple :arrow:

El Diablo

Post Whore
lotti said:
yeah but LRC wasn't labeled a Parra fan in that post. El Diablo the Eels are out 2 players already next year, Marsh has been suspended for 2 weeks.

IMO he was or why mention it?

Nickeel

Juniors
lotti said:

A joke... but he can serve them in the NRL-sanctioned preseason trials, anyway.

Nick

JJ

Immortal
UndertakerMike said:
I'd agree with that if they didn't lose by 44 in week one.

The AFL finals system is the best top 4 then 4-8 play each other.

Back to the Cows If the beat the Tigers...... then htey deserve it.
Suffer to the teams that blew there chance (Storm included).

but that game wasn't a must win game (at least not unless later results went against them)

Cowboys and Tigers won when it counted... it's not likely to be 44 points this weekend

Snoop

Coach
LRC said:

The cow cows have no where near been as good as the other 3 teams and yet are potential champions.Even the Broncos and Storm have been better most the year.

Is it time to go to a premier league system to reward the true champions who back up week in and out??
I dont know..
I do like the finals series, and the premiers and grandinalists of the last few years have been worthy ...but if the tigers arent premiers this year, then a great injustice will have been done.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....both teams turn up and play your hearts out.
Something we havent seen consistantly all season even as late as last week.

Teams don't accidently make it to the grand final.

strong_latte

Juniors
I don't think you can say they don't deserve to be there purely on consistancy... both the Tigers and cowboys lost 10 of their 24 matches this year and therefore whoever wins will rank up there as being one of the least consistant premiers in league history. But that doesn't mean they're not worthy premiers, in fact I'd argue that having a Tigers V Cowboys GF couldn't have been a worthier result for such a topsy turvy season! It started with upsets and has ended with upsets... basically this year has been the year of the forgotton form guide! I love it!

lotti

Bench
Yeah, Melbourne could be playing the Tigers not the Cowboys if they had've won against the Cowboys.

Latest posts