What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys team for this week

Eelementary

Post Whore
Smartman said:
Very strong looking cowboys outfit, the eels have the honor of facing them.

Matty Bowen, Williams and Thurston are going to have a field day

icon6.gif

Cowboys 38 Eels 14

Yep.

Just like they did the last time they came to Sydney and faced an under-strength Eels team.

You should run for Parliament.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Eelementary said:
Yep.

Just like they did the last time they came to Sydney and faced an under-strength Eels team.

Naw, even he is too intellegent for Canberra

Smartman

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Yep.

A normal round is much different than a PRELIM FINAL.

Who cares if Parramatta beat them in a game that had much less meaning than sundays game will.

Im pretty sure the cowboys werent at full strength either and were terribly out of form.

Smartman

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
Naw, even he is too intellegent for Canberra

Thats the smartest thing a parramatta fan has said on these forums or it was a bad case of sarcasm.

But im sure you meant it
icon14.gif

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
ii dont rreally think there team is that good but they can score from anywhere with guys like bowen
i think we should win but they do have enough game breakers to make this interestnig

Smartman

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
ii dont rreally think there team is that good but they can score from anywhere with guys like bowen
i think we should win but they do have enough game breakers to make this interestnig

Fairweather fan, a disgrace to the sharks.

Well the Sharks and the eels do have lots in common, both on pretty big streaks when it comes to premierships
icon6.gif

Eelementary

Post Whore
Smartman said:
A normal round is much different than a PRELIM FINAL.

Who cares if Parramatta beat them in a game that had much less meaning than sundays game will.

Im pretty sure the cowboys werent at full strength either and were terribly out of form.

Uh huh.

You keep telling yourself that.

It doesn't matter if it was a Grand Final or a regular match - we were without Hindmarsh, Morrison, Tahu, Grothe and Stringer.

They had Webb, Thurston, Rauhihi and co.

They had a stronger team.

We still put 50 on them.

I know that FACTS aren't good enough for you, but them's the facts.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Smartman said:
Fairweather fan, a disgrace to the sharks.

Well the Sharks and the eels do have lots in common, both on pretty big streaks when it comes to premierships
icon6.gif

Oh. No. Please stop. Your insults hurt so much.

I could resort to your level and retort to idiotic and petty insults.

But seeing as you feed off it it would be of no use.

wally80

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Brenton Bowen won't play, he hasn't been fit for weeks and just missed the QRL Grand Final. They'll play Jensen in the centres if (when) Hannay pulls out.

Brenton Bowen isn't injured, he didn't play in the QRL grand final because he had played too many NRL games this year. It would be a bit of a worry though if he did play because he wouldn't have the match fitness.

Nickeel

Juniors
Smartman said:

They were at full strength and celebrating the fact they were in outright first place on the ladder for the first time in their history.

Either you're pretending to be stupid or.... God forbid....

Nick

Smartman

Juniors
Nickeel said:
They were at full strength and celebrating the fact they were in outright first place on the ladder for the first time in their history.

Either you're pretending to be stupid or.... God forbid....

Nick

So you think it will be a ride in the park for the eels this time around....LOL

This is a game most experts and the general public expecting a Parramatta whitewash. Thats the beauty of this game, the underdog usually gets up.

Nickeel

Juniors
Smartman said:
So you think it will be a ride in the park for the eels this time around....LOL

Hold on a sec, I'll just open my mouth a bit wider so you can shove some more words in.

Smartman said:
This is a game most experts and the general public expecting a Parramatta whitewash. Thats the beauty of this game, the underdog usually gets up.

It will be a tough game for a while (it IS a Preliminary Final) but Parramatta are a fantastic, well-drilled side who are too determined not to let this rare opportunity slip. I personally believe it will only be experts :lol: such as yourself that will look silly when we lift up Norm and Arthur on Sunday week.

Nick

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Smartman said:
the underdog usually gets up.

i believe that's a common misconception. it's more memorable when the underdog gets up and it happens often enough to make it seem (to some) that it happens the majority of the time, but i doubt that's the case in reality (unless it's a certain ref). happy to proven wrong though, if you have stats to back up your claim.

Smartman

Juniors
eloquentEEL said:
i believe that's a common misconception. it's more memorable when the underdog gets up and it happens often enough to make it seem (to some) that it happens the majority of the time, but i doubt that's the case in reality (unless it's a certain ref). happy to proven wrong though, if you have stats to back up your claim.

Let me re phrase that the underdog usually has a big chance of causing an upset.
Less pressure on the team (underdogs) that in turn leads to a better performance.
Wouldnt write off the cowboys in any way, they were inches from the Grand Final last year and the experience will help them immensely.
The Cowboys by 20+ points and thats what i truly think.

Eelectrica

Referee
The under dog is the only team with a chance of causing an upset. It's hardly an upset if the favorite wins!

The pressure is equal for both teams coming into the game. No third chance for cowboys if they lose this one, the season is over for the loser regardless of who it is.

Latest posts